Astrological signs are not working since quite a while now.

Somebody613

Deity
This.
It shows that it happens in the city (via a popup circle on the city), but no units actually get anything.
Have seen this many-many times over many different games since months now, it's not a one-time glitch whatsoever.
Something is clearly broken there.

To clarify, you're talking about the original astrological promotions that randomly assign themselves right? I think someone might've disabled them thinking that the new Astrological sign traits from national wonders was intended to replace them (they weren't - they were meant to be a fully compatible system with the other - one is the sign that the nation believes itself to be operating under and the other is a random power granted association from an unusual alignment of the stars that correspond with the moment the unit is trained up and ready for battle. Perhaps those should still only be operational during the ancient, medieval and classical ages but they shouldn't have been disabled as I think they were.

All the stranger that they still announce taking place as well...

Precisely that. I absolutely enjoyed collecting the randomly assigned signs into my squadrons, lol, and now they are literally just trolling me with a disabled function that still "triggers".
Would you mind checking (or finding someone else to check) to fix it - it's both very fun and quite useful, and actually a huge pity to be broken now.

I'll look into it. Probably the code that refuse to set the promotion thinking it is not a valid promotion for the unit, maybe something missing from the astrology promotion xml entries or some code that need a change.

I'll look into it. Probably the code that refuse to set the promotion thinking it is not a valid promotion for the unit, maybe something missing from the astrology promotion xml entries or some code that need a change.
Thanks, hopefully will fix it. It was very fun to collect signs into merged units, lol.

Yeah but if you get a loophole like that it's easily abused so from a game designer perspective where we do care to try to make this a potentially valid game for pvp play still, it's introducing gimpy intentional unfairness to leave it like that. (Well, maybe not 'unfair' but still a larger motivation to micro farm grind which just gets boring if it gets too required to compete.)

Yeah but if you get a loophole like that it's easily abused so from a game designer perspective where we do care to try to make this a potentially valid game for pvp play still, it's introducing gimpy intentional unfairness to leave it like that. (Well, maybe not 'unfair' but still a larger motivation to micro farm grind which just gets boring if it gets too required to compete.)
You are talking to Mistah Cheatar McHackery here, ya know.
I agree with your point, but it doesn't mean that I like it, loool.

Top Bottom