Ireland 100x100

Mobilize

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Well here is a 100x100 map of Ireland in .bix, and .biq.

Take not of this. There have no marshes added yet the .biq version is the same as the .bix except it is just converted. I will be using this for my Irish Civil War scenario which should be out by atleast February. Have fun. :)

Attachments

• ireland 100x100.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,063
Yeah I'm working on it right now. It's coming along well except for the need of units.

It takes place in 1922 when the Pro-(Anglo-Irish)Treaty Irish Free State declared war on the Anti-Treaty Republic who were holding a barracks in Dublin and took it over. It ended up being about a half year of fighting both conventional and guerilla until the surrender of the Republic rebels.

I need several units like an Irish Civilian Guerilla aka "Civie" as well as an armoured railroad car. This scenario should be completed by February will be for Conquests.

Out of interest, did the Brits intervene in any way? If they did, you should get the town of Holyhead on the east of the map, it's the main British port to Ireland. Somewhere around square (98, 58) it is...

(Sorry, a shameless plug for my home-town :D )

The first cities I placed were the British ones which were Milford Haven, Fishgaurd, Stanraer, I still need to find some more to add to the North.

The British intervened in sending the Irish Free-State armored vehicles, planes, artillery, and even some British people joined up with the Free-State for all sorts of reasons. The British largely supported the Free-State but weren't at war with the Republican Forces.

I'm slowly working on this scenario and so far I've only got cities down. I need unit graphics for two types of armored cars, different sorts of units, all that good stuff. This scenario will be done someday.. I'm estimating my May.

I've been working on the Irish Civil War scenario bit by bit, it's a rather hard war to be historically accurate with. There were so many soldiers switching sides and the battles were mostly inside cities and out in the country, rather interesting war which is really hard to depict.

I'm still having trouble with city placing.. I might restart the scenario with using a smaller version of the map.

As for some scenario info:

Civs-

Provisional:
Irish Free State (capital @ Donegal)
United Kingdom (capital @ Fishgaurd, Wales)

Republic:
Irish Republic (capital @ Dublin)

The Irish Republic holds Dublin however there is a large amount of Free-State forces outside the city which will most-likely take the city in the first turn or two. Throughout the rest of the scenario the outnumbered Free-State with British aid will be engaged at war with the IRA. The IRA may have plenty of guerilla forces and a good amount of well-trained armies, however the Free-State has aircrafts, an adequate navy, armoured vehicles, and artillery.

Included Units-

Free-State & UK:
Infantry:
Provos [Free-State]
Tommies [U.K]
Black & Tans [U.K]
Auxillaries [U.K]
Civilian Infantry [Free-State]
Dublin Gaurd [Free-State]
Machine-gunners
Mounted:
Provo Cavalry [Free-State]
Royal Cavalry [U.K]
Armoured Vehicles:
Lancia APCs
Rolls-Royce Whippets
Peerless Armoured Vehicles
Armoured Rail Guns [Free-State]
Mark IV [U.K]
Artillery:
18 pdr. Artillery
Naval:
Transport
Patrol
Aerial:
Martinsyde Type A Mk. II
Bristol F.2b Fighter
Avro 504K
Martinsyde F.4 Buzzard10-22
Royal Aircraft Factory SE.5a
De Havilland DH.9

Republic:
Infantry:
IRA Infantry
IRA Irregulars
Civilian Infantry
Machine-gunners
Mounted:
IRA Cavalry
Armoured Vehicles:
Lancia APCs
Rolls-Royce Whippets
Peerless Armoured Vehicles
Armoured Rail Guns
Naval:
Transport
Patrol

The civilizations can only really produce Foot, Mounted, and Naval units and all other units are accurately placed where they were before the attack on the Four Courts in Dublin.

http://libraryautomation.com/nymas/irishcivilwar.html is the best Irish Civil War site I've come across and has military information on the Free-State, IRA, and U.K.

Well there's your update.

And here are the unit graphics I am using and the ones I need

Provo Infantry (American Infantry - Firaxis PTW)
Tommy Infantry (British Infantry - Firaxis PTW)
Dublin Gaurd (Russian Infantry - Firaxis PTW)
Black & Tans (Japanese Infantry - Firaxis PTW)
Auxillaries (Wehrmacht - nonnob3)
IRA Infantry (German Infantry - Firaxis PTW)
IRA Irregulars (Italian Infantry - Firaxis PTW)
Civilian Infantry (Infantry - Firaxis)
Machine-gunners (American MG - Firaxis PTW)
IRA Machine-gunners (German MG - Firaxis PTW)

Royal Cavalry *needed*
Provo Cavalry *needed*
IRA Cavalry *needed*

Lancia APC (Lancia - somebodies here on CFC)

all the others are needed.

Ah yes. It is completed, all I have to do is compile the files into a .zip and upload it. There are still some missing unit graphics for the Armored Rail Car, Peerless, and Rolls-Royce but I just used the Lanzia for those three.

One catch is that it is on my computer in Tahlequah, OK and I'm in Visalia, CA until August 19. So.. I guess I'll have to wait. I meant to send it to my email but I had forgot to. Another solution is getting my sister to do it and she's pretty capable and she could probably do it. So hold on a bit longer and you'll get it.

Top Bottom