How does one use iTechCostModifier properly to increase the tech speed for certain eras?

ToastedHCL

Always modded, never vanilla
Hey guys,

I am enjoying playing with this mod and really appreciate the way it seems to make a lot of smart, surgical type changes (thanks jdog5000!!!) Now I just had a quick question about the iTechCostModifier. I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I just want to make sure I'm understanding how it works properly. So I've already changed my iResearchPercent to 150 to make the tech speed 1.5x slower on normal while keeping everything else the same. Now what I'd like to do is to use the "iTechCostModifier" to change the tech speed back to the default normal (1x) speed for the ancient and classical eras only.

Before I get into that, I do need to ask - do the modifier affect both the AI and the player equally, just like iResearchPercent does?

Assuming the answer to that is yes, then how does one use the iTechCostModifier properly? I did some searching and it looks like people said that it works as a percentage increase, rather than a pure percentage like iResearchPercent. So I want to reduce the tech speed by 33% for the ancient and classical eras to get it back to the default normal speed. If I set iTechCostModifier to 67, however, my understanding is that that will actually increase the cost by 67% rather than reducing the research speed to 67% of the iResearchPercent speed, right?

So what I should do instead, I think, is to set it to -33 for the ancient and classical eras to decrease the research speed by 33% instead of increasing it. Just to confirm, there shouldn't be any weird issues from using a negative number for this, right? I already tried it and it seemed to work ok, but I just wanted to make sure that this is the right way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom