New Unit: Republic Gunship

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
Its finaly here. The Republic Gunship is ready. Hope you enjoy this unit. :egypt:

Edit: New Version

Republic Gunship (v1.00) has been downloaded 54 times

from that pc, it looks like it transports troops as well? is that how it should function? a transport land craft (Treat All Terrain as Roads)?

The Republic Gunship has The "Air Class" enabled. It should be the only air unit you can control (Since It does not have the Immobile Flag Enabled).

Here are the Suggested Stats
Revised

Class: Land
Shield Cost: 10
Moves: 6
Attack Str:30
Defense str: 25
Bombard Str: 30
Bombard Range:2-4
Rate of Fire:4
Trans Capacity:5-7
Prerq Resources: Urainium(Possibly has a Nuclear Engine), Alummunium
Abilities: Treats All land as Roads, Blitz, Radar, Transports Only Foot Units, Ranged Attack Animation, Leathal Land Bombardment(For CivIII v1.21) Starts Golden Age(If you want to have it a civ specific unit)
Prerq: Smart Weapons
AI Stategies: Offensive
Standard Orders: All
Specal Actions: Unload, Bombard, Airdrop
Advalible to Civ: All (Unless you are planing to use it and not let the Computer use it against you) ;)

It should work ^([{<\/>}])^ . Did you made sure you instaled Both the Republic Gunship files and sounds properly?
Did you copy the Republic Gunship folder into your ...art/units directory? Did you add a new unit in the hacked civ3edit and named it "Republic Gunship"? Did you made sure you copy the unit icon into your Units_32.pcx (assuming you have PSP) or copy over the existing Units_32.pcx (Assuming you have backed up your original.)

There are a couple of "bugs" that I wanted to point out (the unit works perfectly with the exception of these two things:)).

First bug:
I noticed in at least one of the attack directions that there are graphical glitches where portions of a frame remain throughout the next few frames. This isn't your fault though:) - it's a bug with FLICster and it occurs when pixels are too close to the edge of the frame. It's easy to fix, though. Just export your .flc and erase the parts that shouldn't be there, and make sure you don't have any pixels less than three spaces from the border of any of the frames.

Note: See the southward attackB animation to see an example of this glitch. I don't know wether or not it happens with any other parts of the unit, but test it just to make sure.

Another bug (even easier to fix):
The run sound plays more than once for each time you move the unit (making it sound loud and out of timing with the animation). Technically, it plays each time the animation plays, and the animation is shorter than the amount of time it takes for the unit to move (hence, the animation plays again and the sound plays again, accordingly). Simple solution: Since the run animation has 5 frames, just export the .flc with 10 frames and copy/paste the whole entire first half into the second half. That gives it enough frames to ensure that the animation (and the sound, accordingly) only plays once. This way, you don't need to lower the frame rate (if you did that, it would be bad quality).

P.S. If you're confused and/or want me to fix it for you, I will. But I won't do anything to the unit without your permission.:)

P.S. If you're confused and/or want me to fix it for you, I will. But I won't do anything to the unit without your permission. -TedG

You can go ahead making the fix on the Republic Gunship TedG :)

Thanks for "Steping" on the bugs :D TedG. Now I can Replace the existing file with this "Republic Gunship v1.01. :D

Is it OK if I use this unit for the Star Wars mod?

Thanks.

P.S. What unit are you gonna do next?

Is it OK if I use this unit for the Star Wars mod?

Thanks.

Certanly :D, It would be great to see my units in the Star Wars mod. You can also use the Dark Trooper in the Star wars mod

P.S. What unit are you gonna do next?

I was thinking of doing thoes Anti-Aircraft Troopers from SW:GB. It would be perfict for a star wars mod and a Civilization going against a Rival with a stronger Air force.

Thanks.:)

Is someone gonna do a clone trooper?

Originally posted by CivGeneral
Certanly :D, It would be great to see my units in the Star Wars mod. You can also use the Dark Trooper in the Star wars mod

About the Dark Trooper: I'm not sure what it actually is. What civ is it for and what does it do? How does it fit in with the other SW units?

Thanks in advance for answering my (probably stupid) questions.:)

Just a Star Wars nut passing through. Heres a little info blurb about Dark Troopers from the game Star Wars Rebellion:

"Dark troopers have been a closely guarded secret by the Empire. They are a group of elite stormtroopers that have received a form of limited Force control training making them far deadlier than the average stormtrooper. Enhanced exo-armor and weaponry make the dark troopers a fearsome force."

Great units CivGeneral, can't wait to see what you come up with next. :goodjob:

Top Bottom