Blue Marble V3.0

ColdFever

blue
This program allows the installation of a new graphic design for Sid Meier's Civilization IV™, based on images of the NASA projects Blue Marble and Hubble, supplemented with a graphically modernized and harmonized user interface. Individual components are selectable in the setup program.
Homepage and Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/bluemarble
German Mirror: http://www.civilized.de/www/content/index.php?cat=civ4_bluemarble

Desired/Undesired components can be enabled/disabled during installation via options:
Terrains: BlueMarble textures of the earth map or space map (FinalFrontier)
Themes: BlueMarble fonts, color settings and mouse cursors
Backgrounds: BlueMarble backgrounds (loading screens, advisors, civilopedia)
Leaderheads: BlueMarble leaderheads (color adapted and "aged", transparent symbols)

comparison screenshot:

terrain screenshot:

leaderhead screenshot (color adapted and "aged")

Hubba hubba! You guys are gods (of Civ 4 sexiness at least) - loving the jazzed up pedia and advisor backgrounds and the LH aging.

I got troubles with Blue marble v 3.0. in multiplayer. All recent versions worked well once they change graphics only. Now game crashes with application error... Can you explain this?

Thanks a lot for this!!! I'm especially impressed with the new stuff for the Final Frontier mod (my favourite mod of all time :goodjob:) Truly great stuff :)

I got troubles with Blue marble v 3.0. in multiplayer. All recent versions worked well once they change graphics only. Now game crashes with application error... Can you explain this?
Yes, here as well.
With BlueMarble installed multiplayer crashes just after creating the world.
Uninstalling BlueMarble fixed it again.

With BlueMarble installed multiplayer crashes just after creating the world. Uninstalling BlueMarble fixed it again.
Confirmed, you are right. There is a bug in BtS, not affected are Vanilla and Warlords:

Any alternative custom graphics under
My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets\Art
lead to crashing BtS on Multiplayer startup.

It does not matter how many and what kind of graphics, just one alternative graphic and multiplayer crashes. I cannot help here and have to contact Firaxis about this.

Warning: Civ4-BtS currently (V3.02) contains a bug and Multiplayer crashes on using alternative graphics. Until Firaxis releases a bug fix, Blue Marble cannot be used for BtS-Multiplayer. Sorry.

Beautiful, very beautiful....
I love the new look of space :)

Warning: Civ4-BtS currently (V3.02) contains a bug and Multiplayer crashes on using alternative graphics. Until Firaxis releases a bug fix, Blue Marble cannot be used for BtS-Multiplayer. Sorry.

Good news: Firaxis found the bug and will have it fixed in the next official patch. But as the last BtS patch V3.02 just is a few days old, this will take a while, as they probably want to collect other bugs too. This is what lead programmer Alex writes:

Alex Mantzaris said:
Thanks for reporting this bug. The fix is easy, but it does require a new build. We will be releasing another patch soon, but it won’t be for at least another month.

Ahh already out? Fantastic! Thanks a lot.... as many, many, many others... I couldn't possibly play the game without anymore! :)

I have installed the bluemarble project but all my graphics dont display at all instead what i get is a pink colored display.
Why is that ?

I have installed the bluemarble project but all my graphics dont display at all instead what i get is a pink colored display. Why is that ?
Hmm, did you also try the "LowRes" installation in the Blue Marble installer for less powerful computers? If nothing helps use "Uninstall All" to remove Blue Marble entirely, then you should be ok again, playing with the original graphics.

I tried all the above but nothing.
I unistalled and all is ok, but i want to know what causes the problem and i cant use the bluemarble.

I tried all the above but nothing. I unistalled and all is ok, but i want to know what causes the problem and i cant use the bluemarble.
I would think that on your system Civilization recognizes the Blue Marble graphics but somehow is not successful loading them. Do you perhaps have any kind of special characters in your user file path to "My Games"? Suggestion: please run the Blue Marble installer and click on "List Affected Files", then copy (CTRL-C) and paste (CTRL-V) the output into a mail to me at kai@civilized.de. If I find anything special, I can send Firaxis a bug report.

ColdFever I send you the data you asked in the attachment. I think that the problem is in the Greek Windows Xp I use becauce the path make use of some greek characters( see the folder "my documents" is in the greek language). Before I used to have a greek User Name for my Windows acount and the game was not able to save its settings every time i restarted. The problem was solved when I created an account with english characters. But this one seems it doesnt work this way. If i change the folder " My documents" to english characters many of my programs wont work.
Thank you for your time

thx for update. Personally I don't like those new features, I'll use only terrain blue marble textures ;)

Top Bottom