EA-6B Prowler

snsfro

Warlord
This is the EA-6B Prowler!!! it is a modified A-6 Intruder carrierborne attack aircraft. It is an Electronic Countermeasure (ECM) aircraft! It basically flies around and jams the enemy's radar! This could be used as the A-6, sine the only difference between the two is a large cockpit area! I may improve upon this unit and make it the A-6 with a standard grey color.
I have absolutely NO idea how to implement an ECM jamming unit in civ3, but if all else fails I can just convert it into the A-6.

Expect a lot more units from me in the future!!! I get better and better everyday!

Here's the Prowler:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/EA6.zip

Attachments

• ea6.jpg
    ea6.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,693
From a third person point of view (user of those units) this situation is quite good - the more units the better. And best quality will eventually "win" (although we can hardly speak of any competition here, especially if there's no profit to be made).

Did you do attack anims as well?

Some suggestions:

- use isometric view, not perspective (Civ3 is not 3d)
- use antialiasing to make those units smoother
- learn Blender (completely free) in case your Rhino evaluation runs out

I know, but in another thread there was a talk on "competition" - I merely wanted to express my view on this notion.

I have a couple of ideas how you could do this:

1. Give EA-6B ability to perform air superiority missions. When it does this it increases the chances of friendly bomber aircraft within half the EA-6B's operational range succeding in their mission. This would be by degrading the effectiveness of enemy Flak, Mobile SAMs and SAM sites. This would presumably take some very advanced programming (beyond me) and messing with the RNG.

2. Probably easier to implement. Give the EA-6B very high defensive values and stealth attack ability, then it could target anti-air ground units. So it would basically be a Stealth Fighter with a different appearance except that it could carry out precision strikes before the discovery of smart weapons. If your programming was good enough you could make it so that it could only target anti-air ground units. This would simulate the Supression of Enemy Air Defences (SEAD) component of the EA-6B's mission where it uses High Speed Anti Radiation Missiles (HARM)to target enemy radars.

He he he - well maybe d.highland. In the editor when you edit a unit you have the choice of which targets a unit can attack with stealth so for the EA-6B you just select anti-air targets. Give it high hit points and/or defence and I reckon that is as close as you can get to implementing ECM in C3C.

Stealth doesnt work on Air/Sea units...and has no real bearing on what was being discussed 4 years ago

More importantly, who are you responding to?...Noone has read this thread since 2003...

you may have won the Necromancer award with the resurection of this OLD thread...please let it die again...

Top Bottom