Panzer rollen in Afrika vor!

Paasky

Good News Everyone!
It is the 35th week of 1940 AD. Germany has conquered Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Belgium, The Netherlands, France, Yugoslavia, Gibraltar, Greece & Turkey. Now, do to the French Resistance not ending, High Command has created a plan: Conquer Africa!

-I'm using v1.3 of my WWII Europe scenario, playing as the Germans at Monarch level.

German Industry is at an all time high, the economy is wonderful, everything is perfect. Except in France. Every single French citizen is still in revolt, after almost a year of German power. High Command believes that this is due to the French Government still existing in Africa.

-In this scenario resitors go away only after making peace or destroying the country they're from, and as Germany is in a locked war on France & Britain...

High Command is commencing "Betrieb Sandsturm" (Operation Sandstorm :p ) also because Germanies locked allies, the Italians, are losing in Africa. The Allied have already pushed up to Tripoli and they must be stopped!

-The spaghettis can't even defend themselves from FT-17's & British Infantry...

All units involved in the attack on Africa & Mid-East will have an (AK) in their names, representing Afrika Korps!

Here is the full map of Africa before my assault (1.8mb!):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/pre-ak.jpg

And here are all of the units participating in Betrieb Sandsturm:
East Afrika Korps

Cenrtal Afrika Korps

West Afrika Korps

Week 36, 1940 AD. Betrieb Sandsturm commences.

*West Afrika Korps HQ, 10km East of Rabat*
"Herr General, Herr General! We have just recieved a message from the Feldmarschall: we are to attack Rabat!"
"Already? I haven't had the time to take a bath... Oh well, if we must."
"But Herr General, do you not want to attack?"
"Well, it won't be much of an attack: our scouts have only seen 1 flak battery in the town square. The Luftwaffe have bombed everything out of the city."
-After months of Stuka bombing, every defensive unit except the flak had been destroyed from Rabat, making it an easy target.
"But Herr General, we still have to attack!"
"Yes yes soldat, I'll just get dressed..."

*Central Afrika Korps, Eastern Front, 10km west of Tobruk*
"Jawohl Herr Feldmarschall, immediately. OK YOU SCHMUCKS! I'VE JUST GOT A MESSAGE FROM HIGH COMMAND! WE ARE TO START MOVING EAST, INTO EL ALAMEIN! MOVE-MOVE-MOVE!"

*Central Afrika Korps, Western Front, between Tripoli & Benghazi*
"OK, here's the plan: 7th Panzer Gruppe will go straight to Tripoli while the Scharfschützes will destroy any enemies"
"Jawohl Herr General!"

*Leader Tiger, 7th Panzer Gruppe, French Territory*
"Two groups of FT-17's spotted. Both have slight damage."
"Roger that, we'll destroy them. Scharf1 over and out."

*Scharf1, no-mans-land*
"They are having a break near the oasis, we shall encircle them & snipe them all. Let's go."

*East Afrika Korps HQ, between Damaskos & Beirut*
"2nd Panzer Gruppe shall attack Beirut, 3rd Damaskos. 4th will assist if neccessary."

*2nd Panzer Gruppe, outskirts of Beirut*
"They seem to have 2 MG Batallions & 1 Flak, not very hard. Fireteam 1 will attack from the SE, 2 from the E & 3 from the NE. We shall meet at the town square."

*3rd Panzer Gruppe, outskirts of Damaskos*
"They have nothing more than a MG Batallion, we'll simply drive over them. Vorwarts!"

-Beirut fell with only the 2nd Panzer Gruppe, but Damaskos had 4 defenders so they ran out of movement points. 4th Panzer Gruppe captured the city + 4 workers.

West Afrika Korps capture Rabat:

East AK capture Beirut & Damaskos:

World map after the turn:

damnn!
you're an animal.
finish!
finish!

Week 37, 1940 AD. Betrieb Sandsturm rolls forward.

*Central Afrika Korps, Eastern Front, outskirts of El Alamein*
"Herr General, are we there it is, El Alamein. Shall we attack?"
"No, we shall wait for a while, our Stugs and Panthers are out of gas."
"But Herr General..."
"Do we want to fail? NO! Now do as you are told!"

*Central Afrika Korps, Western Front, outskirts of Tripoli*
"The 7th Panzer Gruppe shall take the city while the scharf groups secure the area. It seems that the French have only FT-17's defending. How could those Italians lose against them, that I do not know. If all goes well, we might send a few scharf groups to get the stragetic oasis at Nahit."

*West Afrika Korps, 20km SW of Rabat*
"It seems that the French have a few FT-17 groups around here, so we must leave one group of Panthers to defend Rabat until we get defenders here. That might take a while as our transport has been sunk by submarines... We'll have to call bombing runs from Gibraltar."

*East Afrika Korps, around Damaskos & Beirut*
"3rd Panzer Gruppe has taken slight damage, but it is still better to leave them here for repairs."
"Jawohl Herr General!"
"2nd & 4th Panzer Gruppen will attack Akaba with the support of Stugs. Also, when they decide to bring their lazy butts here, the 1st Panzer Gruppe will come from Baghdad & help us get Por Said."

*Central Afrika Korps, Western Front, Tripoli Town Square*
"That was easy, only 1 FT-17 group. Now, all schrf groups shall attack Nahit, hopefully thet will be as well armed as these fella's"
"Jawohl Herr General!"
"Also, someone tell the Reichsmarschall of our victory."

*East Afrika Korps, 10km north of Akaba*
"What are thos tanks? I've never seen one of those before."
"They are Amerikanisch tanks; Shermans. Our spies tell us that they are faster, more armoured and have better guns than our Panzer IV's."
"Well, then it's good that we have some Stugs to bombard them before our attack. Besides, our IV H's must be better, right?"
"I hope so..."

*Central Afrika Korps, Western Front, Scharf HQ, outskirts of Nahit*
"Bah, more FT-17's. They were the best tanks of WWI, but not WWII. Easy! Scharf1, go ahead!
*Few hours later*
"What do I see?! Scharf1, what the hell happened?"
"There were too many, and they were well hidden. We got slaughtered..."
"You what? What do you think HQ will say about this? And who do you think will do the explaining? I should have you shot!"
-For some reason the FT-17's almost killed my scharfschützes, but they ran away.
"Scharf2, please, try to impress me..."
"Jawohl Herr General!"
*Few hours later*
"What?! Now scharf2 has been totally destroyed! We're leaving, now! Schnell schnell!

*East Afrika Korps, no-mans-land, Juudea*
"Turn back? Why should we turn back?"
"We did not get the reinforcements we were assigned to have & now Damaskos is totally defenceless! Get back at once!"
"Jawohl Herr General, but we don't have enough fuel... It shall take longer than you require..."
"Aargh! Just try to come ASAP!"
-I accidentally sent my tanks towards Akaba, believing there would be infantry coming, but they got stuck somewhere in Turkey.

Tripoli Captured:

World map after the turn:

What Is That Map?
Random Or Mod?
Tight Story Too...

Top Bottom