LK33 - Regent Challenge, Batters Cage, Unlimited players

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
NOTE: All games must be save with the format NAME-YEAR.sav.
IE: LKENDTER-4000BC.sav

I reserve the to not rank players clearly above Regent (such as the RBE crew).

>>>>>Don't read the thread until after playing your turn.<<<<<

See the thread: LK33 - Regent Challenge, Managers Cage for the current turn.

I have my 20 complete Lee want them now? Any time before Tuesday I presume. Have a quick dotmap to.

Hotrod

Post the game now if you want, but any time before Tuesday is fine.

Played mine so might as well post, will only detail turns where something happened.

4000BC: settler crosses river to be on coast
worker crosses river to bonus grassland

3950BC: Rome foundered and starts warrior
researching bronze working

3700BC: warrior built and starts another
warrior heads west

3550BC: warrior pops goody hut gets pottery

3500BC: warrior built and fortifies in Rome
start granary

3150BC: warrior pops goody hut and gets ceremonial burial

3100BC: discover bronze working and starts iron working

3050BC: meet Joan and trade warrior code and pottery for masonary and 3gp

soory forgot u cant attach with quick replys, heres the save

LK 33 Hotrod's Turns from 4000 BC to 3000 Bc

4000 BC (0): Nice Start, move settler to the coast on the river and coast will allow GL or Collossus as options.

3950 BC (1): Found Rome no northern wines, happy early :). Start Research on pottery first, building first warrior.

3900 Bc (2) - 3750 BC (5): zzzz

3700 BC (6): mines complete start roads. zzz

3650 BC (7): zzzz

3600 BC (8): warrior completes start settler.

3550 BC (9): zzzz

3500 BC (10): Hut to the west, lotsa jungle to the south and east. Pottery next turn.

3450 BC (11): Learn pottery start bronz working. due in 11 at 100%.

3400 BC (12): Pop hut and get 25 gold :). No tech but at least it wasn't barbs or maps.

3350 BC (13): more exploring.

3300 BC (14): ditto. MM Rome settler and growth in 6.

3250 BC (15): more of the same

3200 BC (16): see above

3150 BC (17): it continues....

3100 BC (18): zzz

3050 BC (19): road completes, more exploring to the south.

3000 BC (20): Settler next turn. Recommend to the Western Coast for city 2. An early barracks and some vet spears. Possibly start a granary in Rome next or a quick warrior for some protection against barbs and then a granary.

Hotrod LK33 3000BC

I was wondering- wouldn't it be a good idea to put the game's name on the save file as well? If every SG used the name-year.zip format, we'd all have to give up after one game or delete all our old saves!

-Griselda

@Griselda - Your idea makes sense
LK33-LKENDTER-3000BC.zip is the prefered format.

This looks like fun. :) I hope I'm not overcommitting myself by jumping in this one; I guess I'll see!

One question, because it's better to bring this stuff up before it becomes an issue. Are you going to be choosing the game that is in the best overall shape after a round, or the game that you feel was played the best in the round? That is, sometimes the RNG might throw a few curve balls, and if it does, do you choose the lucky or the good?

Also, I assume we're to make a good faith effort to avoid taking advantage of spoilers from others' previous rounds? (perhaps it goes without saying, but might as well mention it).

(0) 4000 BC
- I'm looking for a good place to put Rome, and I think that the tile 1 NW of the start looks good. Reason- it's on the coast, but has fresh water and still plenty of grassland tiles (after some worker improvement, of course). I also believe that the grapes won't be wasted if the city if founded on top of them. Before I move my settler, I move the worker 1W. This is the first tile I will improve, but I might as well use it to get a peek before moving the settler. Still looks good, so settler moves 1 NW.

(1) 3950 BC
- Rome founded, wines are hooked up automatically. Start warrior.
- Research pottery for granary- 12 turns @ 100%.
- Worker mines bg.

(2) 3900 BC ...
(3) 3850 BC ...
(4) 3800 BC ...
(5) 3750 BC

Between turns- Rome completes warrior and starts another.

(6) 3700 BC
- Warrior moves S1.

