New Version - 3.7.12 (August 4, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed, although if you don't want to wait for the next version. You can download this and replace it in your (1)
Wow, way to undermine me with your hard work- :lol:

Now I feel like I need to do a new release. Maybe I will.

Version 3.7.12 released. Link in OP has been updated.

Changelog:
Code:
Balance
- Growth bonus from Happiness is now capped at +100%
- Units created in damaged cities now start with a minimum of 20% of their max HP

Bugfixes
- Fixed a bug involving Zealotry and faith purchases
- Fixed Civilopedia Bug with Start Biases appearing everywhere
- Fixed corporation bonus applying to Food yield more than once

UI Reworks/Additions
- Added Lua Method for Player:GetHistoricEventTourism(HistoricEventTypes, int CityID) and Player:GetNumHistoricEvents()
- Added a new tab in CultureOverview, which lets you determine how much Tourism you will get when you make those Historic Events appear.
- Added Support for Rome UA with Annexed City-State, a City-State Icon will appear under eligible annexed City-States showing you specifically for conquered Military CS what they can gift you if you 'know their secret.'
- Improvements to Food tooltip in cities

AI route building logic improvements
- Make road building node evaluation more complex than just "does the tile have a mountain". Check whether a village can actually be built in the tile.
- Now more prone to rebuild road network if there is a more optimal new path. Will heavily prefer to build road networks over existing towns and villages.
- Disregard village logic if the route is for a shortcut or strategic route, since these routes generally don't give town/village bonuses.
- AI will now build shortcut routes between cities even if they are not both connected to the capital yet.
- AI now correctly considers value of railroads between cities in VP version.
- AI now slightly more aggressive in removing old routes.
- AI can now build routes in unowned tiles bordering other civilizations' borders, but they will avoid it if possible.
- AI will no longer plan routes through other civs' borders when they have open border treaties.
- AI will no longer remove routes that are earning them gpt if they are losing gpt.
- Update route cost evaluation to take into account planned routes rather than existing roads.
- Removed logic meant to make AI finish up almost completed routes, since that should not be needed anymore and made AI always build short routes even if they are losing gpt.

- Tactical AI improvement: added tiebreaking for tactsim assignment candidates

Online as of 2:07 PM CST. Savegame compatible with 3.7 versions.

VP 3.7.12 seems to be a good update. Historic Events tab I could use, fixed civilopedia, new gameevents...
I wonder where this thing is visible (CS tooltip, CS city bar)?
Code:
- Added Support for Rome UA with Annexed City-State, a City-State Icon will appear under eligible annexed City-States showing you specifically for conquered Military CS what they can gift you if you 'know their secret.'
And this one intrigues me. How it works and what table it uses (if it uses table at all:
Code:
- Units created in damaged cities now start with a minimum of 20% of their max HP

If I have a lot of automated workers, how will this new road logic interact with road networks that I placed on the front line?

Will the AI build the new route first, then remove the old roads to avoid unhappiness from isolation?

And this one intrigues me. How it works and what table it uses (if it uses table at all:
It's hardcoded in the DLL.

I wonder where this thing is visible (CS tooltip, CS city bar)?
City bar I believe, but not sure where @Enginseer put it.

If I have a lot of automated workers, how will this new road logic interact with road networks that I placed on the front line?

Will the AI build the new route first, then remove the old roads to avoid unhappiness from isolation?
@KungCheops

1691260417776.png
New road AI seems to build spaghetti roads, especially near citadels. Understandable during wartime, but they don't remove them afterward. Even when I manually remove these roads, the automated AI put back the spaghetti after a few turns. They also built 2 routes from Oslo to Skien

View attachment 669054New road AI seems to build spaghetti roads, especially near citadels. Understandable during wartime, but they don't remove them afterward. Even when I manually remove these roads, the automated AI put back the spaghetti after a few turns. They also built 2 routes from Oslo to Skien
I don't see any problems with that. Having multiple city connections allow more boosted village, help protect borders, help troop movement in general. Roads only cost 1GPT (0.5 if you have the Discipline policy) and this cost can be offset by the additional gold from the new city connections.

It would be a bit pointless to remove them during peace time to rebuild them when at war again.

Last edited:
View attachment 669054New road AI seems to build spaghetti roads, especially near citadels. Understandable during wartime, but they don't remove them afterward. Even when I manually remove these roads, the automated AI put back the spaghetti after a few turns. They also built 2 routes from Oslo to Skien
I don't see anything bad here actually. I never use AI to build roads and I always have more than that, it's not that expensive and the mobility boost is really valuable.

Only one road counts as the city connection, therefore only one road counts for villages.
If you see where the tiles are highlighted in yellow, those are considered city connection eligible tiles and thus will boost villages/towns the same regardless of how many roads you made as long as the Strategic Mode highlights that the tile is city connection eligible in https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-version-3-7-12-august-4-2023.684236/page-13#post-16490642

I wonder if you made a road here, you're going to get another yellow highlight between Ogvalidsnes through Vancouver and the rest.

I don't see anything bad here actually. I never use AI to build roads and I always have more than that, it's not that expensive and the mobility boost is really valuable.
Good point! I also have 30k in the bank. The complaint is mostly nitpicking because it hurts me physically to look at the spaghetti.

Only one road counts as the city connection, therefore only one road counts for villages.
Yes I meant a city can have one connection with all the cities around, even if they are already connected to another city.

If the route is highlighted in Yellow for City Connection, it counts. And based on that screenshot, all of the roads count. You can build Villages or Towns on top of it. You can make a smart routing to maximize it.
If you have two cities that are already connected to the capital and you build roads between them, the new roads will count.

Hello guys!
Please tell me, in this community patch, what will happen with spent production if I don't have time to finish the world wonder? Is it still back by gold by 25% of spent production or somehow else? :hmm:

Hello guys!
Please tell me, in this community patch, what will happen with spent production if I don't have time to finish the world wonder? Is it still back by gold by 25% of spent production or somehow else? :hmm:
it turns into culture.

If the mod option BALANCE_CORE_WONDERS_VARIABLE_REWARD is on (it is on in VP but not CP), you can change the community options value COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_WONDER_CONSOLATION_TWEAK to give different consolation yields.

0 = Disabled
1 = Gold
2 = Culture (Default VP value)
3 = Golden Age Points
4 = Science
5 = Faith

I personally don't understand the need of using a Community value to set a Defines value... Both are one line of SQL!

If the mod option BALANCE_CORE_WONDERS_VARIABLE_REWARD is on (it is on in VP but not CP), you can change the community options value COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_WONDER_CONSOLATION_TWEAK to give different consolation yields.

0 = Disabled
1 = Gold
2 = Culture (Default VP value)
3 = Golden Age Points
4 = Science
5 = Faith

I personally don't understand the need of using a Community value to set a Defines value... Both are one line of SQL!
thank you so much for describing in detail ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom