Legendary Marathon

Hentooth

Lord & Master
Can anyone tell me how many points a city must reach on marathon speed to achieve legendary?

I have three well above 50,000 and nothings happened so Im guessing the 50k mark must be for a faster game.

My apologies if this is on the site somewhere but I cant spot it!

:eek:

On Marathon a city must reach a whopping 150,000 points to become legendary. Marathon is brutal.

Dark Helmet said:
On Marathon a city must reach a whopping 150,000 points to become legendary. Marathon is brutal.

No, not really. Since the game is three times longer than a standard game, accumulating three times the number of culture points shouldn't be any harder. This is one aspect of the game that scales up perfectly linearly.

To the OP: when you don't know how many points you need, just check the Victory screen. It always shows you how far away you are from winning under all possible conditions and will tell you how much you need.

You can also check the culture of each of those cities, where they say like "Culture: influential - 50438/150000"

then you know you need 150000 to get to Legendary ;)

jayeffaar said:
No, not really. Since the game is three times longer than a standard game, accumulating three times the number of culture points shouldn't be any harder. This is one aspect of the game that scales up perfectly linearly.

To the OP: when you don't know how many points you need, just check the Victory screen. It always shows you how far away you are from winning under all possible conditions and will tell you how much you need.

You're right it seems brutal , but it is only just scaled up.

one of my Chinese cities is producing 224 culture a turn in 1098 AD , and even though it needs another 120,000 , I'm estimating it'll get there around 1850 AD, if not before

get radiostations they whhooooop the culture output

Marathon is for the true CIV fanatics...aka nothing else to do.
HAHA!!

150,000? crap. I think Ill manage to get two cities up there but not three.

I am loving marathon - bring it on!

flytyer said:
Marathon is for the true CIV fanatics...aka nothing else to do.
HAHA!!
Well, yes, thats the one advantage of being unemployed - pleanty of time for civ!

Top Bottom