Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to join the Modernizational Party,for sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

I vote Yea on the earth map-thing.

Sir I agree with you that we should expand and I never said that expanding to the sea should be before land I only state that we should build our city next to the sea and expand across our island then we may seek the sea for even more land and resources.

All map votes - Are counted - but keep voting! I'll give it until tomorrow.

Cull - Party is being added right now! And no, I will always be playing, but everything major that happens in the game gets screenshotted and posted up here as an issue to debate. That way, the President is the one who is really playing, even if I'm sitting at the computer. We're playing the latest BTS patch after I get it tonight - unless there's anything I should know about it . . . speaking of which, what's BUFFY? And no, it's never to late to join - even if all 10 parties have formed, you can still participate. And if it gets popular enough I'm prepared to raise the party limit somewhat.

Nukeknockout - Oh . . . you're here then? Well, just because you're my brother doesn't mean that you'll get special treatment as president!

Elections will kick off tomorrow morning, I think.

- Lighthearter

Sir I agree with you that we should expand and I never said that expanding to the sea should be before land I only state that we should build our city next to the sea and expand across our island then we may seek the sea for even more land and resources.

The Party disagrees with you. While starting on sea may eventually become profitable with lucrative coastal trade routes, founding more inland allows for tiles that can be improved, which is better than a coastal tile. If you compare a coast with lighthouse to a normal grass cottage, to a 2/0/2 to a 2/0/X yield, you can see which is better.

The Party says found inland unless otherwise(fish, clams, etc.) and reap the benefit of the sea with more cities, as opposed to our capital! The Party does agree on the fact that we should expand across the water for land, but first let us conquer our island first, heh?

All map votes - Are counted - but keep voting! I'll give it until tomorrow.

Cull - Party is being added right now! And no, I will always be playing, but everything major that happens in the game gets screenshotted and posted up here as an issue to debate. That way, the President is the one who is really playing, even if I'm sitting at the computer. We're playing the latest BTS patch after I get it tonight - unless there's anything I should know about it . . . speaking of which, what's BUFFY? And no, it's never to late to join - even if all 10 parties have formed, you can still participate. And if it gets popular enough I'm prepared to raise the party limit somewhat.

Nukeknockout - Oh . . . you're here then? Well, just because you're my brother doesn't mean that you'll get special treatment as president!

Elections will kick off tomorrow morning, I think.

- Lighthearter

Cool! Just to check, patch is 3.19 right? That's the newest, and IMO the BEST BtS patch, as it should be. BUFFY is a popular CivFanatic mod they implemented a while back, and CivFanatics use it for their "official"(like GoTM) games. Also, can a 1-member party run for dictator/head of council/whatever? Wasn't so clear on it.

Also, I didn't see my party added to the list, so uh...

I think that settling near the water wouldn't be a mistake but putting the Navy before the army will be. My party's 3 point plan
1.Expand- funnel maximum resources into an early rapid expansion while keeping tech rate under controls
2.Conquer- Put our entire continent under our rule by 1000-1500AD (unless Pangea)
3.Dominate-fill in any space we need to win Dom. Victory or if easy enough Keep conquering the rest of the world

Seeing as this is Britain, will their be the House of Commons and House of Lords? (Or maybe just commons, or something similar) :p

Haven't posted much before, but oh well, here goes nothing...

Lots of good parties, but i have to say i have to go with the Liberal Marxist Party

Yay on earth18

Joining in, as a member of the Liberals of west india man.
Oh, and I will differentiate from my party there; no on Earth 18, a Terra map creates many interesting random situations, instead of the historical route needed at Earth 18.

Somehow I can't PM! Is this due to me only having 3-4 posts or what?

Since I can't PM, west india men, founder of Green Party of England and Wales, I wish to join forces with your party and form the First Coalition. Both of our parties wish not to use war, want our nation to succeed, and, as such, makes us natural allies. This would allow us to block out military groups to obtain power, and allow members in both parties to vote twice for our coalition. Are you willing?

Since I can't PM, west india men, founder of Green Party of England and Wales, I wish to join forces with your party and form the First Coalition. Both of our parties wish not to use war, want our nation to succeed, and, as such, makes us natural allies. This would allow us to block out military groups to obtain power, and allow members in both parties to vote twice for our coalition. Are you willing?

Agreed!:goodjob:

Alright - sorry about missing stuff, but tonight was hectic.

Cull - This is whatever the latest patch is - I don't know that specifics other then that. And any party can run - you can either form a coalition and work together with someone else or ask someone who voted for you to take office alongside you. If absolutely necessary I am capable of being lenient on the 3-person rule, but only in extreme cases. And you've been added now! Coalition registered as well;)

Votes on the map and party joinings have been noted.

Downloading the patch tonight - tomorrow morning things get going!:D

- Lighthearter

Alright - sorry about missing stuff, but tonight was hectic.

Cull - This is whatever the latest patch is - I don't know that specifics other then that. And any party can run - you can either form a coalition and work together with someone else or ask someone who voted for you to take office alongside you. If absolutely necessary I am capable of being lenient on the 3-person rule, but only in extreme cases. And you've been added now! Coalition registered as well;)

Votes on the map and party joinings have been noted.

Downloading the patch tonight - tomorrow morning things get going!:D

- Lighthearter
Sweet! I noticed that yout brother who joined the modernized party was not included in the list the first page. Also, I have a friend who is out of town for the weekend, and has mo Internet over the weekend. He also has no civfanatics account. May I vote for him? In a text conversation, he pretty much joined my party, and in effect, the First Coalition. His username? MathNerd, or so i beileve. As I will be out from 7 am to 8 pm tomorrow, I am piting forward my and (if it's okay) MathNerds votes. Both of us vote once for the Educated Party, and once for the Green Party of England and Wales, totalling up to 4 votes for the First Coalition.

Sweet! I noticed that yout brother who joined the modernized party was not included in the list the first page. Also, I have a friend who is out of town for the weekend, and has mo Internet over the weekend. He also has no civfanatics account. May I vote for him? In a text conversation, he pretty much joined my party, and in effect, the First Coalition. His username? MathNerd, or so i beileve. As I will be out from 7 am to 8 pm tomorrow, I am piting forward my and (if it's okay) MathNerds votes. Both of us vote once for the Educated Party, and once for the Green Party of England and Wales, totalling up to 4 votes for the First Coalition.

OK, I'll add him to the roster - but the elections will last at least until Tuesday morning. You and your friend should have plenty of time to vote, and I'm not comfortable accepting a vote until the first election update has occurred and the parties have responded to the issues that it will bring forth. After that I'll be perfectly fine with a mail-in vote:D. That includes PMs, by the way, people. If you want to vote through PM, you can, but I strongly suggest using the thread so that future generations of voters can see the course of the election progressing.:cool:

Anyway, if you don't think that you can make it in the time allotted for voting, I'll take these entries anyway;)

- Lighthearter

I vote Yes on the Earth map!

This is a very good idea, but I suggest to start the story NOW before it deads :suicide:

THE BRITISH EMPIRE - 20 TURNS:

(OK, Advanced Start didn't work out with the Startingpoints mod, but now the elections begin in earnest!)

Issues:

Britain . . . and Beyond?
One more settling party will assert our dominion over the British Isle, but there lies nearby a land we call "Ireland". In addition, there is the strange land of "France" to the south, across the English Channel. Ireland is almost assuredly ours, yet there are other civilizations near France - if we don't claim it soon, someone else will. Then again, do we really need it?

Wales:
There is enough unclaimed land in the west of England that we might be well served to found a new city in Wales or Cornwall - however, that would interfere with London and its productivity. How do we proceed here?

The elections have begun, my friends - All party leaders(founders) are candidates for president unless they don't want to run or form a coalition, in which case that will be negotiated out. Now, vote! Let's get this show on the road!

The polls are now - OPEN!! They will close on Tuesday, when I announce the election results. Remember, coalitions are almost assuredly the road to victory.

Now go on, fill in those ballots! Feel free to campaign in this thread with text speeches and image campaigns:D

- Lighthearter

Don't go to Wales, it'll interfere with cockney productivity. Scotland is the way to go instead. oh, and DONT INVADE FRANCE!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom