[MODCOMP] Sevo -- Raw Commerce City Display

Sevo

Leaf on the Wind
It bugged me that there was no way to view the raw commerce being produced in your city without scrolling over one of the science/culture/coin icons. Even then you only got the "total" raw commerce without getting an easy display of the breakdown. So I added another panel below the commerce panel to show the raw city commerce. Screenshot (Note the top left panels):

The CvMainInterface is the only filed modded to make this work, it's in the Zip below. All of the changes for this mod are clearly marked with the lines SevoBegin/SevoEnd. To incorporate these changes find each section and copy it into the corresponding place in your CvMainInterface.py file. (In some cases you replace, in others you simply insert--you should be able to figure it out.)

############################## Sevo Begin
############################## Sevo Begin

blah blah blah

############################## Sevo End
############################## Sevo End

PLEASE NOTE: This file will not work "as is"! It's part of my SevoMod, and as such contains lots of other mod snippets that won't play nice without the rest of the mod. I'm including it here for other modders who simply want to incorporate the commerce display into their own mods!

Attachments

• CvMainInterface.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 821
That's pretty cool. Looks like yet another clever mod from Sevo. Keep it up.

That is very cool Sevo!

Looking through your file I notice several statements that are from 12monkeys. Are these statements also required for this mod? In the OP it sounds as if only the statements made with the Sevo Begin/End, but I just wanted to make sure.

Methos said:
Looking through your file I notice several statements that are from 12monkeys. Are these statements also required for this mod? In the OP it sounds as if only the statements made with the Sevo Begin/End, but I just wanted to make sure.

From the first post: ;)

PLEASE NOTE: This file will not work "as is"! It's part of my SevoMod, and as such contains lots of other mod snippets that won't play nice without the rest of the mod. I'm including it here for other modders who simply want to incorporate the commerce display into their own mods!

12 Monkeys did some interface work that I used in the SevoMod; there's more changes in there as well. I posted this simply for others to see how it was done and potentially use it in their own mods. All of the "SEVO BEGIN/END" changes are the only things you would need to incorporate this little info bit.

:D

Did all the modifications as stated and have found a problem. Once I enter the city screen and exit the "Plot Raw Commerce:" still shows in the top left corner. Only the statement, not the amount.

How do I get this to not show out of the city screen?

Methos said:
Did all the modifications as stated and have found a problem. Once I enter the city screen and exit the "Plot Raw Commerce:" still shows in the top left corner. Only the statement, not the amount.

How do I get this to not show out of the city screen?

Did you leave out "screen.hide('MaintenanceTextb')" ? That seems to be the widget that isn't being blanked out.

Many thanks Sevo, for providing the code and particularly in marking all the changes so clearly. I was able to adapt part of your changes for my own purposes without problems.

Works fine under warlords. I have it working in both the composite mod and my unaltered mod.

Ket said:
Works fine under warlords. I have it working in both the composite mod and my unaltered mod.

Cool. The python seems to upgrade pretty readily.

First things first, :goodjob: on this fine addition to cIV. I use it as part of Ruff Hi's SG mod.

One thing that bugged me is that in the capital under Bureaucracy, the 50% bonus is included in the Raw Plot value. Looking at the code I saw comments that CyPlot.getYield() is messed up. I assume you were trying to fix the above problem, so I did. :)

See this post for the changes I made if you're interested.

First things first, :goodjob: on this fine addition to cIV. I use it as part of Ruff Hi's SG mod.

One thing that bugged me is that in the capital under Bureaucracy, the 50% bonus is included in the Raw Plot value. Looking at the code I saw comments that CyPlot.getYield() is messed up. I assume you were trying to fix the above problem, so I did. :)

See this post for the changes I made if you're interested.

I was about to report this bug with a screen shot, just before seeing this reply! I will patch up the file as EmperoFool mentioned in a separate post. Thanks!(I'd love to still see the net total commerce w/o Bureaucracy +50% bonus though :mischief:) Anyways I'm attaching my screen shot illustration for sevo.. :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 260
Top Bottom