New Unit: Fictional Missile

A Viking Yeti

Carnal Leviathan
This is missile that isn't based on any real missile, I just made it for fun. Though it could just be used as a generic missile, like the cruise missile is. I started yesterday, which I think is pretty good time for my first full unit. I made the model for this unit in Anim8or and pasted the exhaust from the cruise missile, since Anim8or doesn't support particle effects unfortunatly. Name it whatever you want, but someone please tell me what it would be named after; if anything. I would like to know, so I can call it something better than just "Missile" in my personal mod.

And the previews:

And the file:

Attachments

• missile.zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 653
hey man hello again lol

well not bad for a first unit, but not good like SM or kinboat, or whoever are the good ones since my last break from school

but definitly room for improvement! my one suggestion, more variety of color and shades of color with the exception of the few shades of gray all you have is red blue, black but keep it up!

The model itself was a lot better, IMO. The conversions lost a lot of quality. Hardly anyone is as good as Wyrmshadow, SM, or Kinboat. They make the to quality stuff. The Large.pcx is posted below. EDIT: In case you didn't already relize, the blue is civ-specific; not that that changes anything.

BTW: At least you told me what was wrong, :lol:.

Someone else told me that, too. Duck Dogers must have went insane, 'cause he just flew Straight Into LONDON!!! :lol:.

BTW: Why won't he, I thought he just got banned for 3 days. I saw him on here earlier, did he do something else? :(, too bad, he's really good at making units.

Originally posted by A Viking Yeti
BTW: Why won't he, I thought he just got banned for 3 days. I saw him on here earlier, did he do something else? :(, too bad, he's really good at making units.

I think he got burned out on being banned in the OT forums. Truly a drag.

-Oz

As I understand it, Wyrmshadow only posts over at CDG now. You can still get all his stuff, just not here. A falling-out with the Moderators, it seems.

Nice missile, btw! Downloading it now.

Hey, A Viking Yeti, Cool Missile you have there. Pretty good for making it so fast and as your First Unit as well. As for the Name, just name it as you like. It doesn't have to be named from anything in particular. Name it something like Shrike Cruise Missile for example. Your Missile could be "Tweeked" to be even better with just a little time. Keep your interest and spend the time to get the detailes you want.

Thanks Viking Yeti, I'm making a space mod at the moment, and I was hoping someone would make a new missile, the cruise isn't realy fitting for space.

I think I'll use SSB to reduce it by about 50% and make a multi unit of it, as its a good model, very strong shapes.

when i see the missle, i think of a destroyer launched anti-submarine missle, but that cant be done with the editor (i tried with cruse missles). you could call it a trident missle and make it lethal sea bombard, rof a 7, bombard strength a 20 or what ever normal cruse missles have, sheild cost maybe 10 in the editor.

TO Gorn and Ozmandias: Yeah, that sucks :(. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be in all the mods, anyway. Plus, I could just take a quick visit to CDG to d/l a few.

TO Vuldacon: Thanks, although it is my first unit; it's not my first attempt :D. So I have had a little experience, but this taught my a lot. Krayzeenbk also gave me a lot of good advice through pm's. I've already started a new unit, it's a bomber. So far, it looks a lot better, IMO.

TO SM: Yeah, a cruis missile would look kinda odd flying through space, then again so would Duck Dogers' ship crashing into a space-station, :lol:. Never thought about the size, but now it does look kinda big (in comparison to the normal cruise missile, it's about 2x its size). Oh well...

TO Bluemofia: That's a good idea, never thought about making it a naval missile. Though, they should have anit-sub missiles in Civ 3.

Originally posted by Wyrmshadow

That is right. I am outta here.

Sorry to see you do that. Bad deal for everyone - CFC loses one of its best unit creators and you lose ~80% of your audience.

On the contrary, I burned a couple bridges as I went.

London bridges falling down, falling down, :lol:. Like Drift said, this is 80% of your audience; you'll be losing a lot of your d/ler's, too. It sucks to see you go, :cry:.

Well, I don't really have a problem with CDG. It's really too bad that you are leaving Wyrmshadow. See you at CDG Wyrmshadow.

"AYE" ... (*in sad and unfortunate vain*). Have you tried downloading his units? They're all gone, 250+ great units gone, :cry:. (*playing fanfares*)

Top Bottom