SGOTM 02 Maintenance Thread - The Revenge of Tokugawa

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Welcome to the C-IV SGOTM 02 Maintenance thread. The purpose of this thread is to give you somewhere to post about non-spoiler issues relating to the game. It is a way of communicating to the rest of the players outside your team, and with the staff about matters that affect your team or everyone. You can post about bugs, rule clarifications, problems with the roster etc. Please subscribe to it so that you are kept up to date with new information as the game proceeds.

The team lists are in the second post in this thread.

This game will be played in Civ4, patched to v1.61.

You are cast in the role of Tokugawa, mighty leader of the Japanese. Tokugawa's brother has left the island city of Kyoto to avenge the death of his wife and only son. He has travelled to a distant land without finding their murderer. So the brother of Tokugawa will settle and found a new Japanese colony, and the Japanese have sworn to conquer the rest of civilization in order to hunt down and destroy their enemy.

The game is on a Standard size fractal map, modified as only Gyathaar knows how, at Epic speed. All victory conditions are enabled, but the laurels for this contest will be awarded to the fastest teams to achieve a Conquest victory. The number of AI rivals has not yet been revealed. It will be played using version 1.61 of Civ4 with locked modified assets.

Individual start files for all teams will be available on the SGOTM Progress and Results Page at midnight, server local time, at the start of August 8th.

Here's the start position.

Map Parameters
Playable Civ - Tokugawa of Japan
World size - Standard
Difficulty - Monarch
Landform - Fractal, hand modified
Game Speed - Epic
AI Aggression - YES!
Barbarians - Raging!!

Please visit the following link to ensure that you are adequately prepared:
Civ4 SGOTM reference thread

Notes:

A. ONLY Civilization IV v1.61 is supported for this SGOTM. All teams will compete for up to four awards - the Gold, Silver and Bronze Laurels for the fastest finishes, and the Wooden Spoons for the lowest scoring finisher.

B. All teams must play the sponsored variant - victory will be awarded for the fastest victory by Conquest.

C. All saved game files uploaded to the server are parsed through software that extracts and archives data about your save, including reload count for each turn set.

Here's a copy of the Team Lists to save you hunting the Sign-up Thread for it.

The Geezers seem to have changed completely.:eek: Actually there is no geezer in there.:D

I posted about this in the signup thread...Fifth Element seems to have conquered and killed all the Geezers while taking over the name. :)

Sorry about that :blush: I've repaired the damage, I think. Geezers are restored, and I've transferred a New Team 3 player to make you up to six.

I guess it means "Yes --- they are aggressive"

For a given value of aggressive... Gandhi sure can be a mean punching bag sometimes :p

bobrath said:
Sorry to ask what may be a silly question, but what does this setting mean:

AlanH said:
AI Aggression - YES!

When in the Custom Menu when setting up a game, one of the optional boxes to check is Aggressive AI. I assume this box has been checked, and/or our opponents have the Aggressive Trait.

Top Bottom