The Domestic Plan

FionnMcCumhall

Emperor
All of this would take effect during our current wars

All but the top 10 productive cities in Fanatika go straight to improvements
for example we build aquaducts, marketplaces, banks, temples and cathedrals

The top 10 cities will alternate between a military unit and improvements. with a huge emphasis on improvements over military

No war is declared by us until after we have a good majority of the countries infrastructure in place.
ie roads/railroads in place, irrigation and mines, so we can strike harder and faster with our panzers :)

To smooth our transition to Democracy each city needs to have a marketplace and bank so we do not lose any money with the units we currently have and will build. In democracy no unit is free. So we will need the banks so we can build the small wonder stock exchange.

We try to stockpile a good portion of our money for rushes while gradually spending money on upgrades to units.

Aside from our alliances it might be in our best interest to sue for peace with the indians and babylonians after key cities are taken.

We take advantage of your scientific trait and after we hit the industrial era we move the slider to 10% while we may lose some gpt i think it is in our best interest if we raise the bar some therefore lowering our research costs. We now have libraries and universities. If we can get those imporovemnts in every city we can finally research on our own.

We must triple our workforce. we neglegted the road/rail network too much in the beginning.

more to come

Others please feel free to discuss the points or add to them as this is a cooperative effort to bring only the best to fanatika

I don't think banks are necessary before the transition to democracy. If we were to wait for the construction of these to start the revolution, we would be waiting a very long time. Marketplaces should be sufficient given the number of luxuries we have, and the large number of cities we have, with the bonus commerce from democracy, should be enough to support our military provided we really get to work building roads. We should not expect to immediately be able to raise the research slider a whole lot, however. This should be raised gradually as our cities grow and generate more commerce.

thats why i said 10% for a bit, and we need some banks so we can build the Wall street small wonder

You should also consider:

-producing settlers in size 12 cities to help the growth of less food-intensive cities

-producing settlers to add extra cities to our tundra region.

-immediately producing workers in size 6 cities without aqueducts. You can put an aqueduct in the queue after 2 workers are produced.

-our railroad building should begin in Bremershaven and Kyoto. Workers from both crews would work toward each other until the line was complete. After that, rails could be added for extra food and production where needed most.

-try this one. With about 10 turns left in the Babylon war, switch to Mobilization. This will give us massive production benefits. The kicker is we would not use mobilization to build many offensive units; we would use it to build harbors, riflemen, settlers(for the settler shift plan and tundra plan) and lots of workers(!). Great care would have to be taken that the right cities were producing the right units. After we sue for peace with Babylon, we could end Mobilization and get back to producing marketplaces and banks etc. How's that for sticking it to those "nuts" in the military? ;)

I also think that we can eventually move the science rate up a bit sometime next term. I am hoping for somewhere closer to 40-60%, but much of that will be determined by our tech trades with other civs.

Donovan while the movilization idea is good when using that we can only build military units/buildings. And since the plan is to not do that many units the mobilization is not a good idea. 40-60% is a bit off. i think relaistly we can close out term 6 at 20-30%

Mobilization also halves our culture output, I believe, which is the last thing we need.

I agree we need to get 5 banks ASAP, but we do not need to do this before a switch to democracy. Once we have peace, our 5 most productive cities should be switch to making banks, which I do hope happens as soon as the war with Babylon ends...hopefully 19 turns from now. I would like to be pretty close to ready to switch to democracy 10 turns after this.

40-60% may be a bit optimistic. We would really have to make the right trades in order to get to that point. It could only happen by somehow passing up most civs in the tech race through agressive trading and selling them obsolete, benign(non-military) techs. Of course, those civs would have to have the gold on hand to make that worth our while.

As far as mobilization, we are talking 8-10 turns. How much culture could we lose? Meantime, we would be able to triple --maybe even quadruple -- the workerforce in a matter of turns. Our little northern tundra cities could get harbors at a much faster rate too. And guess what, more production under mobilization equals more money stockpiled in the treasury(one of your objectives, Fionn).

We could see how many markets and banks could be completed before mobilization was implemented. Maybe we can enter Democracy just before or just after this plan.

Our main worker force (non-foriergn) only has less than 20. We have 52 cities now (or more), and with a non-industrious civ, that number of workers should be a little over 100.

Although I mostly agree with Fionn, but the growth I am for growth in the cites (which is what Donovan said). it looks like I'm going to be the 3rd person in the race. Vote Per... I mean Zarn. ;) If will emphasize RR's, upgrading, and saving.

You don't see my promoting Octavinium all the time...

Otherwise, what Fionn proposed is what I had in mind for this period of the game. Aim for a democratic government (Commerical bonuses, worker speed), and the techs Replaceable Parts (Infantry and increased worker speed) and Motorized Transportation (duh!). We should have at least a 50% balance. At any one time, half of all cities should be improving themselves, while the other dedicated the the military. Also, we should target certain cities as settler/worker factories to improve the terrain settle our land.

