Screenshot of the Day #44: Yellow Roman Warrior

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
We all know Romans are red in Civ3. What could have produced a yellow Roman warrior? :crazyeye:

I was playing as the Romans, a game like any other else, with unmodded rules. My domestic advisor told me that Cumae had produced a warrior. Nothing strange at first but...look at the colour of the warrior!! it is yellow! Cumae just produced a Zulu warrior?? :D. Not really, the warrior was red as it should, but still, curious colour bug.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd44.jpg

Thanks to Evincar for the screenshot.

Its really not that unual, happens alot when I play.

deleted

Sometimes i just no when to stop with modding. Did anyone here notice that most of SOTDs are the side effects of modding.

Actually even in my un modded 1.29 games this happens a lot, I play as the iroqious (purple) and I make blue and red and yellow infantry all the time, it doesn't make the actual unit that colour or something

yeah it allso happen to me all the time, usually I notice it when they got the color when my civ is something else

It happens to me when I use espionage on the opponent. My units use their colour then when they are first made:confused: :confused:

This is pretty normal. Probably some bug of Fraxis's

It has happened a lot to me too.

Funny thing is that when it happens I look at the screen and wonder: Why is the color different? Than I conclude: it must have always been like this i just didn't notice. So only know i realised it's a bug. lol.

Happens CONSTANTLY to me. Even my Unique Units are different colors sometimes. :ack:

It happens all the time. What is weird on my computer is sometimes when I play civ 3 all game units flash their proper colour and another colour ALL THE TIME. It is v. annoying as I can never tell which units are mine. Restarting my CPU fixes this though. (And all that was before I started modding)

Well, seems like I'm a bit blind, I'd swear it is the first time I ever see it. Not very important bug, though.

Originally posted by Thunderfall
We all know Romans are red in Civ3. What could have produced a yellow Roman warrior? Genetic mutation? Interracial marriage? :crazyeye:

I must say, as a person who is the result of an interracial marriage, I take some insult to being implicitly reffered to the equivalent of a 'genetic mutation'.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my genetic heritage. If you or anybody here has a problem with the fact that my skin color doesn't fit into your norms, then hang out with your own kind. I don't care, it's not my problem. But I'm sure I don't need to read about it here.

If that's a problem, ban me now and you'd better make it permanent.

EDIT: It was not meant as a racist remark. Sorry if you are offended by it. I have removed it from the first post. -- TF

When i use unmodded civ3mod.bic all units in the build queue are yellow all the time. If it hadn't been for that I'd have assumed the guy thinks himself the Chinese Emperor ;)

I think it was Firaxis cutting corners. They probably saved time by not making the unit color in the build box the same as your team. Cheap. ;)

CG

It is a common occurance with me as well, most of the time though it ends up white like the barbarians, I think i have a few coups i should be paying more attention to

Originally posted by cgannon64
I think it was Firaxis cutting corners. They probably saved time by not making the unit color in the build box the same as your team. Cheap. ;)

CG

No it is a bug, as most everyone else noted here. About 70% of the time, the unit colors I see here are my own in all screens, but sometimes the unit color changes in certain windows.

You will see this happen in the domestic advisor screen as well and might even happen in the production queue (not sure about that last one). Once the problem starts happening I even see it randomly rotating through colors of Civs that still exist in the current game I'm playing.

This never affects the actual unit colors on the map, only in informational screens.

Top Bottom