What are you guys playing now?

I've been playing a lot of games in my library that I haven't touched in a while, on top of Hotline Miami, which I finally sprung for and bought.

Hotline Miami was amazing and I'm on my second playthrough. The other games I've been playing are The Last Federation, LUFTRAUSERS, Fallout: NV, and Fate of the World of all games.

world of warcraft... the only game i have been playing for the last 5-6 months :)

Finally sprung for, wasn't it on sale for $1.49? lol

It's been on my wishlist since December.

Of 2012.

Even in this brave new world of online commerce, I'm still too lazy to buy things.

Been staying up nights since I remembered that I have a copy of Starfarer (now Starsector).

So good.

It's been on my wishlist since December.

Of 2012.

Even in this brave new world of online commerce, I'm still too lazy to buy things.

I meant a buck fifty isn't much of a "spring."

Anyway, still trying to figure out space chem. The training sucks, doesn't explain how to use stuff at all. I had to watch some youtubes of solutions and was like wow, you can do that?! Like I had no idea you could right click an input and change it to another symbol. I thought blue could only input the lower. And it took me a while to realize my pipeline was crashing cus the pipe was full of molecules the next reactor wasn't processing quickly enough.

Now that I sort of have the hang of it though, it's awesome. I'm trying not to play it too much cus it's sort of like my job and I don't want to get too burned out lol.

I'm up to 5 hours played on space chem but I think I'm going to give it up. It's massively complicated and not in a good way. I'm on the first defense mission where you blow up oxygen containers but you have to use these waldo switches and the in game explanation of how to use them is terrible. I youtube'd a solution and still don't understand it. I guess I'll have to find a guide but it's a lot of work to understand what should be just a puzzle game. I can understand this much research for a paradox game but here it's turning me off.

I fire'd up hotline miami, pretty mindless fun. It's deceptively hard which is a bit annoying since dying all the time makes the game repetitive. Also had to scale down the resolution and play in windowed mode. I know some people love retro pixel graphics but the fuzzy fonts hurt my eyes at 1080p.

The main menu is pretty horrid in Miami. Also you can hold down shift to look around the map, helps a lot to avoid getting shot from the end of a hallway offscreen that you can't see.

I was on a pretty long CiV kick after not playing it for awhile, but then I got caught up in Europa Universalis IV, and then the struggle between trying to multitask both games came to a sudden, abrupt end when I discovered Distant Worlds: Universe, which I was attempting to mod but haven't spent much time on lately (even though I really should).

Xenoblade Chronicles trumps all at the moment, though, and between it, Pikmin 2, Dynasty Warriors 8, and the ever-always Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I've been mostly preoccupied console game-wise the past few month.

Currently playing GearCity, a modernized mix of the underappreciated old 90's business sim classics Motor City and Detroit. Has really nice car and parts design system and tons of quality of life improvements over the originals. I had just dug back up Motor City a few weeks before I found this on Steam and just had to support it even though it's still in early access and need a good bit of balancing and new features. This is the sort of game that really needs early access to even get made.

You mean this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_(video_game)

I loved that game, but there was a gamebreaking bug in it where your assembly line would end up with max workers and they cost no salary, thus making you insanely profitable. On the flip side sometimes you ended up with max workers AND had to pay them and you would go bankrupt! Kinda before internet so we never patched it. I have some fond memories though.

Precisely that, as well as Motor City which I have more experience with.

Motor City has this weird effect on me where the brilliance of the mechanics and concept makes me return to it every few years and then eventually realize it's just too clunky, slow and micromanagement-heavy to finish an entire game.

My limited experience of Detroit was that it had overall more well balanced features and gameplay for actually progressing through the game, but as you say seemed to have a lot of weird issues, and just seemed to lack a bit in flavor and depth compared to Motor City for me.

GearCity seems to pull off what both games intended in a much better way, hopefully it recieves a lot more development.

Top Bottom