Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

C2C v. 34 (release). Huayna Capac asked to be my vassal and I agreed. Soon after that his neighbour, Ghenghis Khan (who never liked me) asked me to do the same. WTF? When I looked at the score I noticed that everyone has a happy face. After I checked Tokugawa it turned out that he was "worried about rivals being vassals" and I got +1236 to his attitude... and to attitude to everyone else but HC :crazyeye:

S.

Attachments

• WorriedVassal.jpg
    WorriedVassal.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 195
C2C v. 34 (release). Huayna Capac asked to be my vassal and I agreed. Soon after that his neighbour, Ghenghis Khan (who never liked me) asked me to do the same. WTF? When I looked at the score I noticed that everyone has a happy face. After I checked Tokugawa it turned out that he was "worried about rivals being vassals" and I got +1236 to his attitude... and to attitude to everyone else but HC :crazyeye:

S.

looks like an overflow error. This mod really messes up the memory. Never saw such bugs outside of properties yet (BTW, flammability is now affected too, only crime seems to behave in a coherent way)

I think when you change your BUG options, the game thinks your "assets and/or DLL" have changed, and asks you to do a recalc. That's wrong, right?:crazyeye:

Might explain all those times you get asked to recalc when you haven't changed anything.

looks like an overflow error. This mod really messes up the memory. Never saw such bugs outside of properties yet (BTW, flammability is now affected too, only crime seems to behave in a coherent way)
There are some overflow issues but I don't think this is an example of one... Not sure what it is - probably in the xml somewhere. It's not a likely place for an overflow to happen though.

Overflows are simply where an Integer value exceeds a couple million. Simple. A number cannot get too big without having to reprogram things to accommodate.

Furthermore, Property values shouldn't be overflowing so easily now with the trade portion that was causing the worst of it being disabled now. If they still are there's more to address. Flammability? How the? How does that ever exceed 2mill?

I think when you change your BUG options, the game thinks your "assets and/or DLL" have changed, and asks you to do a recalc. That's wrong, right?:crazyeye:

Might explain all those times you get asked to recalc when you haven't changed anything.
Possibly... it's hard to say. Koshling's triggers in the code LOOK right but I think some things Alberts and n47 did might've altered how the code really knows that it's changed or not. A cache deletion may cause it to come up too. Honestly, we're stuck with this issue until I understand data issues like these much deeper (who knows when that'll be but probably at some point I will) or Koshling takes a look at it.

It may be that changing some options might turn on/off something, same with changing options in WorldBuilder. It is difficult to track each possible change so it is safer to cause a recalc if they are used in a game than not.

Something is wrong someplace now??? I just wanted to see if a NEW game would make any difference with TB's changes.

I have "our" cultures set this way:

<bPlayable>0</bPlayable>
<bAIPlayable>0</bAIPlayable>

which is what Hydro wanted, BUT, the loading IS reading it, whereas it should NOT???

Maybe there's a bug in AIplayable? Those civs have been on for some time now... aren't they in a module that's turned off???

My bad, i forgot i changed them back to "playable", sorry :blush::blush:

How long does it take now game to generate gigantic perfect world map?

2 Months ago it took 20-30 mins to generate immense size map. Yesterday after clean update i spent 1 hour waiting to generate, closed application, tried to generate another, waited 3 hours before going to sleep and turning off comp.

Today at work im already waiting 1+ hour to generate map. Im wondering if there is some known bug that prevents generating maps or something else?

2 Months ago it took 20-30 mins to generate immense size map. Yesterday after clean update i spent 1 hour waiting to generate, closed application, tried to generate another, waited 3 hours before going to sleep and turning off comp.

Today at work im already waiting 1+ hour to generate map. Im wondering if there is some known bug that prevents generating maps or something else?

I believe there is something horribly wrong with the dll.

Schema's are still really messed up and mainly incorrect?????????

Spoiler :
Validating files in the current directory and all subdirectories
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Alt_Timelines\Clockpunk\Clockpunk_CIV4UnitCombatInfos.xml:8,22: Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'x-schema:Clockpunk_CIV4UnitSchema.xml' - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Alt_Timelines\Clockpunk\Clockpunk_CIV4UnitSchema.xml'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Alt_Timelines\Clockpunk\Clockpunk_CIV4UnitCombatInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
-----------------------------------
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Alt_Timelines\MegaFauna\Bear_Rider\BearTrainer_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml:269,5: The 'x-schema:BearTrainer_CIV4BuildingsSchema.xml:bGraphicalOnly' element is not declared.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Alt_Timelines\MegaFauna\Big_Cats\Big_Cats_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml:196,5: The 'x-schema:Big_Cats_CIV4BuildingsSchema.xml:bGraphicalOnly' element is not declared.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Alt_Timelines\MegaFauna\DeerRider\DeerRider_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml:143,5: The 'x-schema:DeerRider_CIV4BuildingsSchema.xml:bGraphicalOnly' element is not declared.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\alberts2\alberts2_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:7,2: Cannot load the schema for the namespace '' - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Xml\Schema\Caveman2Cosmos.xsd'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\alberts2\alberts2_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:7,2: Could not find schema information for the element 'Civ4ArtDefines'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\alberts2\alberts2_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:8,3: Could not find schema information for the element 'LeaderheadArtInfos'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\alberts2\alberts2_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:9,4: Could not find schema information for the element 'LeaderheadArtInfo'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\alberts2\alberts2_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:10,5: Could not find schema information for the element 'Type'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\alberts2\alberts2_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:11,5: Could not find schema information for the element 'Button'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\alberts2\alberts2_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:12,5: Could not find schema information for the element 'NIF'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\alberts2\alberts2_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:13,5: Could not find schema information for the element 'KFM'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\alberts2\alberts2_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:14,5: Could not find schema information for the element 'NoShaderNIF'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\alberts2\alberts2_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:15,5: Could not find schema information for the element 'BackgroundKFM'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\Dancing_Hoskuld\Dancing_Hoskuld_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:7,2: Cannot load the schema for the namespace '' - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Xml\Schema\Caveman2Cosmos.xsd'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\Dancing_Hoskuld\Dancing_Hoskuld_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:7,2: Could not find schema information for the element 'Civ4ArtDefines'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\Dancing_Hoskuld\Dancing_Hoskuld_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:8,3: Could not find schema information for the element 'LeaderheadArtInfos'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\Dancing_Hoskuld\Dancing_Hoskuld_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:9,4: Could not find schema information for the element 'LeaderheadArtInfo'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\Dancing_Hoskuld\Dancing_Hoskuld_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:10,5: Could not find schema information for the element 'Type'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\Dancing_Hoskuld\Dancing_Hoskuld_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:11,5: Could not find schema information for the element 'Button'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\Dancing_Hoskuld\Dancing_Hoskuld_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:12,5: Could not find schema information for the element 'NIF'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\Dancing_Hoskuld\Dancing_Hoskuld_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:13,5: Could not find schema information for the element 'KFM'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\Dancing_Hoskuld\Dancing_Hoskuld_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:14,5: Could not find schema information for the element 'NoShaderNIF'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Cultures\Dancing_Hoskuld\Dancing_Hoskuld_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml:15,5: Could not find schema information for the element 'BackgroundKFM'.

Pls look at attached there are over 1000 entries that are wrong. . . ????????

at start of new game i see blackened Andean worker, pedia say it need to have poultry and nasca lines but i dont know such things at 50 000 bc ...

and why we got 2 different andean workers?

at start of new game i see blackened Andean worker, pedia say it need to have poultry and nasca lines but i dont know such things at 50 000 bc ...

and why we got 2 different andean workers?

Look ABOVE at post 829 and below.

A test with PerfectWorld 2f gave me 4-5 mins for huge, 5-6 mins for giant and about 8 mins for gigantic. That is from pressing launch to the first turn. My processor is a AMD Phenom II 550 3.1Ghz.

Just finished.
Gigantic perfect world2f map took 4.5 hours to generate.
Core i5 processor ....

Top Bottom