LEADERHEAD: Empress Zawditu (Ethiopia)

sween32

The Worthless
EMPRESS ZAWDITU OF ETHIOPIA!!! :queen:

I haven't had time to test out the PCX's, but hopefully when GIDustin collects it for his website he'll fix them ;)

DOWNLOAD ZAWDITU (20mb)

ETHIOPIA AS A CIV
Cities and Great Leaders
Civilopedia entry coming soon
Bonuses - Religious, Commercial

Ethiopian UU:
Javelineer
replaces Spearman
Pre's: Bronze Working
Cost: 20
A/D/M: 1/2/1
B/R/F: 2/1/1

Attachments

• zawditu_previews.jpg
    zawditu_previews.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2,825
Empress Zawditu? Empress Zawditu? Looks like Queen Latifah to me! :D

Good job! :goodjob:

I have downloaded your Empress Zawditu files twice and when I go to unzip them an error message says that the files are damaged or incomplete. HELP!

Ditto

And what file did you say you would need me to fix?

GIDustin

Originally posted by Neomega
Empress Zawditu? Empress Zawditu? Looks like Queen Latifah to me! :D

Good job! :goodjob:

:D You're right!

Look's great.

thanks guys

FIXED!!!!

Had to upgrade my host service! Hope you guys feel special! ;)

Dustin, i think all the pcx's are fine. you might want to check them just in case. there's also a little transparency problem with her teeth in all of them except industrial. usually to fix it you replace pure white with a very light grey but for some reason it's not working for this leaderhead. thanks, buddy! :D

I know I'm going to sound like a completely stupid newb but does this Civ replace anything? And do your Incans replace anything aswell?

nope. they're meant to be added. after ptw comes out you'll be able to add 7 civs of your own, and these are an attempt to make those civs be ones that were left out of the game.

Addis Ababa
Dire Dawa
Gonder
Nazret
Harer
Dese
Adwa
Mek'ele
Bahir Dar
Jima
Degeh Bur
Jijiga
Tendaho
Ginir
Goba
Debre Birhan
Weldiya
Asela
Kibre Mengist
Debre Zeyit
Fiche
Aksum
Awasa
Yirga Che'fe
Dila
Debre Mark'os
Arba Minch'
Tarch'a Sodo
Dangila
Nek'emte
Bako
Gimbi
Metu
Gore
Guba
Mendi
Dembi Dolo

good job, Aselin! my personal thanks! :goodjob:

thank you, curt :D

found some great leaders for Ethiopia:

Zara Yakub
Johannes I
Iyasus I
Menelik II

also religious, militaristic?
as for governments, they are a republic now...not sure about what I should for this....

It has been a while since I last posted here thanks to all work/school and no play these days. I got around to getting PTW so I had to make a comeback, and sween, you're leaderheads are awesome. I wish I could have got around to saying this sooner, but great job. I look forward to adding all of your work to my game. Keep it up. ;)

I think that the PCX's supplied will have transparency issues (related to pallette). Someone could test this (i cant, I dont have time) by creating a scenerio where it is only you and her, and destroy her first turn of the game. If in the victory screen the picture of Zawditu looks "odd", then there is a transparency issue.

If there is, I have already re-palletted the PCX's. There were 2 that were fine, but I forgot which ones so I zipped em all.

I will add the leaderhead to my website as soon as I make a preview GIF.

GIDustin

Allllllllllllrighty then

Guess the max attachment size has changed, . . . . again.

SO i have uploaded to to the upload server. Here is the link:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/ZawdituFix.zip

Hopefully that works (However now I cannot track the downloads :( )

GIDustin

thank you so much, dustin! you are a godsend! one of these days you're going to have to teach me how the pallettes are supposed to be for the pcx's. thanks again, buddy! :goodjob:

it is quite easy actually. The last 2 colors in the pallete cannot be used anywhere in the image, so change them to bright pink, then change all the bright pink pixels to something else through color-replace.

GIDustin

I recently downloaded this as well as the Incas leaderhead but so far my attempts to install them in the game has resulted in failure. Each time as I load a new game up it inevitably gives me the message “Error File not Found: #”, to clarify this is after I click to load up a scenario I added the two new civs to so I don’t even get to the Civilization choosing menu.

Now as far as files go I put the all first in the PTW folder since I figured that’s where they should go considering I was going to add the civs through the PTW the world editor, that obviously didn’t work so I moved them to the Civ III folders just to get the same failure. I also modified the PTW PediaIcons text file to link up to the folders and replaced the original PTW Diplomacy text with Montezuma’s 31 Civ Diplomacy file. If anyone has any suggestions or knows where I screwed up I’d greatly appreciate the help.

“Error File not Found: #” means that you didn't give the editor a correct civilopedia name.

First I’d like to thank you Sween32 for the help you gave me before, turns out I had overlooked just simple thing and once corrected cleared the problem right up. Unfortunately now whenever I reach the second age after ancient the game gives me an error if I try to click on Ethiopia, this same problem occurs with Poland as well so I’m guessing it’s probably something I entered in wrong. On a side note the one time that the game didn’t error and shut down when I tried to open up a negotiation screen with Ethiopia the leaderhead box where the animated portrait was supposed to be was all jumbled with black and white blobs. If anyone has any advice or knows what I’m doing wrong I’d greatly appreciate the help.

Top Bottom