New Unit: Spaceman Spiff May 26th, 2005

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
A Spaceman armed with a mining laser. I made this for Smokingmirror's Mars Mod and with a wonderful drawing done by Kal-el. While I'm calling him Spaceman Spiff obviously you can call him whatever you'd like. Since he was made for the Mars Mod that orange coloring on his suit is supposed to be dust settling on his regulation issue white laborer's suit... He's slacking off on cleaning it up :D

File: 936kb
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Spiff.zip

Preview of AttackB:

Attachments

• SpacemanSpiff_AttackB.gif
    SpacemanSpiff_AttackB.gif
    36 KB · Views: 5,712
Dang, I was expecting Calvin.

Instead I got an amazing unit. Very cool attacks and the overall design is superb.

Wow. :thumbsup:
Figured this guy'd make it to the forum eventually when I saw him for your avatar, but this is beyond what I had envisioned. Did you work only in Poser or did you use 3DS Max for some of those lighting effects? I'm asking b/c I love the way the gun lights up and helmet reflects the ray, and if you pulled if off using only Poser I'm curious as to how you did it. :)

Just Poser :D You can animate the colors in the materials screen (a small check box at the bottom). I used that to set certain parts of the gun glowing in sequence (by upping the ambient color you get a glowing effect). Then the laser beam is just two cylinders, one pure green ambient, and the other a slightly larger semi-transparent white. And to get the green glow on the mask and suit I just parented a spotlight facing back and turned it on at the appropriate times. Relatively simple glowing effects.

Kinboat said:
Since he was made for the Mars Mod that orange coloring on his suit is supposed to be dust settling on his regulation issue white laborer's suit... He's slacking off on cleaning it up :D

You're attention to detail Kinboat is second to none. Great work. That guy cuold be used in plenty of mods.

Very cool! Your units are second to none Kinboat, excellent work! :thumbsup: :D

Huuzzar! Exelent!
Right Now I'm working on the spaceship based mod, trying to get some of it together for when I move.
I've got loads of the mars stuff done already so I'll be able to continue that too, once I get some time.

Actualy I've been thinking of making a more generic "settlement" mod, with a number of predesigned terrain sets and custom tech trees to represent anyplanet you'd care to settle. Not sure yet how I'd get around the fact that some planets would need space suits while others wouldn't, but that can be dealt with... :)

Simply awesome!! :D

Smoking mirror said:
Actualy I've been thinking of making a more generic "settlement" mod, with a number of predesigned terrain sets and custom tech trees to represent anyplanet you'd care to settle. Not sure yet how I'd get around the fact that some planets would need space suits while others wouldn't, but that can be dealt with... :)

Hey thats what I'm kinda of doing. Check Postera Terra in my sig. :)

This unit will be used! :thumbsup:

Finally, Sheesh

;)

great stuff, as always; by any chance, not that it has any real bearing on anything, or even be all that useful (but would look neat) do a "post WWII, Pre-Depression Amercian Rocketeer" unit

explinations, and pictures can be provided if you show any interest ;)

Top Bottom