New Unit: Martial Artist March 16th 2005

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
While not knowing any martial arts myself I got ahold of a decent sequence of stances for Praying Mantis Kung Fu. I hope I've managed to make the animations between those stances match up in some small way to make a plausible move.

The attacks all loop individually so you can rearrange them or use as many of them as you like.

File: 700kb
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Praying_Mantis.zip

Attack Preview:

Attachments

• MA_Attacks.gif
    MA_Attacks.gif
    77.3 KB · Views: 5,343
Modern animation for that warrior unit that never got upgraded for me, not spearman. But I wish you had some Pao Pat Mei footage to base moves on...man, that would be...well, as cool as this. :smoke:

So very VERY cool! :thumbsup:
What impresses me the most is the realistic movement you have for the sashes. That must have been just as demanding (if not more) than moving the figure from each of those fighting stances. Just curioius... how many joints did you work into those sashes?

Perfect for a Ninja Mod that my friend requested. :goodjob:

Way cool!! I can definitely use this guy in the ol' FF mod (either as a Sabin's monks to round out the Returner civ or for the Fabul monks of FF IV).

Amazing animation and variety of attacks! Awesome unit, Kinboat!

Very smooth and stylish. Body and sash movements come togehter amazingly. Nothing to criticize.

Simply excellent!! :D

Top Bottom