Whens the first civ iii patch coming out?

Big_Time_Charlie

Chieftain
Might be cynical of me to think they rushed out civ iii and will fix the rest later, but any bets as to when the first patch will be released. Havent played it yet of course

From what I hear diplomacy was meant to have been improved. But whats the point of 50 new bartering options when the only reaction from the AI is the same stupidty.

Anyway I reckon a patch will be released in January to fix loads of stuff Ive read about. Anyone laying or opposing this?

I think there will be a patch in late Jan along with the release of Civ3 type 0.2 or whatever that fixes all the technical problems, then there just might be a patch in aroun march\may with multiplayer. Either that or they'll change the colour of the sea, add a multiplayer, call it "Civ3 Gold" and flog it for £60!

It will probebly be a week or so, I think. The only major problems I've had are because I'm running the thing on an old 233 AMD chip. :cry: As for the new bartering system, I've noticed the computer to be much more itteligent than in Civ and Civ II. Diplomacy is greatly improved!

Read the "release party" transcript over at Apolyton.. They interview a bunch of people at Firaxis. They quote in there saying that the first patch is most likely shooting for late november.

I'mm having a blast with Civ 3, even though I'm getting my butt kicked but then it's been years since I've played the original Civ, I'm basically learning it over again anyway. Nothing is that bad that I have to unlearn anything from Civ II and I'm just starting to learn strategies and stuff. Which might be better that those of you who have plays the Civ series from the beginning and you have you preconceived notions of what Civ 3 should be to you. For me, I'm having a blast! I really don't care about MP, I don't have a dedicated phone line nor a fast inet connection anyway.

Jay

Top Bottom