Texture Map Problem in 3ds Max

Acronym2

'Cedo Alteram'
Say...do any of you know what causes this: (See attached picture)?

Some imported .nif's look fine, while others have this "red" texture problem. I am importing the models into 3ds Max 8 from a generic folder, and it seems the texture maps are all there.

I think it may just be a small detail that I'm not familiar with, so could a more exprience 3d modeler explain to me what I'm seeing and how to correct it?

There might be textures missing - some are not in the model folder, but in civ's shared Art folders - stuff like enviroment maps and such... (metal_grey_env.dds - just for example...)

Open the Max Asset tracker - either from file meny or with Shift+T. It will give you a list of all external assets, those missing will be greyed out...

If nothing is missed (Try reexport and check how it looks after...) - it's probably just display weirdness. You can choose to display only the diffuse map (Material editor, click ont the diffuse (base) map, click "Display in Viewport" button). This does not affect the model - just a display option.

If everytinh fails, zip your working folder (tha max file + textures you have) and attach it here, so we can look into it.

EDIT: I have think of a possible simple explanation... Check the material editor - the Emmitance color should be full black, everything else rather whitish... Otherwise those settinhgs might shift the color...

Yes, I thought a missing shared texture might be at fault, but the consistant red made me think of display settings. I'll try checking your leads out and see. If all is a no-go, I'll post one of the model .nif's for you to examine later.

Say refar....this is the second time you've been on one of my troubleshooting posts. I appreciate the help.

This red texture might be teamcolor.bmp

Top Bottom