Ideology pressure too weak

Glassmage

The Desert Flame
Hi All! I finally decide to go for a Culture Victory in BNW. I have to say it is really fun and way better than the old one. Currently doing this on King on my TSL earth map against 42 other civs as Venice.

Spoiler :

So far only 32 civs remain, and I am influential with 23 of them.

Spoiler :

As you can see I have 810 tourism which is way more than everyone else, and Autocratic Zulu will succumb to my tourism in 18 turns. I got this by have full Exploration and Aesthetics. Cities with Great Works have Broadcast Towers with the 33% tourism increase from Freedom tier 3. Also Airport, Hotels, and Visitor National Wonder. I even have the Internet!!!

Spoiler :

The problem here is the -34% from ideology differences making my victory slower even though my tourism is way stronger in the Popular range than his culture. Zulu killed Ethiopia and in general warmongering and control all sub-Saharan area, even colonize Australia lol. This is why The World Congress embargoed him so no 25% bonus trade route. He is far away from me too so no religion bonus.

Here is my collection from stealing artifacts around the world.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Anyway the unhappiness need to be more severe. I worked really hard for this tourism business so why are they not changing their ideology? :)

How are you playing with all of the civs? Has the cap been lifted? I REALLY want to play a map like this and I used to play Gedemon's but there was a cap on the amount of civs that could go into it.

Please share the map!

Finally won this morning. This is what happened after World Ideology: Freedom is passed. This kind of negative happiness should have happened earlier but eh good enough.

Spoiler :

How do you play with 42 civilizations? Please say > _ >
And how does it effect game performance?

43 civs? Those must be some epic turn times...

It's yet another earth map pack and 43 civ dll by Gedemon which can be found on his steam workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197967770736/myworkshopfiles/?8930

The map I'm playing is Cookie TSL Giant Map for this mod.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108728331

I have a i7 2600, 8 GB memory RAM, and graphic card is Nvidia GTX 580. Turn time slows down when you discover the whole world of course, but it isn't bad. I say late game take about 3 minutes between each turn.

I found that in the vast majority of cases ideologies give you so much happiness that the AI can sometimes even withstand a revolutionary wave for a long time. Seems to me that shouldn't happen

I'm trying to tell from your minimap picture but its difficult. Can you tell me what civs were eliminated and by who?

Just a quick look it appears that Rome was eliminated by you, and Maya possibly by Aztec? Also possibly India by Siam. I am curious which civs performed best.

I have been playing with the map for a while so I can say what is usually happen.

America often get killed by Iroquois or Aztec.
In Europe there is usually not enough space so Netherlands and Portugal get kick out pretty quick, same for Denmark.

In this particular game it was quite interesting. As Venice I know Rome and Greece will be big problems. With international trade routes being the main income, it was crucial to control the Adriatic Sea. Greece settled Sparta and block the strait, so I had to declare war on him and puppet Sparta. It worked well.

Spoiler :

After this war some turns later Greece and Rome declare on me but I held them back. DoF's with most of Europe are good and denouncements are important. The Huns meanwhile took Moscow from Russia with Battering Rams (first time I see this happen).

Also 1st time I see this happen is Carthage took Songhai's capital and 2 other cities with their elephants. Dido also took coastal cities of Egypt AND took Athens from Greece in a coalition war with Byzantium. Dromon + Quinquireme = gg Alex. Now I realized Carthage will dominate the Mediterranean Sea if I don't do anything. My army and navy are not strong enough however and Great Galleass is not an option until 2 eras later. What I did next is to bribe Dido to attack people she had DoF's with such as Byzantium. This lady is on a winning streak so the AI happily agreed for a few gpt. However, her army is not enough fighting against most of Europe a few turns later. Egypt, Byzantium, Morocco, and even Zulu(i know rite?) come to kill Carthage. Morocco even took the capital as you can see in the minimap in late game. Even Songhai managed to get their capital back. The Carthage Empire is no more!

In Europe, Germany killed Netherlands, Sweden killed Denmark, and France killed Portugal(usually Spain does this).

In the Middle East, Assyria dominated Babylon which is often what happen. What is interesting here is that on a TSL map, in later games other civs get stronger like Ottoman. In Renaissance, Janissary wiped out Assyria.

Zulu being Zulu killed Ethiopia in Medieval Era I think.

In Industrial era Zulu took Autocracy, France took Order, and I took Freedom. The Ideology wars were on....

In Asia what usually happen is Korea is killed by Japan. Mongolia vs China is also what happen in all my TSL games.

Just some other pics here.

Netherlands game in G&K

Spoiler :

Japan took Korea's capital. I was Siam
Spoiler :

As Babylon
Spoiler :

How do the script decide where to put the Otoman and Byzantine capitals? Istambul and Constantinople are the same place irl, just different names for different eras.

Babylon on a double floodplain river next to a mountain...that would make for a huge capital and science city. Gonna need aluminum/hydro before the production would be up to snuff

It's an XML script that you can change the starting positions if you want. Gedemon put Ottoman a few tiles east of Constantinople actually. I think it makes sense for a navy related UA and they can control Black Sea.

Also the map is balanced better now. In fact new Cookie TSL map was updated 2 days ago I think. No more mountain near Babylon lol.

Top Bottom