(7) 3650 BC
- Worker finishes mine, starts road.
- Warrior SE1 to mountain, sees hut.

(8) 3600 BC
- War W1.

(9) 3550 BC
- War W1 to hut. The Gauls teach us ceremonial burial.

Between turns- Rome completes warrior. It will grow to 2 in 1, and 3 in 11, but would build a settler in 10. Start a temple prebuild for granary.

(10) 3500 BC
- Second warrior head E.
- Worker E1 to wines.
- West war SW1 to mountain.
- Science to 70%, pottery in 3.

Between turns- Rome grows, and expands.

(11) 3450 BC
- I think about mining wines, building a road, and then heading to bg, or just building road on the way to work bg tile. I decide to mine wines, then road, then move to bg, probably :smoke:
- W War 1S, explore river area.

(12) 3400 BC
- W War 1S.
- E War 1SE.
- Science to 50%, pottery in 1.

Between turns- pottery learned, start bronze working. I don't know how far away other AIs are, but I'd like to get iron working quickly with Romans, and I don't know when or if I could trade for bronze.
(13) 3350 BC
- E War 1S.
- W war 1S, sees lake, wheat.
- Science to 100%, bronze in 15.
- Rome swaps to granary.

BT- See Greece conscript.

(14) 3300 BC
- Contact Greece. Alex is cautious. Too bad I've already put a turn into bronze working. :( Alex has bronze working, but not pottery, ceremonial burial, or warrior code. He would only trade bronze for pottery and c. burial, which is too much, IMO, so I don't trade.
- W War 1E.
- E War 1S.

(15) 3250 BC
- W War 1E.
- E War 1E.
- Greece now has War code. If I'd traded him last turn, he'd now be even, but as of now, I have 2 techs to his one.

(16) 3200 BC
- E War 1S.
- W War 1W, kinda behind Greece war.

(17) 3150 BC
- W War 1W.
- E War 1S.
- Worker completes mine on wines and starts road. Rome's laborer to wine tile.

(18) 3100 BC
- W War 1W.
- E War 1S- sees many bg tiles and the coast turning southward.

(19) 3050 BC
- W War 1W, sees third river.
- E War 1S, sees cow.
- Science to 50%, bronze in 5.

(20) 3000 BC
- Worker to bg (finally!). I can see I already have bad habits from an industrious civ in my last game!
- W War 1W, E War 1W.

State of the Empire-
- Rome is size 2, and will grow in 1. Granary in 6, Bronze working in 4. 15 gold +1 per turn. There's some decent land in the outer edge of explored territory. The closer in land will be nice too, but will take some clearing. The site by the gold on the river looks nice, and Greece might be that direction. That would also set us up nicely for the wheat next. I don't know what's to the NW.

LK33-Griselda-3000BC

Originally posted by Griselda
This looks like fun. :) I hope I'm not overcommitting myself by jumping in this one; I guess I'll see!

One question, because it's better to bring this stuff up before it becomes an issue. Are you going to be choosing the game that is in the best overall shape after a round, or the game that you feel was played the best in the round? That is, sometimes the RNG might throw a few curve balls, and if it does, do you choose the lucky or the good?

Also, I assume we're to make a good faith effort to avoid taking advantage of spoilers from others' previous rounds? (perhaps it goes without saying, but might as well mention it).

For the most part I will be choosing best turn on skill.
If I read trading 3 techs to civ for $1, you will not be the winner of the round.

Luck may play a part in the decision - If one person pulls a bonus settler before 3000BC and there game is close to best, I would choose their turn.

YES - don't read this turn until after you play your move.

4000 BC (1)
Move worker west, settler one northwest. This will put the capital on the coast and allow one more city on the east end of the lake (even though there is jusngel there). Fresh water is so important to rapid growth.

3950 BC (2)
Rome is founded and the move looks even better. One more BG in range of the city. Wines are hooked up automatically, allowing us to go for a farmers gambit if we don't have too aggressive nieghbors. Pottery is set with 90% in 12 turns. Worker begins road. Warrior due in five.

