• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Are right-wingers seen as scum?

This coming from the guy who doesn't want to get stopped and searched if he litters in a bad neighbor, though it is statistically proven to lower violent crime rates.
Rather, you seem to have taken a "Godfather" approach... let them die, they are too few to care about, those innocent children shot in drive by shootings.

Was that really necesary? Insinuating Formy wants to see children dead?
That's opening a whole new can of worms! :popcorn:

Was that really necesary? Insinuating Formy wants to see children dead?
You're twisting my words. He didn't say he wants to see them dead. He said they are too few to worry about.
He said it himself. No insinuation necessary.
Here...
As long as they are only shooting each other in small isolated areas where the police are too incompetent or uncaring to stop them, who really cares?

It certainly isn't a reason to give up our basic human rights any more than 9/11 was.

Only, again, they aren't "getting shot on a regular basis". That is just more fearmongering and hyperbole, just like what occurred after 9/11 and the passing of the so-called Patriot Act. "Duh".

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin.
Except, there are town that have nightly shootings... I've lived in more than one, some with populations under 100,000 people...
etc, etc...

Do you equally hate democrats that are against gay marriage?

I'm not happy with them. On the other hand the political machine they support isn't trying to suppress gay rights so I'm less inclined to lose sleep over it.

BTW, I don't actually hate right wingers. I just have an angry posting style :D

People who hate seem to think everybody else do as well.

However, that quite clearly wasn't what Formy was saying. What he is saying, if you cared to read, was that police inability to deal with the problem is no reason to restrict civil rights for something else that has a tenuous link to the crimes the police cannot deal with at best.
While he may not have expressed it the best, I see no statement of his saying he does not care about the dead or that he wants to see children dead.

However, that quite clearly wasn't what Formy was saying. What he is saying, if you cared to read, was that police inability to deal with the problem is no reason to restrict civil rights for something else that has a tenuous link to the crimes the police cannot deal with at best.
While he may not have expressed it the best, I see no statement of his saying he does not care about the dead or that he wants to see children dead.
I disagree. I think the intent was, it's not a big enough issue to warrant further authoritarian action.

Not at all. But many do get driven off by the sheer amount of nastiness flung their way by default. Not many can stomach it.

Are we really that bad ?
(I secretly admire Mobboss as a Lincon log cabin Republican, support of gay marriage cast him as a moderate.)

That is certainly not going to stop the usual people from claiming I did. They seem to think this is "war" where any tactics are justified. This thread is yet another excellent example.

The issue can be altered the following notion: according to political observations it is noted that both the American Democrat Party and the American Republican Party are both of the ecomonic right.

If this thread is to talk of conseratives then one must observe the global scale as oppose to simply the narrow American scale, including the existance of ecomonically left wing conseratives and of ecomonically right wing liberals.

The issue can be altered the following notion: according to political observations it is noted that both the American Democrat Party and the American Republican Party are both of the ecomonic right.

If this thread is to talk of conseratives then one must observe the global scale as oppose to simply the narrow American scale, including the existance of ecomonically left wing conseratives and of ecomonically right wing liberals.
I disagree with the notion that the Dem Party, as a whole, is economically right. There used to be blue dog dems, but they went extinct in 2010...
Obama has spent a lot... under both the dem and repub party.
The repubs pretend to put up a fight, but... the budget (if we can even call it that anymore) tells the real story. Spend spend spend for your interests/constituents/donors.

It's understandable...
I assume either you, or people you care about, or just the cause means a lot to you... and it should.
Bigotry towards gays is ridiculous.

To be honest I'm neither gay, nor closely associated with any gay person. I simply view it as an important and legitimate civil rights issue.

To preempt: I also believe that Churches have the right to refuse to marry gays. I believe they have the absolute right to preach against homosexuality. If, upon victory, we don't allows the dissenters to speak then our whole cause is illegitimate. Now, that said, your right to speak against gays is not a right to have anyone not consider you a kook.

To be honest I'm neither gay, nor closely associated with any gay person. I simply view it as an important and legitimate civil rights issue.

To preempt: I also believe that Churches have the right to refuse to marry gays. I believe they have the absolute right to preach against homosexuality. If, upon victory, we don't allows the dissenters to speak then our whole cause is illegitimate. Now, that said, your right to speak against gays is not a right to have anyone not consider you a kook.
They have the right to... but doesn't make it right.
Jesus taught tolerance and acceptance... Mary Magdelene for example...

They have the right to... but doesn't make it right.
Jesus taught tolerance and acceptance... Mary Magdelene for example...
What does she have to do with it? If you're thinking of the prostitute he saved from being stoned, that wasn't Mary Magdalene. "Mary" was a REALLY common name around there...

Not at all. But many do get driven off by the sheer amount of nastiness flung their way by default. Not many can stomach it.

Just examine this particular thread. Just in a quick read you see that right wingers are:

Rabid.
Uninformed.
Extreme.
Fear-mongerers.
Authortarian.
Scared.
Racists.
Homophobes.
Bigots.
Defenders of scum and villany.
Etc. etc.

I've been insulted so many times i've lost count and left-wingers here have even made hugely insulting and inappropriate comments about my own family.

Right-wingers arent scum, but I think these forums show a lot of truth about the gross intolerance of the left of anything oppositie their own opinion.

That list could be used about some regimes around the world like Iran, which interestingly gets defended by some extreme leftwing nuts on this site.

Top Bottom