Bug Reports

A recurring bug with colonies, which may be related to the 'Start as Minor Civs' option, is that whenever I create a colony and grant my cities independence (NOT due to rebellion), the colony is a minor civ, and thus causes every nation in the world to declare war on me. Surely the 'Start as Minor Civ' option should not apply to colonies?

getting a CTD once I end my turn in this save

edit: latest version of revolution (1.6), over clean 3.17 patch

Well, I took a look and there was nothing unusual in the logs. I can't reproduce the problems you're having either so I have no idea what is different and causing the problem on your computer. Sorry :(

A recurring bug with colonies, which may be related to the 'Start as Minor Civs' option, is that whenever I create a colony and grant my cities independence (NOT due to rebellion), the colony is a minor civ, and thus causes every nation in the world to declare war on me. Surely the 'Start as Minor Civ' option should not apply to colonies?

That's definitely a bug, I'll figure out why it's happening and what can be done to fix it. Basically civ must be creating the colony and setting it to alive before giving them techs ... with them becoming your vassal, then things get really complicated.

I managed to load it up with no problems (Other than two civilopedia errors I got from fooling with the core assests, but that doesn't matter). It was just the missing toolbars, so I assume it *almost* works on the mac.

Damn it, I'm starting to want Bootcamp.

how can I complete a game when I'm winning with autoplay enabled? is there a chance to get into the stats screen and highscore list?

sometimes I'm afk. :D and since BUG mod is not merged in revolution mod, I don't see if I'll win next round (in case I'm not afk).

Yeah, I don't believe the mod works on the Mac at all ... I don't think mods with custom DLLs work on Mac, though I don't know a whole lot about it not having a Mac. Anyone else know?

Mods with Windows Python don't work on Macs because the Mac version of the game uses Mac Python 2.3 while Windows uses Python 2.4, something like that. Mac mods will always work on Windows but not the other way around.

Well, I took a look and there was nothing unusual in the logs. I can't reproduce the problems you're having either so I have no idea what is different and causing the problem on your computer. Sorry :(

reporting that I updated to 1.61, and that seems to have fixed the crash
w/e you changed must've done it 'cause I'm certain I had no extra assets anywhere
just in case you were interested

edit: or maybe it was smth to do with solver's or better AI additions?

I done broke my game! Revolution refuses to load up at all when you start playing. It works fine when you load up the game itself, select all the options like Revolution mod, Barbarian stuff and whatever, but when the game finally loads into a map, nothing! Revolution doesn't exist. I have tried deleting my custom assets folder and the entire BTS folder in My Documents, but nothing. So strange.

@Soduka
I wonder if you installed Revolutions within the original program directory. Deleting my documents will then not help you. Questions are if you can still play BTS without Revolutions? If yes, the problem is within your program mod directory where you installed Revolutions. If no, then you might have to do a reinstall BTS.
Cheers.

reporting that I updated to 1.61, and that seems to have fixed the crash
w/e you changed must've done it 'cause I'm certain I had no extra assets anywhere
just in case you were interested

edit: or maybe it was smth to do with solver's or better AI additions?

Great! That would explain why the crash didn't happen for me perhaps since I was using 1.61 ... no idea what would have fixed anything that would have caused a crash though. Must have been Solver's patch?

@Roamty
That'll be something to do with me. I was the one who modded the screen. To fix, just get the vanilla BTS foreign advisor screens and put them in the Revolutions folder and you'll be able to continue sweet.

In other words:
1) Original BTS files (3.17)
%BTS installation under program files%\assets\python\screens\CvExoticForeignAdvisor.py
%BTS installation under program files%\assets\python\screens\CvForeignAdvisor.py

2) Replace Revolutions versions in the directory below, with the files in step(1):
\%Revolution installation%\mods\assets\python\screens\

3) Continue game. Simple.

Why that happened I do not know but I'll take note.
Cheers.

Hi, jdog5000.

I've merged your mod successful with the Community Civ V but now I've got some trouble. I'm replacing at the moment your civ scores with my scrolling civ score table. Here is a screen that shows what I mean. :D

But while testing I found a problem. When my civ turns from minor civ to full civ it seems as if my civ forgets suddenly all other civs they have met in the past and have no contact to at the moment. Can that be fixed? :rolleyes:

By the way - very cool mod. :goodjob:

Hi, jdog5000.

I've merged your mod successful with the Community Civ V but now I've got some trouble. I'm replacing at the moment your civ scores with my scrolling civ score table. Here is a screen that shows what I mean. :D

But while testing I found a problem. When my civ turns from minor civ to full civ it seems as if my civ forgets suddenly all other civs they have met in the past and have no contact to at the moment. Can that be fixed? :rolleyes:

By the way - very cool mod. :goodjob:

The mod clears has met status temporarily when switching a minor civ to a normal civ to cause the "Nice to meet you" diplomacy window to open. In some older versions the civs may not have always re-met immediately, I'm not sure, but in 1.61 they should always meet right after change in status.

As part of some improvements for StartAsMinors, I've changed how re-meeting works for the next version (1.62, will be up today or tomorrow) to make it all SDK driven and a lot cleaner. Check out that version when it's up and see if it works better for you.

BTW, I like the scrolling scoreboard! :goodjob: Is the code for that available somewhere?

Top Bottom