3900 BC (3)
Workers second turn on road.

3850 BC (4)
Worker last turn roading

3800 BC (5)
Road finished, start mining. Income from road drops Pottery from 8 turns to 6 turns. Begin mining.

3750 BC (6)
More mining.
(I) Warrior completes, start second Warrior.

3700 BC (7)
Warrior moves two tiles down the road and spots goodie hut. Mining continues.

3650 BC (8)
Warrior pops goodie hut for 25g. Mining is still under way.

3600 BC (9)
Warrior moves on top of mountain and sees lots of jungle and forest. For a non-industrious civ, we are going to need a lot of workers.

3550 BC (10)
Warrior moves towards hills to the west to get a look at the coast. Worker still at it.

3500 BC (11)
Mine finished. Worker move to grapes, with eye on building raod to BG in the west.
(I) Pottery finished, begin bronze working. Due in 11 at 100%. Finish warrior and start settler, due in ten. I am working the grapes and not the second BG as this gives grwoth and settler at the same time. It also gives us one more gpt income which drops BW from 12 turns to 11.

3450 BC (12)
First warrior moves along hills and finds a nice open area with a wheat in it. Hopefully there will be some fresh water near by. The second warrior move to the east. The worker begins roading the wines.

3400 BC (13)
First warrior moves into the grasslnads to explore wheat site. Spots hills behind the wheat and what could be either a river or coast to the north. The second warrior moves on top of the mountain, revealing more jungle and a hint of coast to the east. Worker still roading.

3350 BC (14)
First warrior move to the north, and discovers that it is not a river near the wheat site but coast. He also spots another goodie hut. The second warrior move east towards a hill in the jungle. The worker roads still.

3300 BC (15)
First warrior moves towards goodie hut uncovering more coast and finds furs near the wheat! The second warrior moves onto the hill and we have yet more jungle. Worker moves to second BG.

3250 BC (16)
The goodie hut is popped to give three angery barbs. The second warrior moves along hills in jungle. Worker begins roading.
(I) Hut was on hill so the first warrior has a little help from the terrian. The first barb attacks and takes off one hp but the warrior promotes to vet. The second Barb attacks and takes off one hp. The third barb attaks, take ours down to 1 hp but then he promotes to elite!. He will rest a couple of turns to get back up to strength.
3200 BC (17)
The first warrior fortifies to build back up but he notices that the grasslands turn quickly into desert. The second warrior is hill hoping but finding only jungle.

3150 BC (18)
The first warrior is still resting. The second comes ot of the jungle into grassland.

3100 BC (19)
Worker finishes road and starts mine. Warrior finds lots of open space to the south eat and a hint of a cow.

3050 BC (20)
First warrior healed and heads for hills on the other side of the furs.

3000 BC (21)
First warrior spots more furs and some plains to the west. Second warrior spots another coast.

State of Affairs:
Several good sites for more cities found.
Settler due this interturn.
Bronze Working due in 2 turns.

LK33 Meldor 3000 BC Saved Game

Turn One: Move worker one tile south to see if there is better land for Rome, there isn't so I Move settler north to get a costal tile and allow a future city to use that lake also.
Turn Two: Move worker to irrigate that wine. Start warrior for scouting in 10. Start pottery in 16.
Turn Three: Nothing
Turn Four: Nothing
Turn Five: Nothing
Turn Six: Start road
Turn Seven: Nothing
Turn Eight: Nothing
Turn Nine: Nothing
Turn Ten: Move worker NE
Turn Eleven: Irrigate
Turn Twelve: Warrior scouts SW
Turn Thirteen: Scouting
Turn Forteen: Warrior pops barbs
Turn Fifteen: Warroir actuall wins!! Now elite. Fortify
Turn Sixteen: Warrior finished sent scouting. One more ordered
Turn Seventeen: More scouting Bronze at 100%
Turn Eighteen: Worker moved onto bonus grass.
Turn Nineteen: Mine started. Scouting
Turn Twenty : Scouting

Rome size three warrior in one, start settler (or granery) next. Irrigated two of the wines because we are surrounded by jungle and need a city that can pump the settlers out one after another.
Kept pottery at 50 to build our bank.(Could slow us down, but we can get it back with trade. I'm not sure it's the first time I tried this.)

This is the first time I tried to post a save game so it may be messed up.

