(RFC Modmod) Revival of Rome

Caesarea

Chieftain
Hello again, I was originally going to do this in RFC Europe but I have now decided to use a RFC Modmod called Byzantines 610 AD (Link in the underbar, 10 points to anyone who gets that reference). So my goal is to retake the entirety of the Roman Empire as it was in 117 AD. This means I will have to take Italy, France, the southern half of Britain, Spain, Portugal and western Northern Africa. Pretty much doubling the size of my empire. And I must do all this while keeping my stability up. Doesn't sound easy does it? It probably won't be. So without further ado, here we go!

Playable Byzantines-http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=324003

Civ4BeyondSword 2010-07-24 18-24-01-60.jpg
Here we are. The year is 600 AD and the Roman Empire is but a shadow of its former self, only holding about half of its rightful land. Lets see if we can change that.

Spoiler :
Civ4BeyondSword 2010-07-24 18-26-14-09.jpg

Here are my historical victory conditions. Pretty boring if you ask me. But were not going for a historical victory are we now?
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2010-07-24 18-22-57-81.jpg

Right off the bat I'm at war with Arabia and there pushing north, If I don't act now I could lose the Holy City.

Saladin is one unreasonable guy isn't he?

Jerusalem is lost....

And immediately retaken.

Spoiler :
Civ4BeyondSword 2010-07-24 18-51-14-62.jpg

For now this war is a stalemate, But those Arabs are forgetting one thing. There messing with Romans now!

What will happen next? Stay tuned to find out!

Also, If anyone can help me make the Screenshots larger that would be very helpful. I'm using fraps to take them and I can't figure out how to make them bigger then a thumbnail.

I approve of this. Good luck!

It is going to be much easier than with RFCE ! Because it would've meant controlling 2/3 of the map of Europe, and with the awful byzantine stability... so good luck !

Hmm... Out of the 5 or so different members that have posted in this thread, 3 have some kind of Justinian as their avatar.

I think that speaks a lot about us, given the context of this thread...

AOS, How did you get the picture on 3000 years of Rome to have such high resolution and be so large and such? Im currently gong to try Imageshack as Bobbtjow suggested. B

That you! Means alot coming from the guy who inspired the story!

I love being an inspiration.

AOS, How did you get the picture on 3000 years of Rome to have such high resolution and be so large and such? Im currently gong to try Imageshack as Bobbtjow suggested. B

Well, I used the "manage attachments" button below, as my screenshot will show.

Spoiler :

Then, I open the the file that showed up down there in another tab. Another window would work too. I took the address of the file, and used "insert image", which is right above the text box (it looks like a tan rectangle with mountains on it). I then put spoiler tags around the image so the loading time hopefully wouldn't mess with slower browsers. Did this explain it?

Attachments

• Manage attachments.jpg
    Manage attachments.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 605
Spoiler :

So, Things are going great im in a war with the Arabs and now there are barbarians pushing into northern Africa. It's time to turn things around.

Spoiler :

Arabs got some camel archers and swordsmen moving into my land. I try to hold them off with some horse archers.... With Limited success.

I make peace with the Arabs.....for now. (Sorry I forgot to take a screen shot of this, It was 2:00 in the morning.)

Spoiler :

I adopt Serfdom, should help with the cottage spamming needed to hold up my economy once my conquests begin.

Spoiler :

I meet Otto I! How dare he call his puny little country "Roman", I think I just might have to show him what happens when you insult the might of Rome!

Also, I've been meaning to mention this. I will mostly be referring to my Civ as "Rome" and "Roman". I've never liked the name "Byzantine".

Will Rome crush Arabia for good? Will it begin to retake its rightful land? Will Caesarea stop blatantly ripping off AOS9001's way of ending updates? Stay tuned to Reviving Rome to find out!

I love being an inspiration.

Well, I used the "manage attachments" button below, as my screenshot will show.

Spoiler :

Then, I open the the file that showed up down there in another tab. Another window would work too. I took the address of the file, and used "insert image", which is right above the text box (it looks like a tan rectangle with mountains on it). I then put spoiler tags around the image so the loading time hopefully wouldn't mess with slower browsers. Did this explain it?
Yes, Except for one thing. Is there a way you can do that without having to upload the images to a website first? I would love to be able to cut out the middle man and just upload them straight from my computer. But the quality is awful.

Yes, Except for one thing. Is there a way you can do that without having to upload the images to a website first? I would love to be able to cut out the middle man and just upload them straight from my computer. But the quality is awful.

The manage attachments button will bring up a new window where you can upload three files at a time directly from your computer. No middle man involved.

Top Bottom