Mayan Apocalypse Now!

budweiser

King of the Beers
As you may know, tomorrow is the last day of the Mayan Calendar. To celebrate, I attached a save and a screen shot.

This is a standard continents prince game. The goal is to win the game in 2012. Ideally you will want to unleash some sort of apocalypse on the map before you launch your spaceship. May I suggest nuking every capital and then launching your space ship.

But if prince is a challenge for you, then just winning the game exactly on 2012 is good.

Suggested Rules:
No more than 5 of your own cities.
You may puppet as much as you want.
No capturing enemy capitals until turn 2012.

Note: I took the first save I came across that looked good, then I explored a bit. I think it will work pretty well.

Happy Apocalypse!

Must have all downloaded content.

Moderator Action: Moved to GD.

Attachments

• Pacal_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    516.2 KB · Views: 126
I can't tell how those crazy b'ak'tun numbers correspond to "regular" years. Do we know what turn number or b'ak'tun number (either would be helpful) corresponds to 2012?

Also, it should be on one of the turns you get granted one of your great people.

This is a fun idea and thank you for your effort. I will abstain as I've played a game as the Mayans recently, am finishing off some acheivements and have no desire to play another game all the way through to 2012 with them again.

@ OP

I notice in your screen shot, the score for unmet players is displayed. Which mod is that?
Would I need to enable that to play your save game file?

@ OP

I notice in your screen shot, the score for unmet players is displayed. Which mod is that?

I'm pretty sure that is just one of the options in the options screen.

@ OP

I don't remember exactly how to do it but I can confirm it's not a mod: I have it too and I have mods disabled because I'm farming acheibments.

I've started a Mayan game on small continents/epic/warlord. I'm a bit (a lot) crap at civ but I do enjoy playing it. Currently, I am on a large island with only Saladin. I want to destroy him so I take the whole island. We both have six cities but I am losing 6gpt. Is there a way I can produce more gold as the Mayans so I can support a bigger army to destroy Saladin? Is there a guide for playing Mayans somewhere?

Cheers

Well I started this before the end of the world, but holiday travel meant I didn't finish this until tonight. Odd game, to have to slow things down to get a specific victory on a specific turn (turn 432 is 2012, as it turns out). To have a bit more fun, I decided I would try for a five-way victory condition:
  • As Budweiser instructed, I wanted to launch (for science victory) on turn 432 after nuking the other capitals.
  • Treating turn 432 as a time limit, I wanted to have the highest score on turn 432.
  • I wanted to complete the Utopia Project (but, since Utopia auto-wins at the start of the turn, I wouldn't be able to do the nuke-fest, so I aimed for 1 turn left on Utopia at turn 432).
  • As a sort of "anti-domination" victory, I wanted to puppet the whole world EXCEPT enemy capitals and CSs.
  • I wanted to satisfy the requirements for a diplomatic victory.
Got the first three easily enough. Never built more than 4 cities (all on the original island/subcontinent) and had no wars until I started my puppet-the-world campaign. The only fly in the ointment on the puppet campaign that I was unable to liberate Amsterdam or Carthage after taking those cities from their conquerers (I was able to liberate Beijing, Addis Ababa and Madrid, and left Onandonga and Athens unconquered -- must be something I don't understand about the liberation mechanic). To keep with the spirit of the challenge, I did go ahead and nuke both cities, even though they were my puppets.

I did miss the diplo by one turn (miscounted the number of turns remaining to 2012, so I started the UN 2 turns late, and was only able to shave off one turn by unemploying every citizen I could find).

Fun stuff.

Top Bottom