@GrandMasta Nick
The format I actually wanted was
lk33-GrandMastaNick-3000bc.zip

It is OK for this turn, but use the above format in the future.

Lee

I'll give this a try, sounds like fun!

4000BC - Cool, lots of vino Rome founded on starting loc. Vino starts to pour, citizens are very happy :) worker sent to bonus grassland to east of city. Our scientists start to research the bronze working. Tech at 50%.
3950BC - Let the mining commence
3900BC - impatiently waiting (IW). Upped Tech to 100% (nothing else to do)
3850BC - IW
3750BC - First warrior ready to scount the world. Sent 1 Tile W. second warrior build started.
3700BC - Warrior moved 1 tile W...looks like a goody hut nearby. Will decide what to do with it shortly.
3650BC - warrior moved 1 tile sw...still looking at goody hut, but waiting for reinforcements to arrive at rome. (I've learned the hard way that picking a goody hut with only one warrier and the capitol undefended is NOT a good idea). We have our first mine, and now working on our first road
3600BC - warrior moved up to hilltop 1 tile s...surveying the area. There's gold in them there hills.
3550BC - reinforcements arrive in rome, and yet another warrior unit is started. Time to pillage the goody hut. We get a friendly Settler! :) Holy cow...very rare in my experience, but we'll take it. sent the settler towards the coast 2 tiles NW of good hut location. Sent another warrior towards the hills to the south to scout the area. I decided not to settle in the jungle at this time, hoping for a coastal city wiht some better land...maybe right or may be wrong...time will tell
3500BC - we have culture in Rome , and a road. worker moved to road the nearby vino tile. Sent warrior along to follow the new settler to the coast.
3450BC - Veii Founded along coast. second worker unit started in Veii. road the second vino
3400BC - Rome gets a third warrior, now working on a new settler. sent new warrior scouting to the SW...no signs of barbs yet :) warrior scouting south just find more jungle...what a crappy starting location :( Warrior from Veii starts to scount to the west...we need to find better land :) We're also still alone in the universe...no signs of life anywhere yet :(
3350BC - IW (warriors scouting)
3300BC - W warrior finds a goody hut, will beeline for it hoping for, well, a goody :) we've roaded the second vino, time to mine the bonus grassland to the w of rome. other 2 warriors still scouting s and sw. nothing much yet...lots of jungle
3250BC - Mining the bonus grassland. S warrior still not finding anything. W warrior finds a good set of furs! :)
3200BC - we learn bronze working, and start on the real stuff...iron working. w warrior closing in on goody hut. s warrior not finding much, but nice grasslands to the S. No other civs yet!!
3150BC - Get 25 gold from the goody hut yee-haw! :) scouts still not finding much of great interest...
3100BC - learning more of the lay of the land...looks like good room to expand...no-one nearby yet (and no other civ scouts seen!! - very strange)
3050BC - more scouting...and more vino to the south. desert to the NW.
3000BC - Rome makes a settler, starts on spearman (we need SOME defense, after all) :) Settler sent to W to begin a new city near the furs. ANOTHER goody hut to the S...but will have to wait (impatiently) til next week to see what's in it

Still have 39G, +0/turn, Iron Working 20 turns away.

that's all for now folks will be fun to see what differences you all do...

Wow, its been a long time since I have been in a SG game. Nice to see that you are still here LKendter :D

4000 BC: Somewhat of an interesting choice here, on a random map, but I finally decide to not build on the wine we are on, instead moving onto the jungle to the southwest, keeping all 4 wines open for bonus food, leading to rapid growth. I wish I had another free unit here, to move onto the mountain first, would have made things a little easier. Next, I hit f6, and select ceremonial burial. Won't start researching it until next turn, but if you wait for the science advisor to ask you what you want, you have wasted your first turn of research. The worker begins irrigating the wine square he is in, with all this food around we have a nice settler producing city here.

3950 BC: Rome founded, auto clearing the jungle. A goody hut is spotted just to the west, the coast is more noticable to the north, and it looks like a fairly decent size jungle to the south. Warrior started in Rome, using the bonus grassland square to finish the warrior in 5 turns. Science raised to 100%, Ceremonial Burial in 12 turns.

