Play as Switzerland!

Sims2789

Fool me once...
That's right! You can play as Switzerland! This scenarion, for Civ3 Conquests replaces the Hittites(stupid 31 civ limit!). Imagine, Swiss legions marching into Berlin and founding the Swiss Empire! Oh, the possibilities await you. The vanilla Civ3 version is on the post below.

Attachments

• switzerland scenario v1.0 by sims2789.zip
    50.9 KB · Views: 465
Download this version if you have vanilla Civ3 or PTW. In this version, I have replaced the Aztecs.

Attachments

• switzerland scenario v1.0 by sims2789 bic.zip
    38.2 KB · Views: 192
Don't steal this one either!

Originally posted by Pawel
Playing Switzerland sound a little too peaceful. :) Unless someone decides to have fun with a crossbow. ;)

Either that or with a four meter' pike :lol:

Is my editor out of whack? Did I read that right? The Swiss are MILITARISTIC?! Hahaha

Good one :D

Actually, I can see militaristic. Not nessicarly, for their conquering ability, but it's strict organization, and large numbers during some periods (espeically for a country of that size.)

They did win independance completly militarily didn't they?

I would personally choose a diffrent one though, scientific, and commercial?

Originally posted by Cuivienen
Is my editor out of whack? Did I read that right? The Swiss are MILITARISTIC?! Hahaha

Good one :D

They are militeristic but peaceful(1 out of 5 on the chart). This is due to their imperialistic tendacies before they declared neutrality. Plus, they have the largest army-per-person in Europe*. And every man is in the reserves and has an assualt rifle in his house, paid for by the government(those guys from Lichenstien could invade any minute;)).

*Does not include reserves. Even if it did this stat would still be correct.

I have just made a vanilla Civ3 version. Enjoy! :D

So as a swiss, I am curios of your city list, leaders and so on. I have implemented Switzerland myself. So show me your list and I tell you what's wrong... :) No seriously please tell me.

Erm, How did you get the idea of making this civ, as a American? Seeing your place (San Francisco) made me think of Sutter and his Great Helvetia... :)

And to the questions: We are militaristic, to a great part I think. But I think we are today/now really more commercial and scientific looking at the fact that we have the most noble-prices per capita of any country and we are (really) rich. :) But anyways militaristic is fine.

Erm, no we didn't fight independence. That's not true. But at the middle age, the roman empire of german nation wasn't really strong. Almost every town and region had its own parliament and its own wars and so on. Switzerland were some towns and countrys (the farmer regions ;)) that had alliances witch each other (+ conquered regions). this League was expansionistic by the defeat of Marignano. [we were defeated because the austrian emperor (i think) offered money if we did cede. some parts of the army did, some not. The Alliance did not act as one then ...]

And yes, today we have the largest army of europe. This is really stupid. I hate it. It just doesn't make sense.... :) And yes, I have to go in the RS (Rekrutenschule, the 'army' ) in a year.... so ...
mfG mitsho

Only the largest army per-person, right(if you don't count reserves)?

City List:

Bern
Zurich
Geneva
Basel
Bürglen
La Chauz-de-Fonds
Köniz
Neuchâtel
Luzern
Chur
Lugano
Zermatt
Herisau
Sarnen
Baar Zug
Saint Gallen
Stans
Sion
Leukerbad
Lancy
Schaffhausen
Neuhassen

Also, could you give me some names of Military Leaders that I could use? Thanks! And when you get done fixing it I'll give you some credit as soon as I get the chance(I leave for Canún on Sunday at 4:00 AM).

take a look at this !

and oh, yes, 'only' the largest army per person. But I think we have nearly the same amount of troops like for example germany.... :) [<-- he's not sure!!]

mfG mitsho

My mom has traced her ancestors on her dad's side back to northern Switzerland. They first arrived in America in 1616, in an Ammish-like anti-slavery religous group called the Efidah-Cloysters. One of my ancestors was George Washington's body gaurd during the Revolution.

Another question: What is Romanasche? I'm guessing it's more closely related to Latin or Romanian, but what is it exactly?

Erm, difficult!
during the celts time in Switzerland, there were around 3 tribes, the Rauricans, the famous Helveticans (biggest one) and the Raethians in the mountains of Graubünden. This last tribe was romanized, too. But not as much as the other ones.
But when the hike of the people ('straightforward translated from german, so probably wrong, I mean the germanic tribes that invaded rome and blew away the old empire) came, the allamans didn't invade very far into the mountains, so the mixture of roman and raethian people was left alone.
And during the centuries the Räto-romanisch (german term) or rumantsch (the term in the language) developed. :) roughly ...

another subject.... 1616 is very early, isn't it? but cool if you can tryace your family that back. (i can track mine only roughly into the 11th century :D)

mfG mitsho

In the USA a lot of people can't trace their family back that far as almost all of us are decendants of immigrants and made up of multiple races. But only into the 11th Century :lol:. That's farther then anyone I know! :eek:

I know, that should have been ironically :) ok, I have to mention that we have some gaps... perhaps a bit more than one, or two... :) and that we've stayed all the time nearly in the same village (fartest distance is about 50 kilometres... :)) but nevertheless, back to the topic... :)

mfG mitsho

Who is the leader? Personally I would pick John Calvin. Although he was actually French he did set up his model society in Geneva, which he ruled over. John Calvin was just as important to the Protestant reformation as Martin Luther. Other possible leaders could be William Tell or Huldrych Zwingli.

Top Bottom