New Unit: Modern Soldier

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
Just a modern infantry unit... Based loosely on some Israeli military uniforms but it certainly can be used for any civilization.

Sorry I don't have sounds. Most of them could probably be linked from the in game infantry, the only ones that'll probably need to be different are the attacks. Like a lot of my more modern units recently I've included two extra INI files that when replacing the normal one set his attacks differently. The normal just has him standing and firing... The second version fires once then kneels and fires in three round bursts repeatedly... The third has him kneel in the fortify and then fire.

File (554kb):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/Modern_Soldier.zip

Preview of the standing fire:

Attachments

• modern_soldier_preview.gif
    modern_soldier_preview.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 11,408
Nice, but to be honest i dont think there is such a great demand for modern units anymore.(please dont troll me people for saying that, because i know you want;)) Still the animations are great:thumbsup:

Beautiful unit Kinboat, do you use Poser or a 3d app for your humna units? And if so, are you tied up with a project right now?

Trust me Yoda, people still want modern units. Especially me and I love this one! :D Heck, I'd love just about any unit from the 1950's onward!

Yeah I know, I prefer fantasy and or medieval style units anyway... This was requested of me.

I am sort of tied up with a long list of units (and other things) that I'm working on... If you have a request I could consider it. I use Poser to put everything together but I do make several parts in a 3DS program (the helmet, backpack and pouches and gun flash in this unit).

Originally posted by Kinboat
If you have a request I could consider it.
Oh please the Cataphract, there is a request thread with pictures on the c&c main page.

heh yea it was sort of in the vein of a request Kinboat, but not a small one. I was hoping to conive you into doing some or all of the infantry units for the BTech mod, but I understand you being tied up with a bunch of other stuff. Thx anyways

Man, your units and timing are both excellent. I'll be using this as a modern mercenary unit I was just about to request. Now I can save Dawa soldier for the Zulus as I wished - mighty fine animations all of them. Thanks!!:goodjob:

Great job Kinboat! :goodjob:

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Nice, but to be honest i dont think there is such a great demand for modern units anymore.(please dont troll me people for saying that, because i know you want;)) Still the animations are great:thumbsup:
i, on the other hand, think that this is cool, because i modified my game and made it so that infantry are never obsolete(they can go inside of Mech Infantry, so the Mech Infantry is basically an armed personel transport. i made other changes in my game, to)
________
Hmsi

Originally posted by Yoda Power
<p>
i like modern units.
-sims2789
________
NO2 REVIEW

I like your modern infantry, and we need modern units! And ancient! and medieval! And industrial! And fantasy! And! And! And!

More seriously, I think what we need the most are some Asian units. We have PLENTY of Europeans, some Arabic (and we'll have a few more from Cossacks), but no Asian equivalent.

The more the better. heh.. Nice unit, I like modern units myself. Often spend much time in the modern era on a huge map.

Yeah, I like this unit; Is he wearing a yellow helmet? or is that hair?

He reminds me of a modern territorial or national guard unit. Does any one wany this guy in a brown uniform? I could do a colour swap job on him.

Yes, good idea, make some color variations.

I need for my mod marines / modern marines, paratrooper / modern paratrooper, infantry / modern infantry, and also alpine troops / modern alpine troops.

To avoid specific units when not available, I think changing color could be nice.

Originally posted by Smoking mirror
Yeah, I like this unit; Is he wearing a yellow helmet? or is that hair?

He reminds me of a modern territorial or national guard unit. Does any one wany this guy in a brown uniform? I could do a colour swap job on him.

That would be cool SM. This guy doesn't look quite as badass as modern infantry soldiers do (with all the tons of equipment on him) but if he was to have a brownish uniform he could be used for some poor eastern-bloc countries.

Yeah his helmet has a yellowish webbed covering... If you are doing color conversions be careful, I think the gun flash uses some of the same colors as the helmet. So if you change the helmet you need to fix the flash. Or maybe it doesn't :) My palette isn't really organized.

What do you think the stats should be?

Originally posted by Bobisback
What do you think the stats should be?
compared to the other modern infantry unit(from the game) i would say: A10 D10 M1 Cost100. Maybe a upgrade from guerilla.

Top Bottom