[GRAPHICS] Blue Marble for Colonization

Hmm, I would prefer if you would release only your textures; this way future releases would stay independent. If this is not enough for you, please add info to your credits about the Blue Marble source and where to get updates for it.

That's okay, if you'd prefer I not do this, I won't touch it. Not a problem. :)

Actually, would it be okay if it was a mod for Blue Marble?

I wouldn't include any of your work in the download, just my own files. Blue Marble would be listed as strongly recommended, with links to this thread and the download page.

EDIT: What I mean is, the description would say something like "This terrain changes in this mod was made with Blue Marble users in mind, so it is strongly advised that you install Blue Marble before using this mod.", but there would be no Blue Marble files in the mod.

Is there a scaling tool available also? I would LOVE to be able to change the size of the things in the game :)

Is there a scaling tool available also? I would LOVE to be able to change the size of the things in the game
Sorry, no, there won't be a graphics scaling tool from me. I also do not support the graphics scaling tool anymore that I once wrote for Civ4, because the way Firaxis enabled scaling via the XML files created too many problems for users. Especially the lack of multiplayer compatibility and faults where certain gameplay items strangely enough were not affected by the scaling parameters lead to frustrations.

Mod doesn't appear in the DL Database.
This is because the DL database was created after the mod. The missing entry now has been fixed.

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to create these very good-looking new graphics for colonization.... :)

Sorry, no, there won't be a graphics scaling tool from me. I also do not support the graphics scaling tool anymore that I once wrote for Civ4, because the way Firaxis enabled scaling via the XML files created too many problems for users. Especially the lack of multiplayer compatibility and faults where certain gameplay items strangely enough were not affected by the scaling parameters lead to frustrations.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I was trying to manually scale some of the bonuses, improvements, and found it to be a lot more complicated than it appears. :crazyeye: But with help from others, in changing (and adding) scaling values in the CIV4PlotLSystem.xml, I have been able to scale most of the (unscalable) units.

:)

(so far)

*Headdesk* I was looking at the screenshots from the original game, and wondering what the difference was...

Then I saw the actual mod. Looks beautiful.

Hi.

I have some problems with the mod.

I installed it several times and backgrounds and themes get changed.

...but not the terrains.
they seems to be the same as vanilla's.
especially the sea plots: they don't like the ones in the screenshots at all.

how can be this possible?

could be there some important instructions to follow before execute the .exe?
I couldn't find a F.A.Q. anywhere.

Top Bottom