Making a list of things that don't work in Rising Tide at launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh ffs.

Started a new game, excited and hoping to get a feel for all the new changes...

Bam. turn 11. Familiar Exotic asking me to build an Alien Preserve in an aquatic capital. Again. Just like since day 1.

So obvious. So easy to fix.

Such a goddamn turn-off. Enough constant disappointment for me: I'm just gonna play some other, better strategy games until this one gets a minimum of polish.

I had the same feeling last night, but it was when I was prompted to build a farm on a titanium deposit.

Omniclast can You update the list, please? I really want to know how much stuff they really fixed, so I know if I should buy the game already.

Current game wants me to research hypercomputers for emancipation victory, but I already have. Game started today (patched game).

Current game wants me to research hypercomputers for emancipation victory, but I already have. Game started today (patched game).

Same issue here. Ended up having to switch to Promised Land to finish the game. I researched both hypercomputers and the Purity gate's tech before I launched the satellite, but only Emancipation victory wouldn't work. So no real idea what could of caused it.

I assume it's not consistently broken or else I figure there would be more posts about it. (since I think most people here go Emancipation if not dom) I'll have to try it again my next game..

My complaint: what's with these geothermal deposits having only 1 unit of the resource? Good Lord, there are so many of them and that sucks. It happened in vanilla with all resources, but it was here and there, not all over the planet. Rich deposits became an exception...

All strategic resource deposits should have a minimum limit of 2, maybe 3, and a maximum of 6, maybe 7. It feels bad to have 3 deposits of 1 geothermal each in my borders, SEVERAL of such poor deposits all over the world and one or two deposits saturated with 8+ resources...

It's not a bug; Geothermal has a lesser yield multiplier compared to the others. That's why the Affinity resources often scale up to 9 / 10 per plot while you'll never ( / rarely) get Geothermal over 5 / 6.

Good news:

Quest bug seems to be fixed! Been getting Affinity quests, both small and large from turns whatever to well over 100 in my first post-patch game.

Omniclast can You update the list, please? I really want to know how much stuff they really fixed, so I know if I should buy the game already.

I have updated the list and as you can see, there is still a lot of work to be done.

The majority of the fixes they implemented were actually not on the list compiled here, only about a handful of the bugs reported by the community have been addressed. Bugs that weren't addressed include several fairly major issues like air/trade units disappearing when aquatic cities move, improvements buildable anywhere and cities receiving local resources from trade routes. I'm not really sure why they would have prioritized fixing Planetary Wonder FX over this kind of thing, perhaps these bugs are harder to fix than we realize.

However I'd speculate based on comparing the change list with the buglist here that the Firaxis devs have either not seen this list or have not prioritized the bugs on it.

I have updated the list and as you can see, there is still a lot of work to be done.

The majority of the fixes they implemented were actually not on the list compiled here, only about a handful of the bugs reported by the community have been addressed. Bugs that weren't addressed include several fairly major issues like air/trade units disappearing when aquatic cities move, improvements buildable anywhere and cities receiving local resources from trade routes. I'm not really sure why they would have prioritized fixing Planetary Wonder FX over this kind of thing, perhaps these bugs are harder to fix than we realize.

However I'd speculate based on comparing the change list with the buglist here that the Firaxis devs have either not seen this list or have not prioritized the bugs on it.

I can confirm the war declaration now.

Spies travelling to cities can't be aborted, even though the "abort" button is visible and clickable. (via ptoss1)

This has been fixed. I could abort travel in my current game. :)

It's not necessarily a matter of priority, it's a matter of what they can get done in the time they have. Multiple people working on multiple things, from art (which are responsible for FX and the like) to graphics programmers (also possibly FX), engine programmers (different kind of programming) to data-level stuff like balance and unit abilities, etc.

Certainly, fixing a broken FX on one Victory improvement (unless there are others I missed) is an order of magnitude easier to fix than anything that requires engine fixes. Or even something hitting the renderer layer itself. And so on, and so forth.

Every bug is always harder to fix than people realise. Moreso when you realise that fixing the symptom doesn't always fix the bug itself.

A couple of notes after one full game with the new patch:

• The abort button in the espionage window now functions correctly.
  • The Just One More Turn... button at game end has now returned to multiplayer sessions.
  • It seems that the multiplayer bug where allied players would both receive their respective war score rewards (after peace were declared) has been fixed (or more likely cut out due to the new spoils system).
  • The hall of fame appears to be broken now... Um, yeah. I tried ending two separate games multiple times (one new game and one from a save file) and nothing seems to be appearing in the HoF. Anyone else experiencing this one or is just me?

Not sure if this is a bug or an intended behavior, but in a recent game, I completed the Lush biome quest to leash aliens with combat units. Then, I went and leashed a Makara and maneuvered it through the middle of my empire to my border. Much later, I noticed that I had a city that should have had a city connection via a road, but the city connection icon was not showing up. A few turns later, with a nearby worker as my active unit, I noticed the "repair improvement" icon showing on my city tile. I moved my worker there and did the repair, which resulted in the city connection being made. I think I must have moved the Makara over the city at some point, and - being a colossal alien - it auto-pillaged the road that is automatically laid under cities when they are founded.

I'm playing a hot seat game and have found that the stations do not display properly after the first turn- the graphic seems to appear normally, but the bar with the name is missing, making it impossible to check the station's name, level and yields except when selecting trade routes.

Additionally, I'm not sure how trade routes are supposed to work after the patch, but the retirements are quirky if not outright bugged. I have not been able to send trade routes from one aquatic city to another or to a coastal city without Aquatic Survey, but I have been able to send one from a coastal city to a water-based station.

Attachments

• 2015-11-04_00001.jpg
    2015-11-04_00001.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 2015-11-04_00002.jpg
    2015-11-04_00002.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 194
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom