Deeper Economy

Myratax

Chieftain
Deeper Economy Mod

So here is Version 1

My goals for the mod are :

-making the economy more complex in a way like "Hey do i realy want to build a farm here/bank in this city or would it cost more then i get from"
-making some buildings worth building
-changing some resouces that you actually feel a diffrence (for example cows)

Changelog :

Spoiler :

General :

added 1 Gold maintenance cost for :
farm, mine, quarry, lumbermill, pasture, fisching boats, camp, well, offshore platform, fort

New :

Buildings :

Inland port
3 Maintenance
+1 Gold on River Tiles
needs Sailing (Tech)

Changes :

Buildings :

Market
Goldmaintenance raised from 0 to 1
25% Goldmodifier removed
2 Gold for every 3 Citizens added
changed description

Bazaar
25% Goldmodifier removed
changed description

Bank
Goldmaintenance raised from 0 to 2

Satraps Court
Goldmaintenance raised from 0 to 2

Stock Exchange
Goldmaintenance raised from 0 to 3
33% Goldmodifier raised to 50%

Harbor
25% Production bonus removed
+1 Gold from Water Tiles added
Shorthelp changed

Granary
+2 Food removed
+10% Food added

´Watermill
+2 Food removed
+10% Food +5% production added

Wonders

Colossus
+1 Gold changed to +1 Production

Improvements

Fishing Boats
+2 Gold (Fish) changed to +2 Food
+1 Gold (Pearls) changed to +2 Gold
+1 Gold (Wahle) changed to +1 Gold +1 Production

Mine
+1 production Bonus after discovering Dynamite
+1 Goldbonus for special recources (Gems, Gold, Silver) raised to +2

Pasture
+1 Production (Horse) changed to +1 production +1 gold
+1 production (cow) changed to +1 production +1 food
+1 food (sheep) changed to +1 food +1 gold

Camp
+ 1 Gold (Ivory) changed to +1 Gold +1 Production
+ 1 Gold (Fur) changed to +2 Gold
+ 1 Food (Deer) changed to +1 Food +1 Gold

Terrain

Flood Plains
+2 Food changed to +3 Food

Known Issues:

Spoiler :

German readme not up to date

Future :

Spoiler :

new buildings like
steemworks (needs iron and coal to build)

slavemarket
+1 production for every 3 pop -1 happieness

something to do with weath cows ect. like a bakery or butcher

something with unused special resources

Have Fun with it.

Im glad if i see new Ideas and comments here :)

The points in "future" are something to think abaut. maybe i change them maybe they never make it into the mod. discuss

Attachments

• Deeper Economy (v 1).rar
    10 KB · Views: 120
I have some quick ideas (dont have time to test right now):

- something like i saw in civ IV maybe where for example bakery would add bonus to food if they were supplied with resources like wheat

- since alot of things in this game is simplified, maybe add a simple trade to encourage people to get more resources even if they have them already. I propose to add +1 gold or/and +1 happy per every surplus (not used and not traded) resource we have (both bonus and strategic)

i like your idea of infrastructure upkeep very much.

If you go this way maybe you should push it a lil further...

let the goldboni for tradepost, mines on gold, gem and so on, plantages be a lil higher, give it an upkeep and give farms, fishing boat pretty much everything one too...

but it needs to be balanced, the cities should be able to fairly grow with the improvments and earn money like you intended. I like the population based bonus. Maybe you can add sth like this for a production building aswell :)

and i think you should add policies and wonders that change the upkeep of some parts of the infrastructure, buildings and so on or that enhance the populationbonus given by buildings or so. How do you like that?

I have some quick ideas (dont have time to test right now):

- something like i saw in civ IV maybe where for example bakery would add bonus to food if they were supplied with resources like wheat

- since alot of things in this game is simplified, maybe add a simple trade to encourage people to get more resources even if they have them already. I propose to add +1 gold or/and +1 happy per every surplus (not used and not traded) resource we have (both bonus and strategic)

how am i willing to trade if i do get a surplus bonus?

Maybe you should do a stack bonus like a monopoly bonus. Sth like Surpluscount / 2 in gold per turn. this way you might wanna get rid of this 1 surplus gold, but you might get another gem where you also have 1 spare of. This way you can earn +1 gold a turn...making trading more interessting.

But...it still looks like peanuts ^^

I mean internal trade simplification. Something like you sell surplus to local market. Im playing on large maps and always i have too many resources and cant sell all to AI so they are almost with no value to me. That way i was thinking about this how to add value to them somehow. Other mods already are incrasing production to balance marathon games so im saying to add more gold from resources instead - effect is almost the same but encourages to get more resources. And if you can trade said resource to AI then good you will get better deal than 1gpt

I was thinking that mines shouldn't get a production boost until the Dynamite tech. That way lumbermills can compete with them for a while.

I mean internal trade simplification. Something like you sell surplus to local market. Im playing on large maps and always i have too many resources and cant sell all to AI so they are almost with no value to me. That way i was thinking about this how to add value to them somehow. Other mods already are incrasing production to balance marathon games so im saying to add more gold from resources instead - effect is almost the same but encourages to get more resources. And if you can trade said resource to AI then good you will get better deal than 1gpt

played a game yesterday on prince difficult and well it seems you need more gold anyway. its very expensive especaly when you capure citys from the ai which has hundrets of improvements you cant afford. so this looks like a good idea to me.

one thing i noticed is that the most (not all) ai players have no gold.

