Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamingcheesepie

Chieftain
Currently:
When Tour is active in another Civilization's lands, gain 2 Happiness in the Capital
Proposal:
When Tour is active in another Civilization's lands, gain 1 Happiness in every City

Rationale:
First, the actual Tourism bonus from Tour is remaining unchanged in this proposal. Instead, I am trying to change the Musician bulb into something more than raw tourism - it can also become a way for wider civs to release unhappiness pressure. Wider civs are usually worse off at CV due to the more city penalty, so bulbing Musicians is already worse for them. This gives them a better choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wider civs are usually worse off at CV due to the more city penalty
Aaaand because percent tourism stack additively, going from 20% because of city spam, to 120% thks to Musician, is incredibly useful...
bulbing Musicians is already worse for them

So no, Musician are actually very important for wide CV.

Concerning the proposal itself... I'll probably vote neutral.

This one proposal is tough for me to understand. Can anyone elaborate if it is good or bad and how it impacts the game?

Essentially, it buffs musician bulbing for all civs as it grants significantly more happiness. No other change. Whether you think it's good or not is another story - I don't think it will significantly impact balance, but I could be wrong. It does buff Artistry a bit, because when you have a musician tour in another Civilization you will generate slightly more GAP from the happiness to GAP converter.

Essentially, it buffs musician bulbing for all civs as it grants significantly more happiness. No other change. Whether you think it's good or not is another story - I don't think it will significantly impact balance, but I could be wrong. It does buff Artistry a bit, because when you have a musician tour in another Civilization you will generate slightly more GAP from the happiness to GAP converter.
I had a feeling that Artistry is now a bit weaker from Fealty and much from Statecraft.

I can sponsor this. However, the implementation will work like this:

+1 Happiness in every City you own when the Concert Tour is performed. This bonus in a city that is lost when you lose that City and you cannot gain it back when recaptured. You also do not gain +1 Happiness in Cities you recently acquired so past Concert Tours will not add +1 Happiness to this.

This is what the code for the +2 Happiness in the Capital looks like right now, just translated to +1 Happiness in every City.

Is this acceptable? @Flamingcheesepie

Yeah that should be fine, marking as sponsored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom