Not getting credit for certain achievements

jjdygert2012

Chieftain
Did a few searches for this info but nothing helpful came up. Long time Civ player, first time poster btw.

I'm not getting credit for 4 achievements I believe I've earned. Any insight as to what I need to do would be appreciated. All my games are played on a standard map, Prince or higher, 8 or more countries. The 4 are listed below:

1 Gain 1000 gold from expanded great people with the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus. No credit, even though I've accumulated more that 10,000 gold.

2 As Elizabeth, sink 357 enemy naval units. No credit, despite having sunk more that 700 ships (not counting embanked land units).

3 As Darius, start 5 golden ages in a single game. No credit, despite having started more than 10.

4 Become the dominant religion in every capital city on a standard or large map. No credit, despite in one game having my religion dominate in all 65 cities. I assume dominate means at game's end?

Thanks for any advice.

Did a few searches for this info but nothing helpful came up. Long time Civ player, first time poster btw.

I'm not getting credit for 4 achievements I believe I've earned. Any insight as to what I need to do would be appreciated. All my games are played on a standard map, Prince or higher, 8 or more countries. The 4 are listed below:

1 Gain 1000 gold from expanded great people with the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus. No credit, even though I've accumulated more that 10,000 gold.

2 As Elizabeth, sink 357 enemy naval units. No credit, despite having sunk more that 700 ships (not counting embanked land units).

3 As Darius, start 5 golden ages in a single game. No credit, despite having started more than 10.

4 Become the dominant religion in every capital city on a standard or large map. No credit, despite in one game having my religion dominate in all 65 cities. I assume dominate means at game's end?

Thanks for any advice.

Did you look through the complete guide to achievements (see my sig)? It would probably answer some of your questions.

For 1 and 2, enable the debug log and check that. Make sure it's counting those correctly.

For 3, it has to be 5 golden ages triggered by happiness. Some people reported that if you used any other way of starting a golden age, the achievement is disabled.

For 4, that achievement is very broken. It can be earned by accident in hot seat mode, but otherwise doesn't seem to work at all.

Did you look through the complete guide to achievements (see my sig)? It would probably answer some of your questions.

For 1 and 2, enable the debug log and check that. Make sure it's counting those correctly.

For 3, it has to be 5 golden ages triggered by happiness. Some people reported that if you used any other way of starting a golden age, the achievement is disabled.

For 4, that achievement is very broken. It can be earned by accident in hot seat mode, but otherwise doesn't seem to work at all.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did look through your guide, but it was a bit beyond me. :lol: The logs aren't counting either the Halicarnassus nor the British Navy achievement. Is this log just a receipt of what I've earned or is it the key to actually unlocking things? I saw another thread providing a method to turn logging back on; is that what I need to do to get the game counting these achievements for me?

Again, thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

Yup, very broken, you can get it WITHOUT not even being the dominant religion in your own continent, I got it, God only knows how! Also, the "yoink" achievement seems to be broken too, I got it in a MP and the other human player got it too, but he never played as Austria...

Thanks for the quick reply. I did look through your guide, but it was a bit beyond me. :lol: The logs aren't counting either the Halicarnassus nor the British Navy achievement. Is this log just a receipt of what I've earned or is it the key to actually unlocking things? I saw another thread providing a method to turn logging back on; is that what I need to do to get the game counting these achievements for me?

Again, thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

The log just records what Steam tells the game you've unlocked, when the game is launched. So it's just, as you say, a receipt. But it's very useful for finding out why certain achievements aren't unlocking.

And as the other person said, you can't unlock achievements with mods activated. It will stop counting. Playing offline can cause odd things, too (but normally it will update next time you're online). Playing with reward popups disabled messes up achievements.

Edit: As for the guide being beyond you, I feel for you. I hate the length of it, actually. I'm trying to make it less wall-of-text, but it's a lot of work. Ideally, you should use your browser's search to find what achievement you're looking and see what special conditions it has.

The log just records what Steam tells the game you've unlocked, when the game is launched. So it's just, as you say, a receipt. But it's very useful for finding out why certain achievements aren't unlocking.

And as the other person said, you can't unlock achievements with mods activated. It will stop counting. Playing offline can cause odd things, too (but normally it will update next time you're online). Playing with reward popups disabled messes up achievements.

Edit: As for the guide being beyond you, I feel for you. I hate the length of it, actually. I'm trying to make it less wall-of-text, but it's a lot of work. Ideally, you should use your browser's search to find what achievement you're looking and see what special conditions it has.

Sorry for the lateness of this reply. My computer room was inaccessible due to a home improvement project and I had to go without my computer (and Civ 5!) for several days.

Thanks for all the advice. And your guide is readable and very helpful; I'm just highly computer illiterate. I can handle Civilization and that's about it. :lol: I checked and I didn't have any mods activated, so I've now switched my achievement log on and I'm going to check if my achievements are actually being counted. :please:

I finally achieved Darius's Five Golden Ages (triggered from happiness alone) in Brave New World by navigating through a mine field, ie avoiding those social branches which award a golden age.

It is easier to achieve this goal in BNW than Gods and Kings because of the less harsh conditions to maintaining happy faces. In the Industrial Age at Prince with three cities and five puppet states, I had no difficulty maintaining seventy or more happy faces. Normally at this stage I was desperate to build the Eiffel Tower. Now you can take it or leave it. When I achieved Darius's goal I immediately resigned because the World's Fair was about to grant Persia bonus points toward a golden age, an event that might negate the entire effort.

Thanks again for setting me on the right track to attain this goal. :goodjob:

Btw, I played the Civil War scenario as the South and had Pickett take Gettysburg without taking DC and then resigned. However, I was still credited with the Standing Like a Stonewall achievement as if I'd actually won the game. :confused:

Top Bottom