What board games are you playing?: You've had enough screen time

45 thousand backers, 6.8 million dollars raised and they want to "kick start" something? ;) Great game though.

Reactions: HEF
Sunday, 26th December ~Two Thousand & Twenty One

MONOPOLY Star Wars: The Mandalorian Edition by Hasbro & Disney

Saw this dude on YouTube talking about Monopoly Star Wars: The Mandalorian Edition approximately a year and half ago; right around the time COVID-19 hit and he described the gameplay so eloquently that I was curious to check it out.

He was right!

The Star Wars Mandalorian Edition is fun, if you enjoy Monopoly.

Played this with my mother and my little nephew; one of those extremely rare moments we ever get to spend time with each other.

If you're a fan of the television show, you'll appreciate the diverse cast of characters such as Cara Dune or Moff Gideon featured in this latest edition of Monopoly.

Last edited:

The cult-classic, Heroes of Might & Magic III, is coming to Kickstarter as an official board game.

The gameplay will combine world-exploring that uses hexagonal map tiles and the chess-like battle system representing the classic battlefields the series is known for.

Coming soon — November 2022​

This seems designed to take away my money. I will have to scrutinise the KS in greater detail.

MONOPOLY Star Wars: The Mandalorian Edition by Hasbro & Disney

Saw this dude on YouTube talking about Monopoly Star Wars: The Mandalorian Edition approximately a year and half ago; right around the time COVID-19 hit and he described the gameplay so eloquently that I was curious to check it out.

He was right!

The Star Wars Mandalorian Edition is fun, if you enjoy Monopoly.

Played this with my mother and my little nephew; one of those extremely rare moments we ever get to spend time with each other.

If you're a fan of the television show, you'll appreciate the diverse cast of characters such as Cara Dune or Moff Gideon featured in this latest edition of Monopoly.

Ugh, another IP-based version of Monopoly.

So, nobody mentioned Axis and Allies?

Need something two player to play w my girlfriend. Ideally a lil more exciting than backgammon

Need something two player to play w my girlfriend. Ideally a lil more exciting than backgammon
Cribbage; Racing Demon/Thirteen; Mille Bourne.

If you have a few players perhaps.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/27627/talisman-revised-4th-edition

Or

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/58/kings-things - Even allows stacks of more than 1. :lol:

Or

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/13/catan Not played but seems very popular with people I know

There is also a decent LOTR game too. I forget it's name.

Not sure you can buy the middle one any more.

Kings & Things, now thats a blast from the past.
Think I still have it in a cupboard somewhere.

Kings & Things, now thats a blast from the past.
Think I still have it in a cupboard somewhere.
Safely tucked away here too. Along with Heroquest which seems popular now. £85 for a board game?

With a tweak of house rules, Scrabble can be fun.

There are plenty of card games that two people can play, regardless if the rules insist they're for 3 or 4 players.

Cribbage; Racing Demon/Thirteen; Mille Bourne.
My grandmother and I used to play Mille Bornes a lot. I remember she'd get so mad at me for playing Stop cards and Speed Limits against her.

Actually, if time isn't too much of a consideration, any of the Mayfair rail games can be played by two people. There are lots of different variants based in different countries around the world (North America, Europe, Australia, Japan, China, India, Russia), or there's a fantasy version called Iron Dragon. I even have a science fiction version - Mars Rails.

Safely tucked away here too. Along with Heroquest which seems popular now. £85 for a board game?
I've got Heroquest on a shelf in the living room.

What I'd really like is the Avalon Hill Civilization board game. It's godawful pricey, though.

Played Kemet: Blood and Sand. Loved it, it was pretty epic. Hope I get to play it again soon.

Haven't played Kemet (yet) but Matagot make excellent games. I've played Cyclades and Inis and both are really good.
I've played Cyclades a bunch and I like it a lot too. Kemet is more combat driven which I like a lot. And the artwork of the Blood and Sand remake is amazing.

Played Kemet: Blood and Sand. Loved it, it was pretty epic. Hope I get to play it again soon.
Kemet? *hopeful voice* Is this related to Egypt?

Top Bottom