Mod to Prevent Stupid Messages

damnyankees

Warlord
Is there out there which eliminates the AI's stupid messages, like their dumb threats or expressions of happiness you are friends with X or whatnot? They are pointless and slow games down immensely. I need to able to click next turn and walk away for a minute and be sure that when I get back it will actually be the next turn, and not that the whole process was held up because Attila wanted to call me a worm for no reason.

I like it when Attila call me a worm and my people beat rocks together.

Omg yes please! On a world map with 22 civs there are on average 5 of these messages per turn... They could simply become notifications and blend into the other noise at the lower right corner of the screen.

Right now I'm playing on a giant earth map with 43 civs, and its, like, quintupling my turn times. It's ing absurd.

I'm sure some mass commenting in the DLL would do the trick.

I'm sure some mass commenting in the DLL would do the trick.

Indeed. Not sure if commenting out, but it needs a modified DLL. The processing logic of all those messages is inside CvDiplomacyAI.cpp.

Right now I'm playing on a giant earth map with 43 civs, and its, like, quintupling my turn times. It's ing absurd.
May I ask how long does one turn take and what hardware do you have? I find large maps with ~12 civs unbearable after industrial era (immortal difficulty = tons of units) and you are playing a huge one with 43(!) civs...

Is there out there which eliminates the AI's stupid messages, like their dumb threats or expressions of happiness you are friends with X or whatnot? They are pointless and slow games down immensely. I need to able to click next turn and walk away for a minute and be sure that when I get back it will actually be the next turn, and not that the whole process was held up because Attila wanted to call me a worm for no reason.

You could start by modding the AI personality flavors so they all have Chattiness of 0....

@Makavcio: I'm expecting 5 to 20 minutes. depending on his machine :D
So he obviously doesn't want a turn to stop processing for this really pointless stuff.

I'm never playing larger maps due to the turn times, but these pointless interrupts still piss me off even though I have them only every other turn. With many civs and cs youl'll have it occur 5 times per turn, lol!

PS: Modding isn't a solution at all. For me only Gauntlets and the CFF HoF are keeping me playing CiV - so no mods. The devs should learn for their future games at the very least (yeah I'm aware CiV won't get any treats like fixing this).

It's nice to be informed, but the full diplo screen shouldn't appear every time, I agree.

They could just have one little icon to the right side, where mousing over shows ALL the little diplo changes (including ones that aren't announced currently) that happened with each civ this turn. Example:

Spain:
- covets your new wonder!
- is glad you are now friends with Germany

The Ottomans:
- are angry you are now friends with Germany.

Though I guess in a big game, it would need to be a window with a scroll bar, as the roll-over text would risk becoming taller than the screen:

America:
- Is concerned over your conquest of Lyon

Brazil:

Denmark:

etc, etc.

I'd like Civ to support multi-screen play...notifications, demographics, maps, etc, on the 2nd screen, your standard game screen as normal.

It's nice to be informed, but the full diplo screen shouldn't appear every time, I agree.

They could just have one little icon to the right side, where mousing over shows ALL the little diplo changes (including ones that aren't announced currently) that happened with each civ this turn. Example:

Spain:
- covets your new wonder!
- is glad you are now friends with Germany

The Ottomans:
- are angry you are now friends with Germany.

Though I guess in a big game, it would need to be a window with a scroll bar, as the roll-over text would risk becoming taller than the screen:

America:

Brazil:

Denmark:

etc, etc.

Is this even moddable in theory?

The first time it happens you're like: "oookay... is this just fluff?"

Then it just gets freaking annoyng. I wish I could answer: "TLDR!!!!!!"

Top Bottom