New Unit: Calormen Ship

Orthanc

Shipwright
This one's for the Narnia Mod, requested by Spacer One, kinda a nemesis for that Dawn Treader I made a bit ago. The civilopedia entry (made by Spacer One :thanx:) pretty much sums up what this boat's about. The vulture at the bow was fun to make (yeah, I kinda hijacked your wings aaglo):D

Download:
Calormen Ship

:) Happy sailing!

A Calormene Spruce Goose? :lol: That is a cool ship, Orthanc!

Out of curiosity, is there a textual reference in the Narnia books to Calormene ships with vulture-shapes on the front?

Thanks everyone!

@Mithadan: You''l have to ask Spacer One about that, I've only read the first book so far.

Sorry for this sidetrack here, but for those of you who have spent more hours than you could hope to count playing a single game: has anyone else out there ran into a glitch where you're told a unit was made, but it in fact wasn't? See, I've been playing this one game for the last 3 YEARS (on a 300x300 map, and I cut the tech tree off after Steam Power) and it just pulled this glitch on me. The city production screen pops up at the start of my turn saying I've made such-and-such unit but the unit doesn't actually appear, I'll right-click the city afterwards and it ain't there.:sad:

So I'm guessing I've hit the Civ 3 (Conquests) grand unit cap or something. I've set it up so unit's don't cost anything, so it's not my country being unable to support them. I mean I've got 6500 units myself, the 3 AI's (left from 15:hammer:) probably got about 2000 combined. Oh, and it ain't my computer, it was brand new this January, 102 GB of space still left. Anyone else hit up against this?

Sorry again for the tech question, but honestly, I can't expect anyone but those who've played A REALLY LONG TIME to have any experience with this one. Oh and don't worry, the glitch's got nothing to do with this Calormen Ship, seeing as it's not in this scenario.

Wow, that's commitment. Many people have marriages that don't last as long as that game. Although this has never happened to me, I believe that the effect you describe is indeed what happens when the unit limit is reached, in which case my advice is to start thinning the herds a little. Sounds like a truly spectacular war is on the cards here.

Ok...there is NO REFERENCE to Calormen ships AT ALL...the closest you get is when Rabidash begs his father the Tisroc(may he live forever) to let him take the fastest ships in the fleet to chase Susan...

In the VotDT, Calormen ships are hinted at, saying that they buy slaves for Lone Islanders, and some are on the Lone Islands when Prince Caspian breaks the slaves free...

It is mentioned that the best ship builders are from Calormen, and that Pirates from Terebethia often contract Calormen ship builders...

The figurehead, was a creative concept that happened when I badly described what I wanted the ship to look like...I just wanted the head of the vulture, and a little of the chest originally, but what Orthanc came up with was so menacing and perfectly captured the "dark" feeling of Calormen, that I was inclined not to correct him...I actually was gonna request that the wings move a bit to emphasize motion, but as a person who cant make units, it seemed like too much work to me, so I didnt

BEAUTIFUL JOB ORTHANC (as usual)

This came out great. A wonderful unit.:)

Can I use this as the Atlantian/Numenorean ship in my "Age of Magic" Mod?

@Lord Malbeth: You can use it however you want, hence why units are put up, and for free :thumbsup:

Thanks again everone!:)

Top Bottom