What Videogames are you playing? ΙΔ - Meet your doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember , I was playing a while ago, but it wasn't the lowest - unmoded version. Do You play moded or unmoded version ?

Sorry - didn't seen Your response earlier ;)
You really should switch over to the TAC mod and give it a whirl. Otherwise you're cheating yourself out of a chance to play the game in its best form. Its a much better and richer game using the TAC mod. It's a superior experience in every way. The TAC mod essentially obsoletes Vanilla TBH.

It was only in the last few years that Germany got to play an uncensored version of Half-Life. There were some odd design choices in the censored version, such as barnacle gibs being replaced with mechanical parts, scientists sitting down and shaking their heads until they slowly faded away (after running through a tripmine, too!), and replacing all the HECU marines with robots.
Yes I know, because I didn't buy and play HL until after I settled in Germany (in 2006).

I'd bought a Steam multi-key CD that also allowed me to install HL:Blue Shift, HL:Opposing Force, and Team Fortress (though I never tried the last). What was kind of ridiculous, was that HL was censored, but the expansions weren't! So although the main campaign indeed looked a little weird at times, I was nonetheless allowed to gib those b*****d HECU Marines and Black Ops to my hearts' content in the expansions, just as nature/ Valve intended.
Yeah, the final mission was a beast. A great game though - someone should remake this and improve enemy AI a bit.
Yeah, I only managed to complete most of the 'later' C:BEL missions (i.e. pretty much everything after Mission 5 or so!) by savescumming: on some missions I was saving pretty much after each successful kill.

In celebration of finally beating Mission 20, I actually wrote a walkthrough for it myself, because it had taken me so damn long to do, and I was so chuffed with myself for managing it without online help (I'd found a massive textfile on MobyGames or somewhere, which walked through up to Mission 19, but no further).

Last edited:
Tower of Time free on GoG's Winter Sale today.

Anybody played it?
I'll try it out since it works on Linux, but since A Sanguine Tale and the Dragon Trilogy have both been ported to Wesnoth 1.14 (headsup @Ajidica) I'm afraid my attention will be focused on that. Especially with a major bug fix.

Last edited:
Mostly for Tim not to flip out the next time he enters GoG.

It's the first time I've seen it shoved onto the main page. Maybe it's because since I only have to log in to GoG when I download the game file and then install it and run it separately (unlike Steam) then I only occasionally enter that, whereas the much more invasive Steam, with just the one game from them, gets far more often in my face.

Last edited:
I just leveled my night elf huntress to level 52.

:crazyeye:

Do you agree with the assessment by Clan Bitterleaf (celebrated forest rangers and cooks) that orcs and goblins are wandering chunks of XP?

It's the first time I've seen it shoved onto the main page. Maybe it's because, since I only have to log in to GoG when I download the game file and then install it and run it separately (unlike Steam) then I only occasionally enter that, whereas the much more invasive Steam, with just the one game from them, gets far more often in my face.

I have GOG Galaxy so that Playnite can see my uninstalled games. When I launch a GOG game, it just opens. When I launch a Steam game, it opens the Steam client (unless I have it open already), goes through 50 updates, and then launches the game.

That sounds familiar.

How familiar does it sound?

Very. See you next year, CFC.

I have GOG Galaxy so that Playnite can see my uninstalled games. When I launch a GOG game, it just opens. When I launch a Steam game, it opens the Steam client (unless I have it open already), goes through 50 updates, and then launches the game.

I just use GoG to look at my uninstalled games. Since I don't use Galaxy, there's no real way to identify a "GoG game" on my machine. I just run what I want. If I ever launch a Steam game, you will all know since the universe will implode.

I just like having all my games in one place together. I used to use Windows' built-in Game Explorer (which is a step up from 'dumping all your game shortcuts in one folder') but it was removed. I tried adding everything to Steam but it just felt clunky. Then I found Playnite. :)

I just like having all my games in one place together. I used to use Windows' built-in Game Explorer (which is a step up from 'dumping all your game shortcuts in one folder') but it was removed. I tried adding everything to Steam but it just felt clunky. Then I found Playnite. :)

I don't mind just having all my game shortcuts littering my desktop. When it gets to be too much I make a toybox folder and shove all the shortcuts I'm not likely to be using in that.

Yeah but that's less pretty.

Spoiler :

I brought Blitzkreig3 during the sale but everyone whom tried it during the free weekend has some kind of horrendous bug that prevents all progress
Developers are all on holidays and the forums are starting to fill with angry players.

Its a pretty fun RTS for like $3, the earning units, leveling them up and base building elements are nice gameplay loop. Kinda sucks that I cant play it

Last edited:
Video games are fun. :smug: Except when they break that badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom