Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

It would probably only fix it for so long... I've found the source of the problem and it's a nasty little bugger. Very simple problem lost within a very complex sequence of code - took forever to find it. Unfortunately I probably won't have time to commit the fix until tomorrow. And I'd like to look into the other two saves I have to look into before packaging this up as a fixed dll.

in my last game (SVN 7282) a minor civ find new tech very quickly (around 5 or 6 turns)

minor civ bug.JPG

minor civ bug 02.JPG

in the second creen you can see an error message i get almost every turn.

here a save in case you'll need it :
View attachment Atotoztli BC-16940.CivBeyondSwordSave

That error should put something in PythonErr.log (not PythonErr2.log). If it has please post the log file. The log file is cleared every time you start civ so it needs to be one where you got that message.

That error should put something in PythonErr.log (not PythonErr2.log). If it has please post the log file. The log file is cleared every time you start civ so it needs to be one where you got that message.

After searching my computer I don't have a PythonErr.log only a PythonErr2.log

It is random if you are using a random map generator. This means that some times these things happen but there should be a total of about one stone for each player.

If you are using the latest SVN and haven't exited and started again since generating your map there should be a list of resources placed on the map in the log file PythonDbg.log. I would be interested in seeing it.

i used pangea, arboria and continets map scripts - and got no stone also i checked in WB - no stone on WHOLE map!

i can attach save if you like

It is another one you need to set but it is way past my bed time and I can't remember what it is.

The first two are the same error and is easily fixed. The last will require some thought tomorrow.

@Sparth

Tibetan stonethrower is a red blob (which means that there is some problem in UNIT_ARTSTYLE_ASIAN)

Maybe this bug is linked with multi-feature thingy?

COULD be as it seemed to be reported right after turning off the multi-feature mod more cleanly BUT it would mean that the way it was setup before was to adjust to the multi-feature mod being partially active whereas now with it not being partially active it's not setup correctly somehow. I dunno.

My game crashed to windows. When I reload it, it crashed immediately without starting at all. I noticed a weird message with garbage text a few turns before. This happened with the last game I started also. I have the .34 version.
Mark

Again... can't load due to the art issue.

@SO: I don't think this is a code problem the more I look at the issue from that angle. I THINK this is a problem with a missing flag reference on a civilization that's active on the SVN version... when it tries to use that civ to replace the one that's been removed we get this issue. Haven't identified which one is the offender but we might be able to fix it from this angle.

I've got the hang bug on both hanging saves fixed and will be committing the fix soon. It may even improve turn times a bit ;)

Zone of control promotion for GG is still blocking movement of my own units. And it blocks where the General starts the turn, if he moves the zoc is still around the tile where he started, not the tile where he ends up.
Reposted here for tracking... I'll look into this. (Funny... I didn't even know we had a tag for this on promos (or is it python... hmm...))

The Egyptian Stone thrower is back to three red blobs.

However the forest terrain is fine when you start a game which suggest a problem with the very complex bit of code that is designed to reduce memory usage.

The Egyptian Stone thrower is back to three red blobs.

However the forest terrain is fine when you start a game which suggest a problem with the very complex bit of code that is designed to reduce memory usage.

thats because Sparth forgot to do an UPdate before the commit.

Top Bottom