naming proposals of citizens

disorganizer

Deity
The naming of cities is done after the COC.
The naming of landmarks is done by the governors.

But what if they dont know what to choose?

Thats why i opened this thread. Every citizen can post his naming proposals in here. The people naming something can then decide to look in here if they like when a naming is due.

city names:

n/a (for the capitol)
Ankh-Morpork (any city on a river)
Dunmanifestin (any city surrounded by mountains)
Ramtops (Huge Mountain Range)
Lancre

btw, about nameing my province, I was after some feedback.
I have been refering to it as:
As-yet-un-named-province-one.
Which got really annoying, so I shortened it to
A.y.u.n.p.o.
But I accidentally mistyped it almost every time as
Asyupo
And I thought, hey, that doesn't sound half bad...

Is Asyupo a good name for a province, or am I being silly?

Can we call the forests 'The Doughnut Forests?' I'm serious about that. We can say in our histories that we began on the edges of the Forest Doughnut...

BTW: My 1000th post [party]

I would second this. We have a history of partly funny names ;-) [no, in fact im lying on this one! But we should have it]

i support asyupo as the capital province name. after all, there is a tradition behind it now!

neutral leader is a good, responsible provincial governor

Since we have the Province One naming issue out of the way, and the forest is firmly producing doughnuts, let's push on.

There is a body of water north of Bavaria. Any suggestions? We know there is a (potentially large) bay. Shall we call this the "Expansion Bay" in honor of our brave settlers?

I would propose "Revolution Bay" (in fact sunshine bay would be nice, but i think not appropriate ;-)

Or "Pacifist Bay", Or "Forefathers Haven" (in resemblence to our forefathers who obviously came out of the sea, since we have enemies all around us on land.

Ok, Pacifist Bay is where I put my foot down. Hawks, rally around me and put down this peaceful threat to our militaristic way of life! Let us take up arms against this menace and prevent this name from reaching fruition! On second thought, to avoid a civil war, never mind..... but to counter, i propose Naval Bay and the Galley Sea.

Well, I am against Pacifist Bay (although if our next town is Pummeled-Into-The-Sea, we can talk). And Naval Bay and Galley Sea are both premature by a millenia or two.

If Expansion Bay doesn't cut it. How about Warrior Bay? Or even the Great Northern Sea?

I like Great Northern Sea. By my guess, the water north of us is gonna be pretty big.... either a huge inland sea, or else a massive bay or sea connecting us to the outside world. But perhaps naming the water is premature as we don't know how big it is or whether its a bay, sea, or even a major world ocean. Maybe we should go back to suggestions for cities? And any of the Germans can back me up on this: even with a winning vote, we never did get Salamanca renamed to Friedenburg.... so I'll second that suggestion. And so ends the daily rant.

Originally posted by Grandmaster
Ok, Pacifist Bay is where I put my foot down. Hawks, rally around me and put down this peaceful threat to our militaristic way of life! Let us take up arms against this menace and prevent this name from reaching fruition!

True, our civ trait is militaristic, but this is not an ordinary human vs. AI single-player game. Real people are involved in making decisions here. I suggest we give some more thought as to how we want to play the demogame.

er, I won't go for Pacifist Bay either.

Top Bottom