How to expand?

How shall we play this era?

• Let's build cities, quickly and a bit packed

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Let's build cities, the main ones, and so expand

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Let's guard cities founded on the shore of our enemies.

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Let's guard when we get around to it. Build the city first.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I favor interior cities. They are safe, and connect our empire

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I prefer building Roads to cities

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I prefer building Diplomats to cities

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let's research Map Making, and contact the AI

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • There is another way to look at this. See my post.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryNemo

Settler from None
Here are a couple general policy questions. Please post and/or vote as you wish. This poll will remain open for 4 days.

Basically for now I would like to focus on filling our current continent which can be a bit squashed and when we are running out of room we should have map making and be starting to colonise the other islands.

I prefer to fill our own continent first too.
Another thing I would like to see is an army that can conquer cities, I've got this feeling the vikings can colonize our continent sooner or later as they have mapmaking and they are very near.

:queen:

I'd like to build cities quickly and get them guarded ASAP. However, I would also like us to get a foothold on some of our surrounding islands (perhaps to East of Marl Downs). I also want to explore, explore, explore!!

Now that the Vikings have made contact, it's clear that we have our hands full with our own continent. Priority One is to boot them off the island :mad: . But since it's no mystery where the Vikings and Indians are, it's not too early to begin a plan of attack for going offshore.

To support our military requirements, we must found many more cities ASAP, and build roads and trade routes. The cities can be a bit packed, to make the most of the land.

Founding a sufficiently fortified city on the shores of our enemies is an effective way to divert their attention away from our continent.

We should fill up our continent asap. We must prevent any rivals from placing cities on the island, so we can protect ourselves.

A tighter packing may also be called for in this situation.

I would like to see colonisation of other islands from the soutern end of the continent so we can get on with exploring an bag the prime city sites, while the northern end of the continent builds units for invasion of viking cites.
:ar15: :viking:

Rout - I totally agree as well. Soon, we must prioritize Map Science. Yet, our Royal Science Advisor has explained clearly what we must do to get Cop's in Elysium. Get that Science, and [I believe] build 6 Caravans.

The results of this poll are interestingly mixed... The only clear thing is, Let's guard cities founded on the shore of our enemies. And quite a few people prefer building Roads to Cities. They mean, I assume, in a few cases, and we are building Roads, and will build more.

Related questions, posed in Turn 525BC: Found F3 on Forest? Build which roads before Found F4 on Forest? What we need is a new, more precise City Plan for Chryshe Province. This will probably need to wait until the Viking Cancer is expunged.

I completely agree we should use new settlers to found new cities, especially to the north! However I do think that the land around RC and Elysium should be developed. RC can grow rather quick if we irrigate one or two roaded and shielded plains. I'd also like Elysium to gain some population. These two cities really are the science producers and more citizens means more science! :)

Top Bottom