Originally posted by FionnMcCumhall
All of this would take effect during our current wars

All but the top 10 productive cities in Fanatika go straight to improvements
for example we build aquaducts, marketplaces, banks, temples and cathedrals

The top 10 cities will alternate between a military unit and improvements. with a huge emphasis on improvements over military

Read it again, Octavian. Fionn only wants the top 10 cities producing units half the time. Every other city would build improvements all the time.

I would still like some feedback on my mobilization idea. We could use our standoff in Babylon as the war that allows us to accomplish this. It would only go for 8-10 turns but would provide us the opportunity to:

-build at least 50 workers in that time frame(and that is a very conservative estimate).

-build at least 10-15 settlers to settle the tundra region with more cities, as well as increase the size of smaller cities via larger ones. Having the bountiful cities help the needy is the way to get most of our cities to size 12 and ready for hospitals(Keep in mind that our workforce will be ever expanding to help those cities as well).

-build harbors for every coastal city that still doesn't have one. Harbors are considered military improvements so they can be built during mobilization. The extra food we get from these will help all our coastal cities(except tundra) reach size 12 faster.

-build any necessary military units. As we are on pretty solid ground militarily, we should only have to build riflemen and if we get the opportunity, ironclads.

What we would have to do to ready ourselves for this plan is switch production to marketplaces in larger cities now, build what we can for 4-5 turns, endure anarchy and enter Democracy, and then mobilization. We may even be able to enter mobilization in the late stages of anarchy without limiting production.

And so I give you the Mobilization Plan, and with it a chance to greatly help our domestic situation with a bit of help from a military procedure. By the time Hammurabi is signing a peace treaty, Fanatika should be well on its way up the charts in almost all meaningful demographics.

Donovan Zoi, people don't want mobilization. You are going to have a tough time fighting two people that were Domestic Leaders, already. There will be formal questions for positions later.

Mobilization has a dirty connotation that it simply doesn't deserve. The way Donovan has proposed it is the best way it can be used. A short time frame, preplanned, for a specific purpose. It will allow us an excellent bonus to get necessary units created.

It does harm our cultural advancement, but only for a short number of turns. This is more than compensated by the large production increase.

I am in favor of the Mobilization plan.

Originally posted by Zarn
Donovan Zoi, people don't want mobilization. You are going to have a tough time fighting two people that were Domestic Leaders, already. There will be formal questions for positions later.

Zarn,

I know who I am up against, which is exactly why I want the people to know what to expect should I be elected. Besides, Fionn invited us to respond. ;)

It is one thing to say "I will get all cities to size 12" yet quite another to actually propose how that could be done. I am giving this information to the public now so they can elect the Leader whose plans they wish to follow. I will sink or swim with this plan.

The fact that I would risk the election by proposing it shows how much I believe in this plan.

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi

Zarn,

I know who I am up against, which is exactly why I want the people to know what to expect should I be elected. Besides, Fionn invited us to respond. ;)

It is one thing to say "I will get all cities to size 12" yet quite another to actually propose how that could be done. I am giving this information to the public now so they can elect the Leader whose plans they wish to follow. I will sink or swim with this plan.

The fact that I would risk the election by proposing it shows how much I believe in this plan.
Alright, I can respect that. Ultimately, I sway the way people want me to, but I do have my own ideas.

I very much like the Mobilization plan. But if it does fail, dont feel bad DZ, my plans fail all the time and Im still kicking :)!!!

Of course you guys would like the mobilization plan. We only produce units and milltaristic buildings during our short time of "mobilization". My plan calls for us to forgo the mobilization so we can focus on culture, science and road/rail structure, it also focuses on more money coming in as well. During mibilization we wont be able to build anything remotely cultural and if a city is in danger of flipping we may be too late to switch back in time to start building a cultural improvements

During Mobilization, what buildings cant we build? Can we build marketplaces? Banks?

Originally posted by FionnMcCumhall
Of course you guys would like the mobilization plan. We only produce units and milltaristic buildings during our short time of "mobilization". My plan calls for us to forgo the mobilization so we can focus on culture, science and road/rail structure, it also focuses on more money coming in as well. During mibilization we wont be able to build anything remotely cultural and if a city is in danger of flipping we may be too late to switch back in time to start building a cultural improvements

Fionn, I too wish to focus on culture, science and road/rail structure. My question is:

How will we build rails without workers??

Truth is, we can't. And our building of scientific and cultural improvements will be completed less quickly if we do not have enough workers to build rails and mine/irrigate simultaneously. This is why we must get a fast infusion of workers now.

Goonie, Fionn is correct on one thing. During the short period of mobilization, we would only be able to build military improvements, workers and settlers. My mobilization plan would only have us focus on four items(in order of importance): workers, settlers, harbors, and riflemen. And it would only last for approximately 8 turns. That's it! After that, we will have secured a new workforce, growth for our coastal cities, more parity in our population and a few(and I mean few) defensive units. Please do not let Fionn scare you from supporting this idea.

One last thing, Fionn: quicker production during mobilization means less gold needed to rush items. Our treasury will expand to allow upgrades of existing units, or savings.

Top Bottom