Duchy of Limburg

pay-t

Lazy historian
Adds the Duchy of Limburg to your warlords game. And me being a patriotic Limburger has resulted this into a very nice civ:D

Leaders: Irmgard (Spiritual, Protective)
Walram (Industrious, Creative)

UU: Maaslander (replaces knight)
same as knight + woodsman II

UB: Brewery (replaces grocery)
same as grocery only = 50% commerce instead of 25%

click here for download

Spoiler :

Thanks to the guys of Visa for letting me use their brewery building

UU: Maaslander (replaces knight)
same as knight + woodsman I

How does this work exactly, knights don't receive defensive bonuses, but you've given this unit woodsman I?

Does he get defensive bonuses ONLY on woods/jungles or what?

How does this work exactly, knights don't receive defensive bonuses, but you've given this unit woodsman I?

Does he get defensive bonuses ONLY on woods/jungles or what?

No it doesn't get the bonus, It's my bad, I should have given him woodsman 2 for the extra movement. Fixing it right away;)

very very nicely done civ, but I never heard of the place.

forgive me for asking, but where is it?

very very nicely done civ, but I never heard of the place.

forgive me for asking, but where is it?

Currently it is the southern provence of the Netherlands. But in its Duchy times it was an area going from the Ruhr-gebiet to Northern France and Luxemburg.:D
Not alot of people know it exists, that's why I like to build civs like it:)

Currently it is the southern provence of the Netherlands. But in its Duchy times it was an area going from the Ruhr-gebiet to Northern France and Luxemburg.:D
Not alot of people know it exists, that's why I like to build civs like it:)

its good promoting political entites no one cares about. :) really. helps to broaden the mind.

still, Europe is very overrepresented :)

A person named dutchking not knowing where Limburg is is quite funny:lol:

As I said to cybrxkhan it is the southern provence of the Netherlands. But in its Duchy times it was an area going from the Ruhr-gebiet to Northern France and Luxemburg.

It is quite funny, but my ancestors left the Netherlands hundreds of years ago. :D

there is also a Limburg in Belgium. In 1830 when Belgium gained independence from the Netherlands both Belgian and Dutch Limburg where part of Belgium but with the peace of 1839 Limburg was split up.

there is also a Limburg in Belgium. In 1830 when Belgium gained independence from the Netherlands both Belgian and Dutch Limburg where part of Belgium but with the peace of 1839 Limburg was split up.

Yes, something very weird that was. Limburg didn't fit in both countries so they both took a share. Actually it should be a whole different country.

Sorry for being so patriotic:bounce: , I usually hate patriots:D

I like what you did with Alexander's armor. You might be on to something there, possibly a way to create a suit for Renaissance leaders like Charles I or a Spanish/Portugese leader? It would need some more texture work and some ornate trim as part of that, but this is a good start and not something that would have been obvious.

I like what you did with Alexander's armor. You might be on to something there, possibly a way to create a suit for Renaissance leaders like Charles I or a Spanish/Portugese leader? It would need some more texture work and some ornate trim as part of that, but this is a good start and not something that would have been obvious.

Thank you, but it wasn't Alexander's armor, it was Augustus' :)

Yes, something very weird that was. Limburg didn't fit in both countries so they both took a share. Actually it should be a whole different country.

What was it that they say again about Limburg?

"Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands fought over Limburg and the Netherlands have lost the battle?" ;)

Top Bottom