New Unit: Jeep

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
I did this at the request of Kal-el. The jeep model I got online and modified slightly. The people I created in Poser and then I put the whole thing together in Moray.

Here's the link:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/Jeep.zip

And a preview:

Attachments

• jeep_preview.gif
    jeep_preview.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 5,404
What, exatly, does this jeep do? Just a recon, or does it have weapons?

Yay! Yeah, do the guys stand up and shoot stuff?

Any chance you can make a Technical, those pickup trucks with the guns mounted in th bed from Blackhawk Down???

:goodjob:

The passenger does stand up and fire a pistol off for the attack... Gee everytime I release a unit you people try to give me more work :) A Kubelwagon might be an option... Actually this one went a lot faster than I though it was going to, mostly because of the jeep model being done by someone else and requiring little modification... Plus I did the people in Poser which is just perfect for that. I'm thinking of looking for other models online and seeing what I can do with them. But first I have a rather large dragon project ahead of me.

Great work as always kinboat. :) (note the restraint in not asking for another unit) :D

Very nice! The jeep is a very usefull vehicle for warfare and because of its cheap design could be produced in vast numbers. If you want to use it in a normal game have it as a kind of light mobile infantry (Ive done a heavy mobile infantry- Some guys in a truck I belive the americans called it a deuce and a half) In modern war railroads make travel in your own lines very easy but as you cant use enemy improvements untill you have captured them, getting infanty reinforcements towhere they are needed can be dificult. Give it a moderate Attack and defence value (enough to put up a token defence) perhaps 4/6 and a movement value of either 1 with all terrain as roads or 3 (If you give it a move that is too high and make it too cheap you will spend all your time watching the A.I sending hordes of the things in to your territory in suicide dashes in atempts to pilage all your improvements/resources- this is not a realistic use of jeeps, so I recomend making it a adequate combat unit with a relativly high speed but no so high that they take up the whole game).

Great Job Kinboat So your not retireng completely eh?

Sure anyone can use the units I make, as long as they give credit. I've already been invited into the US Military Team and declined so no thank you.

Well I've done the Adventurer unit and I'm just now finishing up a Bard for Kal-el... After that I have some ideas but I won't be revealing them just yet :)

Yes ... the Jeep look pretty cool ! :)

But the german "Opel Kübelwagen" would be a nice
scout for the germans ...

But this one could be too, a nice scout off
the germans. The "Doppelsitz Motorad" :D :crazyeye:

Attachments

• germanmotorad.jpg
    germanmotorad.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 3,134
Originally posted by DaRealStinger
Yes ... the Jeep look pretty cool ! :)

But the german "Opel Kübelwagen" would be a nice
scout for the germans ...

But this one could be too, a nice scout off
the germans. The "Doppelsitz Motorad" :D :crazyeye:

Uhm, DaRealSinger... this unit already exists !!! The Motorbike with the sidecar I mean... made by Nonnob with courtesy of Kinboat... it wears the TRT "sticker" and is available for the entire civ3 community...

you can find it on CDG- PM me if you need the link...

Top Bottom