Battlefield Asia: The Asian answer to the Ancient Meditarrean Mod..

See if this covers the area you want. Talk it over with Shirou. Infinite adjustments can be made. I can then use it to model a map from.

By making resources scarce, and using things like LM terrain, settlements can be actively discouraged. For example, the steppes could have horses, but no cows or wheat, and differ from plains in not giving much food.

Thank You. While I'm waiting for some answers on the Mac/technical side of things, I'll start my initial scanning and research on resource placement, etc. Some of this work is already done, because the Greater Bharata mod i want to eventually do covers the southern half of this area. I'm not a quick worker, but I'm steady.

Steady and slow wins the race..:)

Maybe I should sort out what units should be included..

Heres want I think should be included as units that have different stats than equaleviants built by other civs, rather than simple flavor units:

China:

Firelancer should be availible as first gunpowder unit before anyone else. Also the Chu Ko Nu, later they could get whatever that tank is that China only builds today.

Korea:

Should possess the Hwacha, Hwarang and Turtleship among other things.

Japan:

Samurai, Shenobi.......and later, Zero Fighters

India:

Mahouts, Indian Chariot

Nepal:

Ghurka/Gurka

Thailand/Siam:

War Barge, Portuguese Mercanaries(In the Gunpowder Age/Age of Discovery)

Bagan/Burma/Pagan:

I have no idea here guys

Khmer:

DPII's Phakak Man

Java:

Keris

Tibet:

Camjh's monk(settler UU)

Mongols:

Keshik, Kinboat's Horde units(the Munit one should be an army replacement)

What about the others?

well all japanese medievil units are "samurai" so in my mods I have their UU be mounted samurai, from the PTW extras. I also give them the Kensai, the armoured samurai from the PTW extra, and in indsturial age it turns into the edo samurai from civ3, not upgraded but just changes like workers do. Japan's infantry are amphibious and they cannot build a marine. I dont know if they will share the infantry with Ryukyu and Ainu.

Great ideas Shiro...

Should we include the Conquests ww2 japanese units(like the Japanese Infantry), they wouldn't use up any space in the mod size wise.

Even if you want to use some things for everyone, it makes more sense to have everyone building Japanese carriers than the American Enterprise-Class at least I think so.

Theres a Nageta-using Samurai that Kinboat made which he for some reason named as an Ashigaru(armor is way to ornate for a peasant warrior)

i said japanese infantry, i ment from PTW. I dont know, Japanese aircraft carriers are unique to Japan, I think the rest should build western carriers aside from Ryukyu, Japan, Ainu, Korea and Taiwan (I might have just upset Koreans and Taiwanese ;P )

I use the naginata samurai as a shino unit for korea and china since it looks so without the banner. Japan's replacement for the pikeman is the Ashigaru (PTW), because they have a pike.

Could the Otomo units from PTW work if renamed? I saw some pre-samurai military pictures and some of them resembled them

Makes sense for the Aircraft Carriers, although I'm sure Taiwanese and Koreans would probably as you said, view that as an insult of some kind(Wars over folks, like someone else here says, remember the lessions but forget the hate)

That works well Shiro. Figured out how to use the good units Kinboat made and PTW stuff...: )

I'm glad I met you.

Tibet's units should include the Khampa Horseman and maybe a generic "Himalayan Archer." That monk unit does not fit Tibet at all since it is a Shaolin Monk. Shaolin is Chinese. Sticking the Tibetans with a Chinese units would likely be insulting.

Vietnam's units should include the Au-Lac Crossbowman (Vietnamese had the crossbow very early on) and of course the Guerilla unit (as their infantry was trained in guerilla warfare, even early on).

The Dutch colonizers frequently wet their pants when they saw these totally berserk Javanese warriors creeping out of the jungle in the middle of the night with black painted faces and wearing human bones as war prizes. I forget the exact word they used to describe them, but as it got corrupted down through the years it got transformed into "boogie men".

You're referring to the "Bugis" people. They also were excellent mariners, sometimes hired to transport goods, sometimes hired to do more ilicit activities (like piracy or attacking ships, whether it be SE Asian or European). Dutch mothers would tell their children if that they didn't behave, the "Bugis" men would come and snatch them away. ;)

I don't know if they are Javanese, by the way. I think they're actually from Borneo, but it's been a while since I looked.

maybe you guys could include some of the Hobbit gfx for those Micronesian dwarf-people?

If it (the mod, not the scenario) goes all the way to the epic game, how about adding in the Mughals and other tribes from the very east of the middle east?

Top Bottom