Screenshot of the Day #66: Wonder-ful City

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
This screenshot shows a city with every single Great Wonder, Small Wonder and City Improvement available to you in Civilization III without the expansion. There are sixty-three altogether. However, I did have to do some tweaking to get all of them. For example, I had to make sure that building a solar plant would not replace a coal plant I already had installed. I also had to make sure I had four other cities, for some improvements that need five of one thing, such as Battlefield Medicine needing five hospitals. I even managed to get the United Nations without being elected, as well as the Forbidden Palace and a Palace. The only thing wrong with this is that the Palace blocks the entrance to the Forbidden Palace, the Pentagon is overlaping on top of Copernicus' Observatory and, of course, it's just a little bit to crowded!

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd66.jpg

There is an easy way to make a city like this: just use the editor to give a city everything. :) Thanks to Carlos for the screenshot.

.... I will like to see more buildings

Cool! :goodjob: The Colossus in front of all those skyscrapers looks a lot like the Statue of Liberty.

Originally posted by willj
Cool! :goodjob: The Colossus in front of all those skyscrapers looks a lot like the Statue of Liberty.

Illuminati symbolism has nestled all its way to the poor innocent world of Civ3. Soon we´ll be seing the eye of Horus on the pyramids.:eek:

ARGGH!

I had a screenshot like that (most wonders, and no editing) and I was thinking that I should send it in. But now it's already submitted...darn darn darn.

Oh well. It's cool except that it looks VERY unreal-like. Not in a bad way, it's in a good way. Now THIS is a metropolotis.

Too bad you didnt have all those PTW improvements too. Especially the commercial dock that will clutter up right next to the lighthouse. :D

Was this done in an actual game vs. comp players or is it all tweaked using the editor?

If it wasnt tweaked, then it must have been on chieftain or something similar.

Originally posted by DukEngnr
Was this done in an actual game vs. comp players or is it all tweaked using the editor?
The first post of the thread says that a few tweaks were made, but it was still legitimately done in an actual game.

You're right, Chairman Yang. I also can hear some Adam Weishaupt speaking. Time to find V. again.

how many couture per turn were you making?

It didn't say whether they were built in a game. It said that there was tweaking only so plants would not be replaced. That leaves quite a gray area.

At least 50. I didn't have every wonder and I was making 30 (cpt).

I would say at least 150
Once i had 11 wonders in my capital and i was making 97 (warlord game)

I would like so c a screen shot from someone that actually was able to build maybe not all, but most of the wonders.

Originally posted by Chairman Yang

Illuminati symbolism has nestled all its way to the poor innocent world of Civ3. Soon we´ll be seing the eye of Horus on the pyramids.:eek:

Too late my dear. All your base are belong to us.
Just kidding :lol: but seriously, you expect someone to defeat them so early?

I guess you better plan a few workers ready to clean up polution !
Thank for the Screenshot.

lol i really wanted to have the ptw improvements...but...my parents wont let me buy ptw :(...arg o well, im only 14 ya kno...meh. this was actually done by tweaking alot of the things, like making the forbidden palace available in the capital...it took me a long time to actually do it tho, cuz i had to tweak alot, its impossible to get every single thing in without tweaking. by the end of the game i was making 162 culture a turn...it was fun :)

Is it me, or is the position of the pyramid a hazard for planes trying to land at the airport?

Top Bottom