What is the newcomers / veterans ratio of Civ5 ?

Are you a newcomer (see post) or a veteran player ?

• Newcomer

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • Veteran

Votes: 64 72.7%

• Total voters
Well I played 1, 3, 4 and SMAC but nothing of them too seriously. When Civ first game out, I was a wee kid and I didn't really understand the finer perks of the game. Deity player of civ5, though

Veteran I guess. CivI and Colonization were games of my childhood. I played a bit of CivII and FreeCiv, missed CivIII and came back with CivIV and ColIV, eventually getting CivV after I got my new laptop.

I am guessing if you are in your early 40's like myself you all started with Civ 1 in college. I went through Civ 1, 2, 3, 4 and now 5. Getting all the expansions that were possible.

What I love the very most about the development of the game from the early 90's to present with BNW with all DLC's is the graphics and design. Game structure is nice like bringing in all the Social Trees etc. But the graphics is what I love the most. Meaning like how the deer and other animals actually move, the ocean waves, whales jumping plus the military units.

However wish they would bring back some of the videos and city screen views. At first I did not like the windows which opened when finishing World Wonders and since it has grown on me so much I think it's classic. How will the guys out do themselves with Civ 6.

Huge Gap between Civ 1 and now BNW and I love it.

Brew God

Played civ 2, 3 and 4 previously as well as civ call to power. So veteran I guess.

I dont feel that veteran, really. These games arent as easy as they used to be anymore.

Got Civilization Revolution one day at Cashwise when Red Alert 3 wasn't quite my kind of game. Inevitably found Civ4, eventually got Civ5 too.

I almost got revolution for ps3 but the ps store wasnt selling it online and its cd had to be purchased at a video game store.

Played a lot of Civ2, only succession games here for Civ3, only a few SP games for Civ4.

But over 400 hours of Civ5 so far... :)

I've been playing since Civ III, but my games back then usually devolved into trying to see how much of a mess I could make by launching nukes everywhere, rather than actually trying to win.

Nukes in civilization used to be able to move 16 tiles. Once they were launched on cities, their populations would reduce by half and pollution would appear in nearby tiles.

Im a vet.. I started playing civilization since civilization 1. I've played all civilizations except civilization 3.

Same. Bought civ3 but i hated so much...played like 4-5 games and thats it.

But over 400 hours of Civ5 so far... :)

You can add a zero for me! :crazyeye:

I have noticed a large influx of new players in multiplayer. Most likely due to the game coming down in price quite a bit after BE came out. There are still a lot of veterans playing but they are definitely being drastically outnumbered.

MP offers a lot more replayability than sp too. Each human is a different leader with different tastes. That makes a lot of leaders. I never seen so much mp players around these days.

Each games can be largely different than sp where some ''paths'' need to be respected for immortal-deity level. At ''human'' level you can try a lot more things.

Newcomers : you've bought Civ5 without buying any of the past iterations.

Veterans : you already bought a Civ game (including Civilization : Call To Power 1 or 2) before Civ5.

Example : you bought Sid Meier Alpha Centauri only and Civ5 : you are a newcomer.

I've played every preceding Civ game, plus both installments of Call to Power, Alpha Centauri, Master of Magic, Master of Orion, and even Empire back in the day.

Kickin' it old school, homies. :D

EDIT: I forgot, I never played the console Civ, Revolutions or whatever.

Top Bottom