3900-3800BC: Worker finishes irrigaion, begins a road.

3800-3700 BC: Rome finishes warrior, begins a settler. The warrior begins to move west. I am not sure how many civs we are playing against, but I see the coast to the north, and we are on the eastern half of the world, so I am going to take a chance and say that if there is room with the random land masses, we can expand to the east at our leisure, and we need to concentrate on exploring to the west and the south to get the best lands before the AI does.

3650 BC: The worker finishes the road, brining wines to Rome. Heads to the bonus grassland to mine it. The warrior enters into the hut, and gets 25 gold for his trouble.

3600 BC: The worker begins mining, the warrior steps up onto the mountain, and sees jungle to the west.

3550 BC: The warrior continues heading west, going for the hills he saw on the mountain.

3500 BC: The hill reveals more hills and jungle.

3450 BC: Romes borders expand as the population increases to size 2. Size 3 in 7 turns, settler in 10.

3400 BC: Science dropped to 30%, Still get ceremonial burial next turn. Warrior is having no luck, more jungle and hills to the west.

3350 BC: Warrior spots a goody hut in the jungle. Ceremonial Burial learned, Pottery research began, 8 turns at 100% science.

3300 BC: Worker finishes mine, begins road. Rome grows in 4 turns, settler done in 5 turns. The goody hut reveals the Illuryian tribe that teach us mysticism. And fron his new advanced position, the warrior spots a pink border.

3250-3200 BC: The pink border is Joanie!! I don't think that I have ever had the french declare a war on me, so it does give us a nice buffer to the west against any more aggressive civilizations. The french offer masonry for warrior code and ceremonial burial, I decline for now.

3150 BC: The warrior begins heading south of france, and the worker moves onto a wine to irrigate it.

3100 BC: Rome finishes the settler, begins a warrior. The settler begins heading to the west, I was planning on settling the jungle square on the coast to the northwest of the bonus grassland square.

3050 BC: The warrior encounters an English scout south of Paris.

3000 BC: Science dropped to 10%, pottery in 1 turn. Settler moves 1 square away from where I was going to found the second city.

General thoughts: Our warrior found paris straight west, and an english schout just south of paris, which turned west itself, and we have seen no one near our city. From the distance west I went, we are on either a very large continent, or a pangeia map. I would suggest trying to find a southern coast, seal the area with culture borders, expand westward, and east when we have secured enough lands in the west. We are going to need alot of workers with all this jungle, I didn't mention it, but I was checking for french workers on the diplomacy screen, they never had any available. I would suggest not trying for any ancient wonders here, just building as many settlers as we can from the cities that have decent population growth, and workers from the jungle cities to clear out some land so those cities can become productive. Looks like the easiest way to win this will be just to stay close in tech throughout the first two ages, getting railroads, and winning through superior tech/production. All the jungle cities we are going to have are going to be slow starters, but with all that grassland, they will be strong cities in the middle and endgame.

Here is my sample 20 turns.

(0) 4000 BC - Science choice of pottery. I move the settler up the river to the Jungle. With 4 wines, this can be an awesome settler factory. I don't want to waste a wine square. I begin irrigating the first wines.

(1) 3950 BC - Rome is formed, and warrior is ordered. I crank science up to max, and get pottery in 12 turns.

(4) 3800 BC - I switch Rome to use the irrigated wines.

(7) 3650 BC - Start barracks as a pre-build for a granary.

(8) 3600 BC - The warrior will wait for the border expansion to pop the goody hut.

(10) 3500 BC - Hmmm, temples are very cheap - I suspect several Religious civs.
We are Rome, so I want to know where the iron is. I start the pre-requisite of Bronze Working.
(I) Borders expand, and angry barbs. :(

(13) 3350 BC - Rome holds and we have an elite warrior.

(17) 3150 BC - I correct the choice of the new square in Rome to use the grassland with shield.

Summary - Granary in less then 17, then we can pump out settlers like crazy. Bronze working completes in 2. Rome grows to size 4 in 2 turns.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/LK33-LKENDTER-3000_BC.zip

Top Bottom