Domestic Department Proposal for Sept 3 Turns

chiefpaco

Emperor
I'm trying to come up with some sort of consensus on what we should do on the next turn chat and the discussion has been quite scattered and perhaps hasty and based on a lot of speculation. Here is my proposal and we can put it to a vote, I hope.

Turn 0
Worker/Settler
1. Refer to the Should we settle here? poll. If it supports the opening spot, settle there. If not...

1a. Move the worker 1 space. The direction may require debate, but I think we are as good off in any direction. North seems as good as any.

1b. Based on the view, determine the best location for the settler. I have heard a bit, but perhaps not much support for more exploration to be done. If you support this, please speak up. I propose the city be placed this Turn Chat simply to get the game moving. Alternatively, we could stop again and hold another vote. Or, we could pause each turn to bring everyone in the loop. However, if it takes 5 turns to explore, that could be 5 turn chats of successive screen shots. I feel the best way to deal with this is to (unfortunately) let the TC group make a call.

Science Rate
We'll need to make a surplus of gold. It is too difficult for me to ask what a suitable science rate is without turns-left specifics or knowing what we are researching. I guess all I could specify is get the lowest amount of research to accomplish the tech in the same # of turns.

I'd like everyone's views, if possible. Even if you agree so the best consensus can be made.

Originally posted by donsig
The worker should move onto the mountain so we can see more.

I agree.

I think it's 2 tiles in each direction on a mountain.

I agree with eyrei and Donsig as far as the worker going up on the mountain to the SE. We should take a look to see what's out there.

The two people we need a leadership opinion from are holding back here. Chieftess and chiefpaco need to tell us what they want, how they feel. Thjat's why we elected them. I am very glad they they both respect the opinions of the citizens, but they are the two Leaders who carry the most weight here. Give us a firm statement. I thought cp was leaning on goin North, but know I'm not sure.

I agree with your sci/rate proposal.

At this level, I feel we should settle immediately, and start the worker on the game with forest. Moving 1 north takes a risk at being less productive terrain in the long run. It looks like lots of grasslands to the west and northwest, something I don't feel comfortable with in an emperor game. Also, if that resource turns out to be a food bonus (making grasslands an odd number food output), there's a chance for starvation far into the city's life. At best, we can build the 2nd city (in a tight-build fashion) there.

I apologize and will try to better plan next time. However, it's been real tough, since there's been every opinion from "we should just move the worker once and see" to "settle where we are and get going". And there are a dozen varieties on each move possible.

The poll and the thread has shown overwhelming support for settling in the opening spot. I see no reason to not settle there and will put that in the chat instructions. Game on!

Top Bottom