I was thinking that mines shouldn't get a production boost until the Dynamite tech. That way lumbermills can compete with them for a while.

sounds nice. maybe the same for trading post. so that they produce only 1 gold undtil you get the marketplace tech

sounds very intresting.

I like the population based bonus. Maybe you can add sth like this for a production building aswell

Maybe a slave-market after bronzeworking. something like +1 production for every 3 people -1 happieness

-----------------------------

something what was going around my mind yesterday...

iron, horses, coal and so on... you gather them you build units but later on when you get better units they are simply useless... you have them and cant do anything with it... so my idea some buildings like this :

steelworks
needs 1 iron, 1 coal to build
+ 20% production bonus

tournament place
needs 1 horse
+ 3 happieness

of course they would come up when you dont need the recources any more...

another point are the farms...

seems to me that a bonus of 1 later 2 food is to low. there the trading post is better with 2 gold and later 2 gold 1 since....

any ideas ? simply pushing it to 2 / 3 wouldnt be the best idea i think.

-----------------------------------------------

anyway i think i will give you my first version today after i worked a little bit on it, so you can test it out.

so here is my first version. have fun with it and tell me what you think

I will test it this Weekend and tell you about my experiences.

Another thing that just crossed my mind was, that it would be nice to have more specialized cities. There already is a lil bit of this in civ 5 with the building that adds +2 gold on gold and silver ressources.

Something like a tax collector for example. He raises taxes and gives a bonus on marketplaces and harbors for example. Or on everthing that gives you gold but...
it has a downside aswell. It costs you happiness. And it should both be significant so you cant do such a building everywhere except when you have like unbelievable amounts of happiness ;)

Can't say I like the maintenance costs for improvements, just encourages even more Trading Post spam to get your food from Maritime City-States instead.

Can't say I like the maintenance costs for improvements, just encourages even more Trading Post spam to get your food from Maritime City-States instead.

atm you are right, but i will change the trading post somehow or make farms a bit better to prevent the "trading post spamming"

Hmmm, I like it. Some of these are pretty similar to some modifications I was experimenting myself. Only thing that doesn't convince me is this:

Market
25% Goldmodifier removed
changed description

Bazaar
25% Goldmodifier removed
changed description

Especially 'cause in the meanwhile, on the other side of the coin you're doing the opposite with food buildings, from a fixed +X food to a +X% (which, on the opposite, is a modification I like a lot).
As it is now, I like that it is much better to specialize in wealth a city which has several gold tiles nearby thanks to the % modifier rather than your population based income growth.
I would bring the market back to its % modifier to further incentivate specializing your cities based on the territory they are exploiting.

Other than that, it looks pretty promising, I'll give it a shot in my next game, kudos for the good work! :goodjob:

to prevent people from post spamming i would encourage them to build farms by adding food requirement as upkeep for units. It is realistic and does few other things like prevents small countries to spam units and reduces your empire growth too much over happiness cap. But i dont know how to calculate from which city take that one food/unit. From closest (that would make another problems) or from city unit have been created.

slaughter house: +2 food per cow.
woollen mill: +3 gold per sheep. economics.
estate: +1 happiness from deer. +10 xp for mounted. chivalry (?)
stock exchange: +3 gold per tiles with iron, oil, aluminium, wheat, coal, gold
blubber factory: +2 gold per whale and fish. navigation. obsolete with electricity?
blast furnace: +5 production per coal and iron. metallurgy. 1 engineer slot.
steel-rolling factory. +25% production. requires 1 iron. 1 engineer slot.
grain elevator: +20% food per wheat(?). steam power or maybe rail road

slaughter house: +2 food per cow.
woollen mill: +3 gold per sheep. economics.
estate: +1 happiness from deer. +10 xp for mounted. chivalry (?)
stock exchange: +3 gold per tiles with iron, oil, aluminium, wheat, coal, gold
blubber factory: +2 gold per whale and fish. navigation. obsolete with electricity?
blast furnace: +5 production per coal and iron. metallurgy. 1 engineer slot.
steel-rolling factory. +25% production. requires 1 iron. 1 engineer slot.
grain elevator: +20% food per wheat(?). steam power or maybe rail road

nice ideas... i like them...

the only thing is... im no artist... so the biggest problem for me are the icons for the buildings

to prevent people from post spamming i would encourage them to build farms by adding food requirement as upkeep for units. It is realistic and does few other things like prevents small countries to spam units and reduces your empire growth too much over happiness cap. But i dont know how to calculate from which city take that one food/unit. From closest (that would make another problems) or from city unit have been created.

or on the reverse side, maybe add some :commerce: to the farm at a certain tech (Civil Service? I don't know, discuss.) most crops are not consumed by the farmer but rather sold for monies. as you progress through techs and farms get more efficient, yields get higher and therefore :commerce: goes up

now this idea is purely to remove the TP spam as nobody likes TP all over their cities

or on the reverse side, maybe add some :commerce: to the farm at a certain tech (Civil Service? I don't know, discuss.) most crops are not consumed by the farmer but rather sold for monies. as you progress through techs and farms get more efficient, yields get higher and therefore :commerce: goes up

now this idea is purely to remove the TP spam as nobody likes TP all over their cities

That could be good if we were able to introduce new building which will convert excess food like all above +3 for whole city input is converted to gold. But the problem would be to determine good value to keep city growing (or maybe any surplus food is converted and player would build this building only in some cities)

Top Bottom