Question About Sweden

Hello everyone!

I Just have a question about Sweden (though I don't know if anyone has a strong answer.) Does the +10 percent bonus to GP for Sweden and their friend make it easier to make friends? Just wanted to know if Sweden is even awesomer than meets the eye. ;)
Thanks in advance!

If you asking if it makes the AI more likely to make a DOF with you, I'd say no based on my experience. If you play a peaceful game, obviously they're more likely to want to be friendly with you, but I don't think they consider that your friendship gives them a slight boost.

I've had leaders not renew DOF with me as Sweden for no reason (no warmongering, wonder-building, city spamming, new DOF with other leaders, etc). It just depends on how the AI is feeling at the time.

I find I have better luck making DOF's with sweden than others.. but this may be because I try harder to make friendships than with other civs.. I'm not sure but it would be nice if the devs included some modifier to make other civs more likely to friendship with sweden, given it provides them with an advantage to do so.

I've only started my first game as Sweden (its great so far, for some reason im getting a ridiculous amount of culture, for no apparent reason...maybe its the great start I had?), but I haven't really witnessed that the bonus makes friends faster. Its a little thing that should work, but its kind of hard to notice.

Top Bottom