Earth 1643 AD

Lokolus

Retired...
Earth 1643 AD!

Download link

Europe is in the 30 years war, the Holy Roman Empire is collapsing and losing it's importance while Sweden rise as a new power. All of the european nations are colonizing and exploring the world while Russia expands into the east and reached the Pacific Ocean. The Dutch just discovered Australia and Portugal is reconquering it's old colonies: Northern Brazil and Angola.The small Manchurian state starts to conquer the Chinese Ming dinasty and founded a new dinasty, Qing. England is in civil war and Louis XIV is king of France, at the age of 5.

Playable Civs:
Spanish Empire
Portuguese Empire
English Empire
Dutch Empire
Holy Roman Empire
French Empire
Danish Empire
Polish-Lithuanian Empire
Swedish Empire
Russian Empire
Chinese Empire (Ming)
Manchurian Empire (Qing)
Japanese Empire
Mughal Empire
Ottoman Empire
Persian Empire
Kanem-bornu Empire
Harar Sultanate

Only for BTS
This game should be played in Epic speed!

I hope you enjoy! :)

I've been playing the Dutch (couldn't help myself) til 1695: big fun!:)

Some minor points of criticism:
the Spanish:
- start with 5000 cash (I'm sure they can use it, but why?)
- don't have any cities/colonies around California (San Francisco, Los Angeles,San Diego)
- don't have Brussels or anything (I suppose Aachen replaced it?)
- the Dutch start at war with the HRE (?)
- the Danes start at war with Spain (should be Sweden in 1643)
- the Swedish start at war with the Spain (?)
- maybe add some Indians/Native Americans (cities or units)?

Other than that:looking great!:goodjob:

PS: couldn't help thinking you've been checking out 1600 AD for CIV Gold; do I get credits for that?:mischief:

Some minor points of criticism:
the Spanish:
- start with 5000 cash (I'm sure they can use it, but why?)
- don't have any cities/colonies around California (San Francisco, Los Angeles,San Diego)

Spain was rich around that time, bringing boatloads of gold (literally) from their colonies, as for California, it wasn't colonized until about 100 years later, so that's historically accurate.

Spain was rich around that time, bringing boatloads of gold (literally) from their colonies, as for California, it wasn't colonized until about 100 years later, so that's historically accurate.

On the 1st: the 80 Years War virtually bankrupted Spain, so I don't see how that works out.:confused: (These boatloads of gold actually skyrocketed inflation in Europe - especially Spain...)

On the 2nd: My bad (I hadn't checked my historical atlas) - thx!:goodjob:

10 Chars is short for "10 Characters". you type it when you're message is too short.

Can you please rate this scenario? I worked a lot on it...

I was in a hurry when I posted the download, so I forgot to place it in the announcement thread.

P.S: 5 STARS!!!

All my scenario are fixed now (thank you JEELEN) so you can all download again.

I've played this a couple times now as different sides. Enjoyed it a lot.

Played England first, but tired of their poor situation. Played as Spain though, you have a heafty colonial expense to pay off, and I was tech lacking the entire game, though I was 1# in score the entire time thanks to my massive empire. Got hold of Sids Sushi and Cereal corps in spain, spread it around europe and N. America to help pay off the colonies.

Enjoyed it for spain, though upon their trails they are poor on the income until a good 120 turns into it.

---

Holy Roman Empire. Starting off at war with practically everyone. Poland declared war (bribe) on first turn, So I had to think carefully on units.

Spread the main Currasier army around Berlin and Bremen to halt the Sweedish attack, whilst some spare currasiers go to Augsburg?* (where French army is). I halted both attacks, and with some AMAZING luck destroyed both armies, then shifted everyone to the french, and took Paris and Marsielle, with just Brest and Bordeoux remaining. I had to call for peace as the Polish were begining to test the defenses. The grand currsier army, bolstered by Landskent soldiers stormed Warszaw, and with some Cannons (custom assets=cannon@gunpowder tech) took Kopenhagen and Amsterdam. The Continent pretty much belonged to me. and ensued a great game that lasted with a grand blitz around the Balkans, Norway and finally Russia.

--

Im playing russia now with the Next War mod loaded in too, ill make some more . .. .. .. . in here to see how that works out.

Really good map. Best Ive been playing in months.

Thanks! This scenario has a great rating, but you're the only one that really told me why!

I have found consistently in the games on this map that the Mughal and Persian empires seam to start a bit too strong in my opinion, and there are too few troops in the british colonial cities in India who could invade to take the country. Persia herself I think is a bit unbalanced with its situation with the ottomans. I always see them capturing the two Coastal cities (Yerusalem and the northern one) and the Ottomans seam unable to retake them and sue for peace.

You know you can set the names that the AI and the player will use for founding cities, I saw the english + french + spanish cities being named in the regular order which is a bit odd for the new world. York, Lyon and Corboda and the like..

CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_Los_Angeles
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_Portland
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_Baton_Rouge

Place that after the Attitude modifiers in the world builder save and it works.

Downloading!

Any chance of adding a token representation of the other civs----Native Americans and perhaps the Zulu and Siamese?

Or does lag past 18 civs get too bad?

could i get a screen for the LH for kanem-bornu's civ.

The leaderhead is Mansa Musa, renamed Idris Alooma. I can't add a real civ without making this scenario a mod.

Top Bottom